New auto GI?

The_Ebolanator

[08] Mercenary
Hey, guys. I'm pretty new to this particular site, so bear with my potential noobness, but I found something freaky the other day.

So, I'm playing a casual match with my friend. He's Siegfried and I'm Cervantes, and he decides to do a 6B attack on me, pretty mundane, so I use (I think, not entirely sure) a B+K command on him, (I can't remember if I used any directional input or not) and the strangest thing happens:
There was a relatively distinctive gaurd-impact "ching" sound (you know what I'm talking about) and Cervantes proceeds to plant his left-hand sword into the ground and leap off of it like a pole vault and does this weird side-flip double-kick leading into a double-sword swipe. (To give you a rough idea of what it looks like, imagine 214K and the latter part of 6A+B:B fused into one fluid attack)

Both my friend and I were freakin' dumbstruck.

Now, I want to assure you folks that I'm not mistaking this for other moves. Even though I don't know what this move was, I can tell you what it was NOT:

This move was NOT 4A+K. I am fully aware that 4A+K has an auto gaurd-impact frame that looks like the old A+K from SC, SCII and SCIII.

This move was NOT 88_22K. I know that this move gives GI frames to the side kick.

This move was DEFINITLY NOT 214K followed with 6A+B:B. (just throwing that out just in case)

If anyone knows what the hell that move was and how to use it, I will be quite thankful.

Peace.

Now, I want to assure you folks that I'm not mistaking this for other moves. Even though I don't know what this move was, I can tell you what it was NOT:

This move was NOT 4A+K. I am fully aware that 4A+K has an auto gaurd-impact frame that looks like the old A+K from SC, SCII and SCIII.
But are you aware that there are 2 different types of attacks from 4A+K?

1) You auto-gi from a normal range or close range, he plants his sword immediately and swoop kicks the opponent and pushes him/her behind him.

2) You auto-gi from a further range, he plants his sword and pounds you with his two feet as he would with 214K.

I'm likely to suspect itz number 2.

In addition, I was testing 4A+K, I believe it auto-gi's horizontal kicks and weapons moving horizontally from mid to high and from frames 5 to 12. It doesn't seem to auto-gi special mids and lows for that matter.

^ hahaha aye if you dont minf me asking where do you live around cause im gonna go offline soon cause BB took alot of online player away for the time and your on my list for cervys i wanna play :)

^ hahaha aye if you dont minf me asking where do you live around cause im gonna go offline soon cause BB took alot of online player away for the time and your on my list for cervys i wanna play :)
I can't believe I've missed this quote for a long time.

Due to the long response (apologize for that) I'm still not sure if you're still planning on going to Toronto and if you do, I recommend playing @ OOFMATIC's place.

Just PM OOFMATIC the location and we can get a gathering arranged.

oh okay but that arrow is pointing up to one I posted so I thought you meant me when you could've meant to point to someone else.

Back