[New England] Booze + Puritan Values

Good shit last night Lasercakes. You've definitely improved your game sense in general. Good execution, good punishment, good patience (almost too much!) and good pressure. Now you just gotta stop guess ducking at range 0-1 and you'll start placing at tourneys. ;) (Honestly, that's the ONLY part of your game I think wasn't totally on-point)

Good shit last night Lasercakes. You've definitely improved your game sense in general. Good execution, good punishment, good patience (almost too much!) and good pressure. Now you just gotta stop guess ducking at range 0-1 and you'll start placing at tourneys. ;) (Honestly, that's the ONLY part of your game I think wasn't totally on-point)
Hearing this means a lot to me actually.

The first thing I do when learning a new character is take them to get stabbed by Pyrrha, but I still have to go through a few move sets. I think I have a pretty good sense of what's stabbable or not, but there's also some stuff I'm going to have a hard time unlearning because of SCIV. Like Sieg 3B. That shit is like permanent muscle memory. Do you know how many times I aGed then froze mentally? I had even taken Sieg to training mode with Pyrrha and Zwei so I wouldn't get owned by it. I did get around it sometimes, but old habits die hard I guess.

I do twitch duck too much. I might need to think about that a bit more. I do it because punishing a throw whiff is rewarding at some level, but I'm definitely eating too many mids. I'm not sure I should completely take it out of my game, just be a lot more conscious about doing it. If I'm getting read I should adapt to being read.

What exactly makes you say good execution though? I don't think I'm on your level. I knew Pyrrha 66B BE is dumb. I had never relied on it for pressure in an advantage sense. I was really shocked that you only missed the just guard once (which was on wake up so w/e).

I've been described as passive, but what do you mean by patience?

GG's last night. Lasercakes nice playing you for the first time in V, and a pleasant surprise visit from he who guards the treasure pit!

Also; shoutout to George Dickle, thanks for stopping by..

GG's last night. Lasercakes nice playing you for the first time in V, and a pleasant surprise visit from he who guards the treasure pit!

Also; shoutout to George Dickle, thanks for stopping by..
GG's to you as well Mike. Good times in the car (no homo lol) with Dickel (seriously). Same to MacPeanuts, gg's mang. :D

Max, I suppose passive fits the description a bit more. I had to work pretty hard to program you to attack when I wanted you to. You wouldn't come to me on your own. You're a very active player when you get into proper range - I suppose patient wasn't the best description.

if anyone is looking to buy a soul calibur 5 ''bible'' i have one for sale, $20.

a must for anyone looking to get into this game seriously.

Is this one of those hardcover guides? I may be interested in buying this. You going to Battleboro?

Max, I suppose passive fits the description a bit more. I had to work pretty hard to program you to attack when I wanted you to. You wouldn't come to me on your own. You're a very active player when you get into proper range - I suppose patient wasn't the best description.
Oh that makes a lot of sense. I think I am a pretty passive player, but I'm not sure if that's my nature influencing how I play my characters or my characters influencing my play style. I feel like Zwei and Pyrrha don't really have strong options for killing step and anything linear will get me killed. Pyrrha's frames relative to the majority of the cast lets her get away with some pretty retarded stuff. I did manage to show off some Zwei rush down, but I still need more experience, not only with the character, but with how people (especially smart players) react.

Also GFGs Mike/Ryan/Peanuts. I asked if anyone else who played was on here. But I'm too deaf and it was too loud to hear what they said.

Battleboro 2012 unofficial SCV results

1. Jian (Sieg/Maxi)
2. Cheeseburger (Xiba)
3. DSB (Aeon/NM)

GG's to MK_Peanuts, Cla, Cheeseburger, Jian and the guy named Merklito (or something?). Nice to get in a little casual with PlotArmor and tito887 too.

How many entrants were there? Sorry I couldn't make it out guys. Had some family stuff to do today. Congratulations to Jian for winning. :) Grats to Doug and Corey as well! Hope you guys had fun.

gg's as always Kenny, Frank, and Justin!

Wish I could of made it out to GU last Friday, it sounds like people had a really good time. I'm aiming to make it this week though. Congrats to the placers by the way! Nice to see Liz getting in on the action.

Yo here's some vids from the Battleboro tournament. I don't remember my opponents' names so if you fought me and you want your name in the vid, let me know.
GGs everyone. Can't wait to learn more Viola and fight you all again.

Cla - I'm the Aeon/Nightmare player in the 4th video from the top. Good shit with Viola. I must have eaten that jump-in low of hers like 10 times that match. GG.

I had a feeling a lot of people were unfamiliar with Viola. It'll really be an uphill battle for me now that you've all seen some of her tricks. I look forward to leveling up a lot more and testing her out again. If any of you all play on PSN, add me.

I was lucky I got to talk with Cedric at Winter Brawl. Got some very good insight on Viola. I'm eager to see yours, Cla.

I got a long way to go but you can see my Viola in the "CLA'S SOULCALIBUR V VIDS" link in my signature. The playlist is in chronological order of course so don't bother with the early embarrassing scrubbish vids. I guess like the 5 latest vids are a good example of where I am now. Though I haven't uploaded any vids since really hitting the lab and Viola Soul Arena after Battleboro. So many opportunities for damage and oki I was missing.

Ok guys, how about some HYPE for my Spring Super Showdown tournament now? Get in that thread and RSVP, leave comments, etc. We need plenty of hype, and the best way to generate it is by showing the community that a lot of people plan on showing up. Help your boy out!

Back