[New England] Booze + Puritan Values

So what's everyone doing these days? Still playing SCV? Playing different games? I've been getting bodied in 2Ds. I haven't actually asked, but every time I go to GU I get the feeling no one would welcome a setup running SCV.

Spring break's coming up for me (March 9 - 17), so if anyone wants to get some games in let me know.

I guess i will take liberty in saying that a good portion of us have moved back to both origin games and others playing completely different genres all together, and other just busy with life is my guess... i myself as of recent have been balancing out both TTT2(my first/origin) and SC5 and slowly getting out of personal debts. Although not really traveling as its been for me for the past couple years(well at least a year anyways)...which is gonna change(you can count on it). As far as east coast events go, they are closer in location and i can hop on a bus(something completely new for me as far as tourneys go) so i can go by myself or with another and get bus ticket deals and save a bit of $...most of you others(no one in particular) just travel by plane or car mostly... and luckily for me bus is cheaper as it should be in comparison.

I haven't been to GU in quite some time...last time i remember going the 2D guys just take up all the tv/monitors for SSF4 AE or UMvC3...leaving us 3D players without a set up and or by beating us to the punch... us 3D guys are WAY too passive is another reason we don't get a set-up...if there were more of the 3D guys showing up/speaking up then i am almost certain it could balance itself with a compromise and share equally the set-ups...as it should be.

Dude, the fuck have you been? I've been traveling and shit! I'm going to Winter Brawl today! Lol
Haha, I saw! I was like "huh...sandman... we've got a sandman... kinda looks like ours, only with longer hair..." *squint* "HOLY SHI-"

but yea, it was good seeing you play man, good on ya for traveling! Unfortunately, last year was my crazy tournament year - this year not so much. Trying to buckle down with school, work, and trying to make time for my gf is tough. I would still be totally down to play, but not many still play Calibur around these parts it seems. That being said, I am DESPERATELY trying to scrounge up the funds to go to Final Round this year. Super Hobo Mode - Activate!

But yeaaaaah I'm just gonna leave this here. EVO THIS YEAR ANYONE?!
http://www.examiner.com/article/nevada-pot-legalization-6th-state-to-legalize-pot

So who's entering the PAX tourney on Friday? I'll be honest. I just want to know so I can run your characters through the lab for stupid shit.

I'll be at PAX with Blackalpha scrubbin out noobs and consuming souls.
Lasercakes: i would say train up for my Cervy but that would be the greatest fighting game joke of 2013. Later boners.

GG to Lasercakes even though the setup wasn't optimal for us competitive gamers, but it was nice seeing you there. It was nice seeing Nightblade the other day too. GG to Jian who I heard won the SC tourney.

Did anyone do the MadKats Challenge? Out of the people they pick on Sunday they was only 3 people that given relatively decent match ups for Soul Calibur. You win a prize if you took a game off Kayane. I am pretty sure any one of us would of at least taken a game or set off her. Unfortunately they didn't pick me even though I was clearly enthusiastic and noticeable in the crowd. With a little bit of trolling, I would of definitely made it entertaining for everyone and won a prize.

Sup Gary! It was good seeing you too man. I was SO discouraged that there was so little love for 3ds at PAX, I couldn't stay too long toward the end of the day, lol. Jian was there?? There was an SC tourney? DA FAK?

Okay so I know this thread is fucking dead, but I'll see anybody who's going at ECT! I missed it last year, and fucked up big time missing Final Round, so this year I'm confirmed for Jersey. If SC is there, I will be entering. :D Time to practice back up! eeeeehhhhhHHHHhh1h;88rthw;5h

Sup Gary! It was good seeing you too man. I was SO discouraged that there was so little love for 3ds at PAX, I couldn't stay too long toward the end of the day, lol. Jian was there?? There was an SC tourney? DA FAK?

Okay so I know this thread is fucking dead, but I'll see anybody who's going at ECT! I missed it last year, and fucked up big time missing Final Round, so this year I'm confirmed for Jersey. If SC is there, I will be entering. :D Time to practice back up! eeeeehhhhhHHHHhh1h;88rthw;5h

SC will be there. I'll be there.

Guys this is kind of an emergency post, lol. Well, not emergency, but last minute, certainly.

Game Underground is holding a BostonStrong Charity stream for 26 hours starting tonight at 8pm and going until 10:20pm Saturday. We're gonna be playing anything and everything, including Calibur. If enough heads show up, I will most certainly run a tourney. Come by... even if it's 3am O_o Just text/call me so I can get my ass out of bed. Those that need my number, inbox meh, hit me up on Facebook, or ask one of the oldschool heads here, lol. GET IT GURL.

And Max, yeah I'm definitely down to play!

Back