new member from the MK community

pherleece

[08] Mercenary
hey. my name is Chris but in the fighting game community I'm known as pherleece. I mainly play MK9 and i am VERY involved in the community we have. I'm apart of a group from NY called Valley Stream Monsters (VSM) and we run a stream every Thursday and run tournament at select minor and major tournaments in the Atlantic north region of the US. Some of the players we have picked up SCV and are starting to get into it and we are gonna run it at our tournament this Saturday. We are lucky to have the number 1 mk9 player in the US and he has also started to play SCV and hopefully will make a big impact on the community here. I will be talking to all our members about getting more involved with SCV. We will all be at the major, Winter Brawl 6 in Philadelphia PA, for MK9 and some of us will be entering SCV. If anyone is going to this event, I would love to meet some of you. Anyone interested in the MK community, feel free to message me anytime. Thanks for reading =]

i commentate and sometimes play on a MK9 stream every Thursday so check it out! it starts around 8. twitch.tv/kombatnetwork

Welcome to 8WayRun, Chris!
It's wonderful to have people so passionate as yourself and friends giving soul calibur a chance.
I actually loved MK9...that game and soul calibur are the only series where I can block upon reaction.
None of these silly 6 frames attack that are blindingly fast.

Hope the tournament scene goes well where you are. We've learned a lot about our community from SCIV and its mistakes and are taking much caution and care to maintain everyone's interests in SCV. I really think things are looking up.

hi my name is quan i also come from the mk community and may pick this game up for tournies after much more learning

Looks like all the Kombatants are coming over! I would love to see some SC5 VSM streaming going on! Do you happen to know what character CDJR is playing? (Unless you count PL as reigning champ, in which case I would also like to know anyways, lol.)

na i dont know any of that info sorry bro, came over b/c im a fan of the series and my community was trying to learn it

Welcome. I'm new myself. It's good to see people from other games coming into the mix. I enjoyed what time I did have with MK9. I really loved Noob Saibot (I learned him from watching streams. I can't remember the guys name that inspired me to pick him up). Sadly the game didn't take off so well in my area. We only had a few casual players. Most of everyone in Colorado is down on MvC3. Hope to see you in the forums.

Looks like all the Kombatants are coming over! I would love to see some SC5 VSM streaming going on! Do you happen to know what character CDJR is playing? (Unless you count PL as reigning champ, in which case I would also like to know anyways, lol.)

no PL is not the champ. he lost that title when he retired as soon as a patch for the game came out. he can be champ again possibly at Evo but i still got my money on CD Jr. last time i spoke to him he said Viola but it could of changed cause my main has changed since i spoke to him too

Back