New to 8wayrun, Just wondering if..

Another question if I may. Do Tournament players play on pad or stick? i currently have a te madcatz for my fighters. Whats the most common button setup for a stick?

Sorry for all the questions >.<

It's fine, I'm happy you asked. That is all personal opinion. Some love the pads. Some love the sticks......wait that didn't sound right.....>.>

To more specifically answer your question about pads/sticks; in the SC community unlike the SF community, pad players make up at least 50% of the tournament player populace. The reason? Half the games have been console exclusive; so people learned that way.

Many of the old players use sticks, and so do many of the converts to SC from other fighting games. I personally feel that button inputs on a stick are slightly more precise; but it's all preference to be honest. Also, welcome to the site.

-Idle

Hi, and welcome. I'd personally get it because although a lot of features will be changing in SCV, you'd still be better of knowing a bit about Soul Calibur IV first.

Yeah, and Ragna in that rachel gag. I thought that was hilarious. I'm surprised they haven't made an anime for BB. it definitely has the potential and they did that for street fighter, final fantasy, and the tales series so why not blazblue?

Yeah, and Ragna in that rachel gag. I thought that was hilarious. I'm surprised they haven't made an anime for BB. it definitely has the potential and they did that for street fighter, final fantasy, and the tales series so why not blazblue?
Because it would be lousy and we'd all be disappointed. Much better to keep it as a game and we can keep it in high esteem imho. =/

I guess you're right. I'm fine with those cameos Litchi shorts and the story just fine. after all its like ten to fifteen minutes of dialogue and talking and then a one round fight?

Nice meeting you iKickz!

As a long term calibur fan are you looking to get into the game competitively? Maybe find some people in your area who play SC4 and duke it out with them? If so, there are competitors all over the world who post here looking for some offline competition. You should find your area and check it out!

So whats your favorite character? Any personal wish's for Soul Calibur 5? btw *tangent* that is a great avatar, I love Black Butler. If your fan of anime we have ongoing discussions in our General Discussion Lounge, you can also find threads about pretty much any other non-calibur topic there.

If you need help finding your way around or getting individual questions answered just send me a message, Im here to help out!

Enjoy your stay!

Another question if I may. Do Tournament players play on pad or stick? i currently have a te madcatz for my fighters. Whats the most common button setup for a stick?

Sorry for all the questions >.<
It varies with the only thing I have consistently seen is Hilde players ALWAYS use pad. Other than that it is a split between players. I've seen tournament Ivy players use stick, xbox pad (which is beyond me), and even Malek (EVO 09' winner) use a PS1 pad. It is pure preference, but you may find a character exclusive reason to like one over the other. I swear by stick personally.

Stick set ups are generally:

A | B | K | (A+B+K+G or none)
G | ? | ? | ?

now those '?' can be set up for character specific and personal things. I like to use B+K | A+K| A+B+K because it helps Ivy a lot, but I will also sometimes do A | G | A so I can do Nightmare's AgA really easily. Ive seen people put their grabs there as well. Some players just leave them disabled.

Madcatz TE is also the stick I heavily endorse. I've tried quite a few stick and this is the one I feel is easily my favorite. However when learning the stick I found the SANWA's were a lil hyper sensitive for SC and I swapped them out for one's with a deeper trigger...but when I got back to 2D fighters the SANWA's are perfect so I got used to it. There are other good sticks out there, but I always feel I dislike the buttons, surface area, or stick or something. Beyond the need to dual mod, the TE is perfect and the only reason not to get one is cost if you're a person who is willing to mod a cheaper stick.

I'm yet to meet a Siegfried player who uses stick IFB =/
Even though I play stick now, I still use Xbox pad for Siggy and stick for everyone else...

Back