New to Amy

Peeps.. one more question

When I get the chance to rush my opponent down, I usually have no trouble because Amy's a beast at close-range rushing. But when faced against a spacer Ivy, I was at a loss on what to do most times. What do you think it's the best strategy for Amy to close down to a spacing opponent? 8WR A+B is what I relied on the most, but it became too predictable soon so it'd be nice to have something decent to mix up with it.

Walk forward, then sidestep, then continue walking forward, possibly sidestep again. Pretty basic and everyone can do it.

Yeah... it's a pretty terrible idea to try to close a large gap with Amy while attacking (at least with a more long range character). The walking/sidestep approach Rigel suggested is safest. 8WR A+B telegraphs and is pretty easily sidestepped and punished.

Thanks Syxx! Gonna try that. Even if the 6BB are sure whiffs, the frame gain might help.

As for stepping, it's to no avail.
Most obviously it was what I tried to do nearly the whole time, isn't it? But every single mistake would mean getting rammed by some big horizontal and there I go back there again. Considering stepping was usually called the best aspect on my SC3 game [namely Sacharja said so], it's not as if I can't do it.
Sure, I am a SC4 noob because I don't own the game yet, but that's not the case with general knowledge as I had a good understanding and good results on SC3. So it kinda ticks me off to be treated as if I didn't even know the capabilities of stepping.

I don't think anyone meant to imply (at least I know I didn't) that you were ignorant of the sidestepping method... just that it was safer than attacking for the most part. Most of Amy's moves have terrible range.

That's exactly why I have trouble on this! I was mainly a Mina player on SC3 and it was me who did all the spacing (long live the 66AA_B mixup, if only she kept that on SC4). So now I get lost when it comes to avoiding spacing with such a short-range character.

And to me it's not really safer. When I try to approach harmlessly, I get hit back there. Nearly the whole time.

Any of Amy's moves with range are also pretty linear and therefore steppable. Better to be at a neutral advantage than at a disadvantage. But eh...

u can really trick people into thinking they have stepped something with the moves that go into 236

btw nothing wrong with running up and just B+K especially if you see a pattern... not to mention the following K will put them near the edge or wall in many sitations after the juggle

EDIT this is assuming you can do 6:6B, 6:6B or 6:6BA afterward

I don't usually have trouble with JFs but I haven't had many chances to practice them. As for the auto-GI, it's a nice idea indeed. But whenever I try I mistime them. I really need the damn game to get these things worked on.

As for 236 I wasn't aware it was so useful on the closing down. Thanks!

Back