Nightmare General Disucssion / Quench Your Thirst

@ZER0 @Nofacekill3r @Keev @DeathInMyEyes and anyone else with a good understanding of SC6 Nightmare.

Hey guys, so I'm working with a YouTube content creator called @Scallywag-93 to make beginner introductions guides for SC6 and one of the videos that's being worked on is a introduction profile of each character to hopefully get it out near or on release date.

When we get to the Nightmare part of the video I want to make sure the information that the video gives is as accurate as possible could I get your opinion of answers to these questions:

1. His stand out strengths?
2. His stand out weakness?
3. Any important stand out moves and why they are important?
4. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of execution?
5. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of gameplan and complexity?
6. Overall archtype / what kind of player the character will suit?

Thanks guys :)

@ZER0 @Nofacekill3r @Keev @DeathInMyEyes and anyone else with a good understanding of SC6 Nightmare.

Hey guys, so I'm working with a YouTube content creator called @Scallywag-93 to make beginner introductions guides for SC6 and one of the videos that's being worked on is a introduction profile of each character to hopefully get it out near or on release date.

When we get to the Nightmare part of the video I want to make sure the information that the video gives is as accurate as possible could I get your opinion of answers to these questions:

1. His stand out strengths?
2. His stand out weakness?
3. Any important stand out moves and why they are important?
4. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of execution?
5. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of gameplan and complexity?
6. Overall archtype / what kind of player the character will suit?

Thanks guys :)
1) high dmg, range, guard dmg, Terror charge

2) speed (kinda, still pretty fast for his type of character), up close game.

3)
:5:2B: for NLS frame traps and mixups,
:5:iagA/iabA: all important step killers but you can have more control with positioning your opponent with them.
:5:6A+B (6K, 6B, 6A) armour plus the ability to gain Terror Charge
:5:NTC KB, NTC WR K(B), NTC 6BBB: the first 2 because they drastically improve your block punishment capabilities, and NTC 6BBB because of the amazing range, guard dmg and the sheer dmg it deals overall (N.B. There are other moves I think should make this list, but imo these are probably the most important right now)
1539194894759.png
:5: grabs
4) Easy in terms of execution, his combos are straight forward and doesn't have very many JF's: iagA, iabA, NSS b:A. His longer combos at the wall may require some practice.

5) intermediate: while the gameplan is also relatively straight forward, your success will depend on how well you can manage Terror Charge. There are times where you will find yourself in certain scenarios where you will have lever your options, giving up the neutral/oki so that you can potentially whiff 6A+B. Sacrificing dmg so that you can keep NTC in stock or using NTC moves that can loop Terror Charge. or Cashing out NTC for the sheer dmg and finding another spot in the round to earn it back.

6) He will fit players to like play defensive and whiff punish to deal huge dmg from a distance, all the while harassing their opponents with his monstrous tools in short bursts. Patience is required!

Last edited:
I'm trying to get the hang of NM. Right now it seems like some characters can stuff all of his grim stride options making moves like 66B into GS just a liability. Yoshi 6K seems to be able to just beat all GS options for a chunk of damage. Am I just using the GS options incorrectly trying to pressure with it?

Thanks

I'm trying to get the hang of NM. Right now it seems like some characters can stuff all of his grim stride options making moves like 66B into GS just a liability. Yoshi 6K seems to be able to just beat all GS options for a chunk of damage. Am I just using the GS options incorrectly trying to pressure with it?

Thanks

Grim Stride pressure is fake news. use them only for combo extensions, or GS B for oki. NTC GS KK works too since it jails

I'm back.

Loving this nm quite a lot. Don't know if he's gonna be high tier but I do think he's better than ever

Grim Stride pressure is fake news. use them only for combo extensions, or GS B for oki. NTC GS KK works too since it jails

I disagree.

Being obvious constantly going into gs is fake pressure. But knowing when to go in and when to just do the move without going into the stance makes a big difference.

In short. You can get 2A or something similar to beat GS. However the same option most of the time can't punish you if you don't go into GS. When the move not going into GS is punishable.

There's also stance transitions. Like NSS into GS. The pressure is real. Just learn to be creative.

-LAU

Anybody did any research on armor moves and the properties.

So far seems like low beats it.

But I also know there's a damage threshold

-LAU

I disagree.

Being obvious constantly going into gs is fake pressure. But knowing when to go in and when to just do the move without going into the stance makes a big difference.

In short. You can get 2A or something similar to beat GS. However the same option most of the time can't punish you if you don't go into GS. When the move not going into GS is punishable.

There's also stance transitions. Like NSS into GS. The pressure is real. Just learn to be creative.

-LAU

the only time GS pressure becomes real is usually on oki aka GS B, empty GS into options, 1(A). other times it may come from 22Aa6 or 2(B). other than that you're not going to be rushing with GS to apply any sorts of pressure

Back