Nightmare's Top Ten Moves

I know this thread has been vacant for some time now. But I'm in NM mode right now & wanna list just for fun.

I'm posting two lists.
(Intentionally leaving out CE)

First, what I believe to be his best tools. Then my personal favorite moves.

List 1 - His Best Tools
1. AgA
2. GSB~6
3. 3B{Hold}
4. 44B{Hold}
5. NSS bA
6. NSS A+B
7. 2A+B
8. 4K BE, B
9. 1K
10. 3K

List 2 - My Fave Moves
1. 1A{Hold}, K - Definitely shows who's BOSS >:)
2. WRA - It's just so badass
3. FC3B - ^
4. 44K - It's fun to use this after Guard Break
5. 6A - I get more ROs & it's easier/ more consistent than AgA
6. 4A
7. NSS bA
8. NSS A+B
9. 2A+B
10. 4K BE, B

I know this thread has been vacant for some time now. But I'm in NM mode right now & wanna list just for fun.

I'm posting two lists.
(Intentionally leaving out CE)

First, what I believe to be his best tools. Then my personal favorite moves.

List 1 - His Best Tools
1. AgA
2. GSB~6
3. 3B{Hold}
4. 44B{Hold}
5. NSS bA
6. NSS A+B
7. 2A+B
8. 4K BE, B
9. 1K
10. 3K

List 2 - My Fave Moves
1. 1A{Hold}, K - Definitely shows who's BOSS >:)
2. WRA - It's just so badass
3. FC3B - ^
4. 44K - It's fun to use this after Guard Break
5. 6A - I get more ROs & it's easier/ more consistent than AgA
6. 4A
7. NSS bA
8. NSS A+B
9. 2A+B
10. 4K BE, B

the main problem I can see with this list is that most of the moves you've listed are more or less designed for combo use i.e NSS bA, NSS A+B and 2A+B, 4K BE:B is only used if you know the last hit will kill the opponent otherwise you give up the advantage you have via the KND and techtrap near the wall for a measly 9 extra dmg

agA is a good tool no doubt
44K after a guard break is senseless since you're giving up an easy 100+ dmg combo which can also RO or w!

6A is the exact same speed as agA except 6A is punishable on block and -ve on hit and agA is +1 on block and gives KND whether it's CH or not, not to mention that not only does it set up RO's but it sets up wallcombos pretty easily aswell

4A is a reactable high that has very specific uses...

what I would suggest:

1) 33B Cancel - this is now arguably NM's best move as it's a semi tracking, long-range, guard-wrecking, safe launcher, that gives you a combo/techtrap, sets up reverse RO's and reverse w!'s. it's a great getting-in tool as well used to contain your opponents movement and is fantastic for oki

2) agA/iagA - NM's 2nd best move, an i15/i16 long-range stepkiller, that's +1 on block, causes a KND and also RO's aswell as to the right, and just as easily sets up wallcombos. not to mention in can be combo'd into from moves such as GS B, 66B and 33B if you're fast enough.
iagA is 1-frame slower however, it has slightly longer range, does 10 more dmg, however it can break guard where as regular agA can not...iagA isn't all that important to learn tho...what matters is if you can agA consistently

3) 3(B) - while you do have safe launchers at your disposal, 3(B) is your go-to launcher for whiff punishment, dealing hefty dmg when comboing into NSS b:A as well having the option to combo into GS K BE for RO's or w!'s

4) 3K/1K/9K - these 3 moves are as important as each other, for the kind of playstyle NM employs, these 3 pokes are very important, for mixups, 1K being great for oki, interrupts, gauging reactions and baiting out whiffs when used in conjunction with NM's superior step. 9K is great for reading lows due to it's TJ, tracking, and CH KND...which also sets up RO's and w!'s

5) Throws - while NM's throws do the least dmg in the game as far as throws go, they have the longest range, not to mention they can set up for RO's and w!, these attempts tend to get telegraphed based on your position in the ring, you can use this knowledge to your advantage and work in some mixups

6) 66B - while slow, it is a safe launcher that's best used for Oki as it is +2 on block putting you in position to either work in frame traps or control space i.e stepping to bait any retaliation and punishing with your launchers, should they not do anything then you're safe regardless as backstepping gets you away from your opponent allowing you to work your spacing game.

7) 22_88A - while it doesn't quite have the range agA does, it is mid-hitting stepkiller that hurts the guard guage. the first hit is completely safe at -8 while the second is punishable, it is a NCC that RO's to NM's left and gives you a w!, being able to combo into 2A+B should you be near a wall
, you can cancel the 2nd hit into GS and work in some "pseudo-mixups" with GS B being safe and further dmging the guard gauge, or using your FC Throws...

8) GS B/44B - both of these are safe launchers are best used on oki for catching left and right tech rolls aswell as being -10 and -8 on block respectively not to mention they both hurt the guard gauge should they land you can score GS B ~ agA or 44B ~ 2A+B

9) 6K - NM's go-to move for block punishment as it's i14, can be used as a get-off-me tool. on CH it KND's and grants you 1A -combos/ tech traps

10) CE - the fear factor is what makes this move strong...the threat of the CE is better than the move itself, forcing the opponent to think more cautiously and allowing you to move about more freely in situations you wouldn't normally be able to...however you have to be willing to take the risk when using this move in order to get the most out of it

Last edited:
After revisiting this thread for the first time in a while, I’m surprised Jump K got so little love.

Back