[North Carolina] Let's make a scene

Blake used Maxi? I would always had expected him to use Sieg or Nightmare.

plz add to list

7thFonon - random : eastern/central NC - Talim, Xianghua, Natsu, Talim (future)

I've included experience for those characters beside their names in parenthesis. What's your experience w/ Talim (from what game to what game) and Xianghua?

Just like my tea.
And by tea you mean...? O_o

I've included experience for those characters beside their names in parenthesis. What's your experience w/ Talim (from what game to what game) and Xianghua?

I don't really have much experience on any of the SC's. I just use Talim and stuff happens.

I did play SC4 Xianghua a bit though....

Yeah guys we need to get together and play some. I really wanna get good with Setsuka on SC4 while I can.

SC4 isn't going to help prepare you for SC5. Daishi expressed that SC5 was going to be more like SC2. SC3 and SC4 are very linear which made Setsuka's fighting style (as she may not even be in SC5) viable.

But we'll get together for games soon.

That's why I said get good with her while I can. I enjoy using her and would like to get good with her before SC5. I hope she is in the new one with a similar fighting style. Anyway let me know.

Ceron old buddy, sup witcha man? Yes please take care of this guy D4rksch1sm here. The bulk of his experience has been online and as such he doesn't know what truly works online and offline and pretty much considers any slow low as 'lag tactics' even though those slow lows can and will work offline sometimes. Smeesh you still playing Astaroth over there? Ceron you still 'x-flow'? Longshot = Sophie still? I still remember my trip out there back in 2007 when I stayed in your tight ass crib and had that tough ass tourney full of nothing but killers for SC3. I miss those days.

Actually this info is off. I don't consider Nm's charged 1A lag nor do I charged 1A with mitsu or Asto. Online those are reactable along with many more of that type.

Ceron old buddy, sup witcha man? Yes please take care of this guy D4rksch1sm here. The bulk of his experience has been online and as such he doesn't know what truly works online and offline and pretty much considers any slow low as 'lag tactics' even though those slow lows can and will work offline sometimes. Smeesh you still playing Astaroth over there? Ceron you still 'x-flow'? Longshot = Sophie still? I still remember my trip out there back in 2007 when I stayed in your tight ass crib and had that tough ass tourney full of nothing but killers for SC3. I miss those days.

Hey man, yeah still playing Asta over here. Didn't really play him in 4 though as I just didn't like the flow and style of him and I picked up lizardman instead. But I always give Asta a go when a new one comes out and I'm sure I will again!

Those were fun times most def! :)

I haven't met him yet, but we'll see what we can do for a strong community in NC. Online hurts more than it can help and I recommend not playing online at all if you don't have consistent offline competition, D4rksch1sm.

NC pretty much skipped out on SC4 for several reasons. I'm still goin' w/ X-flow (providing Leixia is on point).

Hope to see you around the country, KrayzieCD!

But that's the same as don't play at all. How would I ever get anywhere not playing? I still study the frames and pratice playing correctly, just I only have online people to play with. But when nc kicks up I'll be much happier.

Playing SC4 will help with familiarity with the system (which you prolly already are), and strengthening your fundamentals of the game. Everything else, like frame data, is probably going to change.

As for a meet-up..... There is a tournament going on August 13th in Durham (though not for SC4.)... I'll be there for Arcana 3 and Tekkens. But if anyone brings SC4 with them, I'll play some matches with you. For people who are unfamiliar with the place, it is connected to North Gate Mall.

Gamefrog Cafe
1058 W Club Blvd suite 832
Durham, NC 27701

Me and Smeesh are getting together here in Wilmington to play on Friday. I only post it because it's an open invitation to anyone that can make it. It's nothing big. Just us getting together. Maybe it can turn into something else?

Glad to see people posting, I'm probably gonna be ghost till 2 weeks prior to SC5 coming out.

Not yet, though I'm hoping that changes in a few weeks. Ceron may be able to make it out to Raleigh after that time, and I'm going to check into a possible meeting place for Saturdays.

After I get blasted today by Doug I'm definitely back on the stage of history. Also, why does SC4 seem extremely Canadian?

Doug - let's get some games in soon. You still live in Raleigh? I'd be fine coming out there. That said, I must be honest w/ you...I still don't have a ps3...lol. So yeah....if we play, probably your place.

Back