[North Carolina] Let's make a scene

What is your schedule like nowadays? I just remember you preferring Sundays.

Basically right now I am off Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. I don't mind having people over any of those days or all of them but I do understand that those days suck for most people due to having work the following day.

After January I will be moving to a Monday through Friday Schedule however I'll still be second shift so that would leave Fridays out.

If at all possible I would like to confirm the date of Dec. 10th with everyone and place (Winston or Raleigh). Then we can start on RSVP's so we know who will be coming. Just want to start finalizing things so we are ready. Also if anyone can contact others that are not watching this thread and relay the information so others can join.

I think someone has to volunteer or find a place to get together first. Winston-Salem or Raleigh. I'd volunteer for Wilmington, but that's out of the way for a lot of people in west NC.

But once again, I'll be in Winston during Turkey Day weekend starting on the Wednesday before. So if anyone wants to get any games in holla @ me. I'll be traveling with my PS3/PS2 and SC4/SC2!

I think someone has to volunteer or find a place to get together first. Winston-Salem or Raleigh. I'd volunteer for Wilmington, but that's out of the way for a lot of people in west NC.

But once again, I'll be in Winston during Turkey Day weekend starting on the Wednesday before. So if anyone wants to get any games in holla @ me. I'll be traveling with my PS3/PS2 and SC4/SC2!

We can try to set something up for Wilmington down the road a bit when you come back after the holidays.

Hey, how long are you going to be here? We may be able to play if you are still here.

My trip was sabotaged. I couldn't make it. Spent Thanksgiving in a cold dark room w/ football as my entertainment.

How lame and why was the room cold and dark? Also still waiting on more replies/confirmations for our get together in December.

Natsu is starting to look REALLY strong in the most recent stream archive I watched. The new cancels seem to make her pressure REALLY safe. Also looks like if Hilde or Tira gets a CH and has bar, GGPO
P.S. I REALLY like spelling REALLY with all caps

Natsu is starting to look REALLY strong in the most recent stream archive I watched. The new cancels seem to make her pressure REALLY safe. Also looks like if Hilde or Tira gets a CH and has bar, GGPO
P.S. I REALLY like spelling REALLY with all caps
You mean cancels like Taki had in SC2? That's nothing new bro. That's the Taki (now Natsu) we know, love and fear. :)

-Does Ivy have whips stance? In a stream archive match where she perfected Nightmare it looked like she switched right before doing a 2A
-Are Natsu's (aka Taki) ABK, BAK's really gone?
-Does Natsu 2K have advantage on hit?
-Is Tira's 1A still safe?
-Can Sig run in 3B stance like in SC2 or is it a static stance likes it's been since SC3?
-Does Xiba play ANYTHING like Kilik?
-Is Cerv's iGDR the same or is it a Brave Edge move?
-If Ivy or Ast does their Critical Edge can you duck it after black screen?
-Does Nightmare's counter Critical Edge track? also is it unblockable?

That's asking a lot for character specifics. I expect Doug will be trying out Pyrrha. There probably won't be enough SC5 setups and everybody (including spectators) will be standing in line for a turn.

I just want to know about system mechanics.
1. Smooth controls like SC1-2 or tight like in SC4?
2. What's the buffer window feel like this time?
3. Do you feel like you're playing a 2D game or finally a sequel to SC2?
4. Do auto-tech moves feel like true auto-tech moves?*
5. Can I borrow Azumanga Daioh?

*Note: In SC4 a lot of tech moves, such as tech crouch, only began the actual crouching frames late. Such as FC 2A, for a lot of characters, tech crouch started on frame 9 which was silly because you were already crouching to begin w/. This also occurred a lot w/ tech step and tech jump. While this helped characters that had fast standard AA moves (i10-i13), I felt it made the game more anticipation/guessing than reacting. This made the game very boring w/ no surprises.

Justin is also going to NEC, so shoot him some questions too, people.

Thanks for getting info for us, Doug!

Alright, I'll see what I can do about all that. Will's right, Pyrrha will be a focus for me, and there almost certainly won't be enough setups that I can take my time. But I'll get as many of those questions answered as I can, and I'll ask the other guys to help.

5. Can I borrow Azumanga Daioh?
Yes, but you have to stop by my place to pick it up. :P

A couple of those questions can be answered just from observation, I have to work all weekend so I wont be able to watch it if they stream SC5. With only 1, technically, 2 months till release, I'm hoping you get to play a (near) final build.

True, some of the things I can just observe and ask about. Trying things myself will let me give more detailed answers, though, and I'm all about some details. And yeah, I really hope it's a close-to-final build as well.

Back