Nostalgia! Emulating older SC games & netplay discussion

Kilik

[08] Mercenary
So I was just wondering that I might be doing people a favour like this; basically if anyone is interested i playing Soul Blade/Edge via their PC etc. Though the setup isn't reall illegal, I would like permission from higher powers of this board if I may explain how: Incudes what emulator, bios, setp of emulator (video, sound andgood gameplay) and where to get the roms from. Thank you, I await the verdict. Of course this only goes for people who know not of this, their SB isn't really smooth, need help or have no idea of this option. Samsara!

Now this is bold to show.

I still have Soul Blade on PSX, and since my PS2 is still alive and kicking, I can continue to play it.

I believe there are some netplay plugins for ePSXe, but I might be wrong. Now, MAME does support netplay for sure, but there it doesn't emulate SE as good unless you have a very powerful computer. There's an emulator called Zinc that emulates System11 at full speed and has special texture and vertex filters, but I know it doesn't have any online features.

So for now if you want to play online you're gonna have to try MAME. I've never done it, so I can't say anything about the lag. The only emulators I've played online are ZSNES and Kega Fusion, so if you want to play that crappy ass Soul Edge pirate game for the Sega Genesis hit me up lol.

By the way, I believe it is forbidden to talk about game emulation in these boards, so if many of you are interested I could just create a PM thread and invite you all.

Some bios are illegal to distribute, the rest is fine. (Just pretend you own the original disc though.)

I've tried ZSNES. I will explain the setup soon. I've tried others and epsexe seems quite good to me. Of course Norik, yours might just be better.

By the way, I believe it is forbidden to talk about game emulation in these boards, so if many of you are interested I could just create a PM thread and invite you all.
Heaton says it's okay, as long as we don't start talking about where to download roms or isos, we can talk about it here. Ripping an iso from a disc you have already is super easy and legal, and probably all of us still have our SE disc tucked away in a box somewhere.

I wouldn't mind playing some people in SE online. :D

Aye, I just need to figure how to use this online. Anyway, I'll expain how etc. soon guys. Thanks for your patience.

Okay, I've been reading tutorials on the emulators in general and netplay specifically. It seems ePSXe can be set up pretty reliably with something called Kaillera, but the PCSX2 netplay is kinda buggy from what I've read so far.

I guess someone has a distro of PCSX2 with netplay already included here: https://github.com/alexsharoff/pcsx2-online

It's a place to start. Why don't we give it a try. I'll have to look for my SC2 disc though. Pretty sure it's packed in a box with other games. I actually think I sold my SC3 disc when SC4 came out. :( I'll have to rebuy it somewhere.

I'll spend this weekend downloading and trying to set up the PCSX2 with netplay. (Though my son's first birthday party is tomorrow). Can one of you do the same so we can try it out?

LOLnetbook. I think we can pretty much rule out using a netbook for this. IDK, but I bet even ePSXe would strain my netbook. No, we'll all have to use whatever our most powerful computer is.

Ummm... I buy soulcaliburs games only for emulated, look this tests:
----> nullDC
---> Dolphin
This two and soul blade (psxfin 1.3 more stable than epsx1.7) are playabled in 1080p, but soul calibur III don't emulated very well, maybe for the fucking bad "architecture" of PS2 , who knows...

PCSX2 emulation of SC2/SC3 is really bad in general, especially the latter one. The games are barely playable. I've tried this before and I was getting 35-45fps in the lowest settings, where as my FFX runs in 160-170fps in 1080p @ 4xAA.

Ummm... I buy soulcaliburs games only for emulated, look this tests:
----> nullDC
---> Dolphin
This two and soul blade (psxfin 1.3 more stable than epsx1.7) are playabled in 1080p, but soul calibur III don't emulated very well, maybe for the fucking bad "architecture" of PS2 , who knows...
Just seeing these videos bring back memories.

Back