Oh Yeah? - OUYA !

Interested?

• ya

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • nah

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
The Future.

Yeah right. It'll get pirated into oblivion.

I think it's kind of pretentious that these people think you need a separate console for indie games when anyone can develop for PC and there's already one of those in most homes. Sounds to me like these guys just wanna throw the same party steam's been throwing only this time they're the ones selling the drinks.

I dunno how to feel about the venture. Relying on the kindness of strangers (hey we made a hackable console please don't pirate/cheat on it) is so naive a gesture I can't help but feel a little sympathetic. And yet they're trying to use kick starter to launch a large corporation, the chief beneficiaries of which, will be themselves. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

You need an option that's neither yes nor no.

Imagine that if there is something wrong with something it can be instantly patched and fixxed... instead of having to deal with thousands of dollars like with sony or microsoft.

Steam and Wii U already allow developers to patch and fix their games for no charge as often as they like or need to. Its Sony and MS who refuse to get on that train.

The next gen consoles...will most likely be out by this time next year. Sony and MS are the juggernauts of the console realm. I really don't see this thing disrupting things...hell, I see the Wii U doing more disruptive work with exclusives it'll pocket off developers who can't get funding (see: Bayonetta 2). Not to mention, Valve has become increasingly interested in the console market themselves and if this rumored......"Steambox" does become real, that'll bring the PC exclusives to peoples living rooms (not to mention you can already do this with their recently launched "Big Picture" mode)

So. The Ouya's big selling points is that its cheap, easily moddable, and focuses on Free models with paying for content...Thats a nice idea. Being inexpensive is a great thing. Easy to mod does open up a lot of great potiential...but why would I want to play online MP on it? If its so easy to mod, hacks and shit will probably run rampant throughout those games. And the Free games model is nice, but...that seems to be becoming the norm of PC...if Valve can bring that to living rooms...then whats the Ouya's point? O_o?

Next gen will be interesting if all this happens for sure.

Ghengis, by you trying to say I am on some sort of sugar rush, or what ever you were trying to do, you didn't counter point at all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid

The first tip that you're a fanatic is that you automatically assume anyone who's opinion differs from yours must be uninformed, because naturally anyone who was informed would think the way you do. Much as I want to have a rational discussion, I have to think somehow from the fact you're using caps locked words, foaming on at the mouth about freedom and telling me to go live in Africa, that's not going to happen. This is not just a piece of consumer hardware to you, this is your messiah. I don't really see any point in trying to reason with you as long as we're discussing two different things. I see a box full of chips and wires and you see OH MY GOD!!! THE SALVATION OF THE HUMAN RACE!

Hyperbole, yeah, but the point is you clearly are a fan already and you seem openly hostile to any criticism. In the interest of not getting into a flame war with a fanatic I don't want to even try reasoning with you. Especially since I don't really feel like derailing your hype train. "counterpoint?" I'm not actively against it, my opinions are just mixed. You buy your ouya and you have fun with it. I'll pass.

They frankly need $50 million or so to actually be able to develop, manufacture, and sell this. I'll take the Ouya seriously when the project managers have that kind of capital and show some signs of proper management.

Back