Online leavers : something needs to be addressed

Rank is where I go when Closseo has "Network Errors". Maybe the patch will fix that. But I get bored with all the chatty Cathy's in Colosseo too so I go into the Random Matches there. Awe hell, I just bounce around a lot.
You know when you get that "Network error" all you have to do is restart your system and then it's fixed.

Or the problem could also be that when you're trying to join a Colosseo room that's at like 95% and you get that "Network Error". That just means that the room filled up just before you joined.

You know when you get that "Network error" all you have to do is restart your system and then it's fixed.

Or the problem could also be that when you're trying to join a Colosseo room that's at like 95% and you get that "Network Error". That just means that the room filled up just before you joined.
It says when the GC is full. Specifically, I've tried to enter a GC when it said 95% and gotten the message "Lobby full" then sent back to the Live menu. Then went back to the GC lobby and sure enough it was 100%. And what does rebooting the whole system do that signing off and back on to XBL doesn't?

One thing that pisses me off is how many people automatically back out of a match with me as soon as they see my rank, especially when I'm trying to work on a character I don't use. Honestly, the best online ranking system I've seen so far was Tekken 6, which had a separate rank for each and every character in the game, so I could be a Vanquisher (an upper-mid level rank) with Julia, but a Beginner with say, Lei, which is entirely true because no matter how much experience you have with one character, trying to play a completely different one can be extremely difficult.

And SC5's system annoys me in particular, because A1 is so easy to achieve that there's really no distinction. I just hit 5000/5000 A1 yesterday, which put me on the same level as over 200 people, even more if I only had a few less points. And I have fought some remarkably terrible A1's. So ultimately, as it stands now, the ranking system both under and over estimates a player's skill, which defeats the entire point of having a ranking system at all. Ugh. #rant

Going back to the topic of addressing "online leavers"....

It's good that there's a punishment for ragequitting. But I don't think it's strict enough. If someone ragequits, not only should they lose points and be given a loss, but perhaps one of their wins should be taken away as well. And a win should still be given to the other player. All of this combined would make it WORSE and pretty much pointless to ragequit.

HOWEVER, there's another problem with SCV online: The exploitable auto-drop-because-of-lag system. See, it's cool that SCV automatically drops the match at no punishment to either player if the lag gets too bad. HOWEVER, people exploit this to ragequit without punishment by using the internet on their computer to lag up a game once they realize they're going to lose anyway. So the solution to this problem would be to make it to where the game does NOT AUTOMATICALLY drop when lag is bad. But rather, the game should freeze until the lag clears, with a prompt that says "PRESS [whatever] BUTTON TO VOTE TO LEAVE". BOTH players must agree to leave for the match to end without punishment. This way, if the lag is legitimate, then both players can agree to leave or just wait it out. If the lag is staged by a would-be quitter, then the other player can choose to stick around until the lagger gives up. Though if there's a way that SCV could detect who's causing the lag, then this all would be unnecessary and instead the game could just treat the lagger as a rage-quitter and punish as described above.

Back