Online Tournaments

@RedJin - I should make it known, I don't have a PS3 ATM. My PSN name is still active, but I just don't have the system, waiting for PS4. :P
So if you could put me on the Live list, that'd be less confusing for everyone else!
Thanks! <3

Double post: I'm not opposed to making one of the "special tournament" stipulations "Non standard CaS" only just for shits and giggles, though.

I was thinking about running weekly tournaments on PSN- but I have caveats.

1) You must have a STABLE 4 or 5 bars with me (the host). I have a dedicated internet connection JUST for my online gaming and other internet activities. This will make them semi-regional, but of higher quality.

2) These tournaments would be part of a bigger "League". Complete with a real ranking system and points- not this shitty ranking system they give us. Some format changes week to week to keep things fresh are also on the table- One week it might be standard double elim, the next week it might be character lock, the next week it might be another

3) Matches must be supervised by a judge (most likely me as the host, but if this expands, others too), so in the case of random disconnects that are nobodies fault, the conditions can be reset to the nearest round to finish out the game. Als because sometimes you need someone to adjudicate. In the interest of fairness, I won't play unless I have other judges to monitor me.

4) Brackets will be posted the day before the tournament, online.

5) You must be willing to save your replays of the matches. I am going to keep an archive of the match videos, and dedicate a channel to these.

7) Performance in previous tournaments will affect seeding in the next one.

8) If this gets big enough, I am willing to give this a go as a small scale operation with actual rewards or payouts.
I have plenty of experience running tournaments and the payout models for online are also not foreign to me either. That is future-thinking though.

Interested? Like this post or PM me. If I get enough interest, I'll open a thread and begin this in earnest.

This is a good Idea Idle, I just wouldnt have the time to run a league or something this in sync... Our tourneys weve ran like this before are basicly just an every now and then thing usually just for fun... but I will support your idea as well... so count me in...

Though my original post still stands... trust me this is fun once you get into it... and the live stream will automaticly archive your videos and there will be plenty of judges on hand watching the stream to see what went wrong... Connections do matter but as long as your in North America you should be ok... if not then we will handle that issue when it arises for my tournaments.

Thats why im doing 4 nights of 8 so everyone can get stream time and have their matches recorded... but def let me know if you get serious about that Idle... Id compete and judge or whatever else you need as long as I have time available.

Yeah after I do a cursory interest check, I'll see where I'm at. I just don't have it in me to halfass anything. 4-5 bar online is pretty legit, and I'm surprised nobody has given this a go yet, but I figure fuck it. I love organizing, so I will do it.

Sorry for threadjacking your thread with this though! Not my intention.

Yeah after I do a cursory interest check, I'll see where I'm at. I just don't have it in me to halfass anything. 4-5 bar online is pretty legit, and I'm surprised nobody has given this a go yet, but I figure fuck it. I love organizing, so I will do it.

Sorry for threadjacking your thread with this though! Not my intention.

Nah this thread can serve exactly that purpose... People can announce their online tournaments or promote others if they like... thats why its called "Online Tournaments" its all good.

and hey I aint half assing... lol

Nah this thread can serve exactly that purpose... People can announce their online tournaments or promote others if they like... thats why its called "Online Tournaments" its all good.

and hey I aint half assing... lol

lol I'm just saying I make projects out of everything. I have a real complex about that.

Damn Omega up in this bitch? Shit put me down for second place then!!

HRD
Lol, thanks man but remember in a tourney anything can happen, do you play on ps3 if its ps3 Add me so we can play when you can my psn is omegadr, the viceeee.

Reactions: HRD
Lol, thanks man but remember in a tourney anything can happen, do you play on ps3 if its ps3 Add me so we can play when you can my psn is omegadr, the viceeee.

Will do boss. Im in california and I know your...well.....far away....LOL. But Im in it just for the fun. Would be an honor to play you!!

Thats enough kiss-ass stuff for the day.

Ima whoop all you scrubs!! Thats better!!

HRD

Back