Original CaS characters, featuring appearances by Final Fantasy XI jobs!

TheNatrix

[08] Mercenary
Hello, 8WR! Short time lurker, first time poster.
Me and my girlfriend have made some characters here and there, including a few FFXI classes in their specific gear. Some of the FFXI jobs were particularly hard, but we tried our best. First up is original characters:

Athene, a general in the army of Woflkrone:
SOULCALIBUR_22.png

Athene2.png

Athene (2p):
SOULCALIBUR_12.png

SOULCALIBUR_11.png

Athene β (Malfested):
SOULCALIBUR_7.png

SOULCALIBUR_6.png

Renn, a thief:
SOULCALIBUR_34.png

SOULCALIBUR_35.png

Renn (2p):
SOULCALIBUR_17.png

SOULCALIBUR_15.png

Renn β (Malfested):
SOULCALIBUR_4.png

SOULCALIBUR_5.png

Mei Li:
SOULCALIBUR_24.png

SOULCALIBUR_25.png

Mei Li (2p):
SOULCALIBUR_13.png

SOULCALIBUR_14.png

Mei Li β (Malfested):
SOULCALIBUR_2.png

SOULCALIBUR_1.png

Ray, Renns' brother:
SOULCALIBUR_33.png

SOULCALIBUR_32.png

Many more coming in seperate posts, including FFXI jobs!

More!
Selene, an evil witch:
SOULCALIBUR_28.png

SOULCALIBUR_26.png

Selene (2p):
SOULCALIBUR2.png

SOULCALIBUR_12-1.png

Ayame:
SOULCALIBUR_31.png

SOULCALIBUR_29.png

Ayame (2p):
SOULCALIBUR_10.png

SOULCALIBUR_9.png

And now, Clint, who is a.... I don't even know.
Be warned all ye who enter.
Seriously, get out while you still can.
SOULCALIBUR_48.png

SOULCALIBUR_49.png

He sure is fun to watch, I tell ya.

And now, some attemps at making characters based off jobs we play on Final Fantasy XI Online. Again, these were hard and liberties were taken!

Warrior (AF3 Ravager's):
FFXIWarrior.png

SOULCALIBUR_42.png

(The Warrior job has an A+ rating in Great Axe, so Astaroth was used! Technically they can equip all weapons in-game, so other characters would also suffice.)

Red Mage (AF3 Estoqueur's Set):
FFXIRedMage-1.png

SOULCALIBUR_36.png

(Technically Red Mages use staff most often, but their intended weapons are sword and shield!)

Dancer (AF1 Dancer's set):
FFXIDancer2.png

SOULCALIBUR_46.png

(While they use daggers in game, Leixias style does style suits the job more!)

Corsair (AF3 Navarch's Set):
FFXICorsair.png

SOULCALIBUR_44.png

(Apologies for the bad reference picture, but not many people level Corsair. In game, Corsairs use guns, so Cervantes is very fitting!)

Thief (AF3 Raider's set):
FFXIThief.png

SOULCALIBUR_38.png

(Thieves use dual daggers, and so Natsu with Hunting Knife weapons seemed fitting!)

A few more to go!

Last but not least,

Dragoon (AF3 Lancer's Set):
FFXIDragoon.png

SOULCALIBUR_41.png

(Too bad Seung Mina is gone, but thank goodness Xiba has polearm-type weapons, as Dragoons use polearms to fight!)

FFXI players will note that there are 6 jobs posted and 14 jobs missing, but we only took the time to create jobs we play in-game so far! Some others are quite easy to make, and people who play FFXI currently will know where to find other ones that have been created!

Please let us know of any suggestions for originals or FFXI Create a Souls, we are very open to them! =)

Simple and clean. I like Athene 2p and the red mage. Clint belongs on that "Intentionally Distracting CaS's" thread.

Really digging the FFXI recreations, even though I don't much care for the game. The Red Mage looks particularly good. Of your originals, I actually like Ray, the one guy. His is just a really fun, dynamic, flamboyante look.

Really digging the FFXI recreations, even though I don't much care for the game. The Red Mage looks particularly good. Of your originals, I actually like Ray, the one guy. His is just a really fun, dynamic, flamboyante look.
Funny, we spent the least time on Ray! Male characters are much harder to make look good, in my opinion. But thank you!

Simple and clean. I like Athene 2p and the red mage. Clint belongs on that "Intentionally Distracting CaS's" thread.
Thank you as well! I took your advice and put Clint in the distracting thread.

After some careful collaboration, we came up with a model for Prishe, based on the FFXI model. I'm sure it would work for Dissidia Prishe as well!

SOULCALIBUR_5-1.png

SOULCALIBUR_7-1.png

SOULCALIBUR_6-1.png

If you don't know who Prishe is:
cop_prishe1.png

Hello, 8WR! Short time lurker, first time poster.
Me and my girlfriend have made some characters here and there, including a few FFXI classes in their specific gear. Some of the FFXI jobs were particularly hard, but we tried our best. First up is original characters:

Athene, a general in the army of Woflkrone:
SOULCALIBUR_22.png

Athene2.png

Athene (2p):
SOULCALIBUR_12.png

SOULCALIBUR_11.png

Athene β (Malfested):
SOULCALIBUR_7.png

SOULCALIBUR_6.png

Renn, a thief:
SOULCALIBUR_34.png

SOULCALIBUR_35.png

Renn (2p):
SOULCALIBUR_17.png

SOULCALIBUR_15.png

Renn β (Malfested):
SOULCALIBUR_4.png

SOULCALIBUR_5.png

Mei Li:
SOULCALIBUR_24.png

SOULCALIBUR_25.png

Mei Li (2p):
SOULCALIBUR_13.png

SOULCALIBUR_14.png

Mei Li β (Malfested):
SOULCALIBUR_2.png

SOULCALIBUR_1.png

Ray, Renns' brother:
SOULCALIBUR_33.png

SOULCALIBUR_32.png

Many more coming in seperate posts, including FFXI jobs!

Y U MAKE ALL DA GURLS MALFESTED!

Y U MAKE ALL DA GURLS MALFESTED!
If Pyrrha can do it, so can we! Also, it is certainly quite interesting to watch Athene and Athene β go after each other.

Your creations are quite impressive. Keep it up! ^_^
Thank you very much! So far, CaS is a blast. We somehow managed to convince at least 6 of our friends to pick up SCV after each of them tried playing (Once!), and we've all been going CaS-crazy ever since!

Although the malfestation for each character is a bit much, I like your creations. Athene is quite nice, as well as Renn and Ray.

nice job on the ffxi armors...notice a few mithra in there hehe aweseom prishe too

BUT! with the dragoon armor you could probably match that up really well to the drachen, or any of the others, if you played around with the accessories and stickers... like the bat wings accessory on knees and on the temples. Experiment with some of the, well i call them european patterns but, the page 2 types and play with the sizes, rotations, and colors for the under armors.

lol...you kind of inspired me to try making Empyrean/Relic SAM and Relic BLU CaS (my two favorite jobs) =D

Good work on the FF11 characters. I guess Hilde's style would be all right for Dragoon as well, even if they don't really use swords. I think the attack animations would fit better than Xiba's.

Xiba would probably work better for a Monk-type character, considering FFXI monks are half-good with staves.

If Pyrrha can do it, so can we! Also, it is certainly quite interesting to watch Athene and Athene β go after each other.

Thank you very much! So far, CaS is a blast. We somehow managed to convince at least 6 of our friends to pick up SCV after each of them tried playing (Once!), and we've all been going CaS-crazy ever since!

Hey, that's good to hear! I've been having fun with CaS alongside my nephews, too! ^_^

Although the malfestation for each character is a bit much, I like your creations. Athene is quite nice, as well as Renn and Ray.

Thanks! We mostly just made the malfested characters for fun, and out of boredom. The 1p and 2p versions are definitely our favourites.

nice job on the ffxi armors...notice a few mithra in there hehe aweseom prishe too

BUT! with the dragoon armor you could probably match that up really well to the drachen, or any of the others, if you played around with the accessories and stickers... like the bat wings accessory on knees and on the temples. Experiment with some of the, well i call them european patterns but, the page 2 types and play with the sizes, rotations, and colors for the under armors.

lol...you kind of inspired me to try making Empyrean/Relic SAM and Relic BLU CaS (my two favorite jobs) =D

Thank you! The dragoon was definitely very finicky, it took us the longest of the jobs! We only made the jobs we had in-game, and based them off our in-game avatars, hence some mithra and some elvaan! If you do end up making SAM and BLU though, we'd love to see.

Good work on the FF11 characters. I guess Hilde's style would be all right for Dragoon as well, even if they don't really use swords. I think the attack animations would fit better than Xiba's.

Xiba would probably work better for a Monk-type character, considering FFXI monks are half-good with staves.

Thank you as well! We discussed using Hilde for DRG, but settled on a single polearm partly because we are much, much better with Xiba than Hilde.
And it's true, Xiba could also work for Monk as well, and MNK nowadays without capped staff (and club) is useless after all!

Hey, that's good to hear! I've been having fun with CaS alongside my nephews, too! ^_^

Actually, we all had a SCV get together recently, and proceeded to make "steampunk" versions of ourselves just because, and then fight each other. It was a pretty intense evening, to say the least!

@ TheNatrix:

Wow, that sounded like fun! It's like what I've mentioned in my signature:

"In the race to become better or best, don't forget to enjoy the journey!"

I mean, what's the point in competing every single day if you guys aren't having any fun at all. That's the whole point of the game, no? And besides, it's when you're having the most fun that inspiration sometimes comes to you - especially in the middle of a battle, that is!

Do forgive me if that sounded a bit philosophical, but that's exactly how I see it. Make sure you don't lose that feeling when your playing for pure fun! It'll make you feel better about life. ^_^

Back
Top Bottom