Originality

I don't completely agree. I make CaS characters that I get a lot of comments on but they would look different standing next to a SC character.

...and i've no problem with it, i just pray hard Namco to give me online "only standard characters" option, so i can play SC with the "pro" chara design that is supposed to have, and other people can play fantasy/ anime/ fanfiction/ halloween/ marvel/ pinkafrotroll exactly like in SC4 online. Just not in matches hosted by me or somebody that prefer play SC

All are happy in that way, is a win-win if you think :D

...and i've no problem with it, i just pray hard Namco to give me online "only standard characters" option, so i can play SC with the "pro" chara design that is supposed to have, and other people can play fantasy/ anime/ fanfiction/ halloween/ marvel/ pinkafrotroll exactly like in SC4 online. Just not in matches hosted by me or somebody that prefer play SC

All are happy in that way, is a win-win if you think :D
oh yeah. I understand that. It wouldn't be too hard to do that either. it's just a matter of removing the CaS slot. but time to go back on topic.

Dogmatic wall of text ramble.....

Nowadays, I make sure to squeeze my brain to think of something new out of a simple fetish. Even though I've made something like Gigolo Yun, I managed to upgrade it because I happened to know how to make it fun yet stylish for that certain fashion. Plus, it's fun to mock someone you like as a character =p.

j-jpg.6394
<<<<Before
26-jpg.6978
<<<<<<<<After

Bottom line is get an inspiration from a character and build your own from it. I mean, I made Mi-sun Yi because I wanted a nice young korean with an attitude similar to Seong Mi-na. But I made changes along the line. The SC4 CAS is rather solid, but lacking in some or more ways than one. If they take SCIII, SCIV, and SCBD CAS and mesh it together with new features from SCV CAS, I would make more originals.

The problem with me doing male originals is they're so bland imho. I can only find 2-3 good young faces and the rest I kinda dismiss as something else for old busted but still awesome. The females are a tad bit better only because it "feels" easy to dress them. However, there are times that they're bland too. Regular characters are generally the easiest because I can just send them on the fashion runway of funnies or grace(man grace for males lol). When I do originals I want him/her to be "different". SCIII had all those wacky yet fun classes to at least make your CAS "feel" different. Like the tamborines, stick that grows, grieve edges, etc.

Kinda the reason why I prefer using the regulars of SCIV(Like Yoshi and Mi-na for instance). They help make me "cookie cut" to form an idea for my own originals. Another thing that helps me is the online people. Thanks to seeing countless black and red with that poor over abused Nightmare helmet for instance, I've grown weary seeing certain stuff. However if it benefits the character or so, then I won't mind it. Yet it helps me eliminate which items to stay away from. The Nightmare helm is on the top of the list merely because it doesn't help me make anything useful except the "OMG awesome typical knight of meh."

As for my originals:
The only character I won't mess with atm is Arnora.

Rei will get a new look to graduate her from the typical look she has now.

Mi-sun will get a makeover because she has to be more into the korean/chinese/ming ish.
The black and red scheme she had on looked nice, but somehow I feel I could do better and felt it wasn't enough.

Liang and Deming might get makeovers though.....surprisingly I actually care for them than
Aksel. Probably because I can probably make more with something with them than Aksel. Maybe I'll give Aksel to jack41697 since Aksel wants to be with Andromeda....

Characters I'm thinking about the least: Elise, Aksel, That ninja guy, Len, and Kai.

I'm posting up some more to get the thread active again. (hopefully) also I just got done writing an add on with 6 other authors and a story we're doing so I feel like writing some more so here it goes!
Serenity Rayne.png

Serenity Rayne
Serenity is Sarah's sister that was considered beautiful and intelligent. She was also used to having much attention due to being the heir of a royal family but her world was turned around when Sarah was born. The father was unknown but many rumors spread that he was the king of the Dark Realm. It was unheard of for the Queen of Light to have a child of Dark origins. Many people wanted the baby to be abandoned or even killed but Sarah's mother would have nothing of it and gave up her title. Since she abandoned her crown her daughters were no longer in line to be the heir of Light Realm. This, of course, greatly upset Serenity. But one night Serenity was awakened by Sarah's cries and upon entering the room to see what was amiss saw dark figures surrounding the baby. Serenity screamed and the shadows instantly disappeared. Since then Sarah acted differently and as she grew up her actions only got more and more suspicious. Sarah was never accompanied by a friend and her only companions were crows and ravens. because of her sister Serenity was abandoned by her own friends as well. Serenity was convinced her sister was possessed by an evil entity and found herself afraid of Sarah herself. After Sarah turned 14 Serenity disappeared without a trace. On Sarah's 15th birthday Sarah disappeared as well. Sarah was found a year later with her white wings ripped from her body and Serenity didn't appear again until 5 years later seemingly without a soul. What happened to them during their disappearances?

So yeah that's Serenity's story with out giving much away. I just hope I'm not cluttering this thread with all my stuff.

not really. It's no different than people making ninja turtle and naruto characters. Making a CaS Talim is not the same as making a character that came straight from your mind of ideas. An original character is a character that you made that no one else knows of because they are like you persona. You made them and gave them their personality. You brought them from you mind and presented them to yourself and other people and no one else will be able to claim that character as their work.

sorry about the preaching. just telling how it is.

you know, i think--i think... it mightve been sarcasm.

you know, i think--i think... it mightve been sarcasm.
well I'm kind of bad at sarcasm. Well the kind of sarcasm that doesn't seem like it really is because there's no hint of it. my bad but there are people that would have written that and been dead serious.

Yeah, I remember mine used to be long lost brothers that grew up in different ends of the world, and they are now lethal enemies. They share mother, but one is son of Zeus and the other of Hades. The rest are just fillers to help them get SE/SC. But I don't actually use CaS anymore, so most of my garbage I deleted to make custom Sophitias, Cassandras and Amys, plus some Yoshi and Zasa here and there.

Well, I was going to put a giant wall of text here about why creating a large amount of "original" characters in Calibur's CaS mode is a waste of time, supplemented with personal experience and excellent alternatives, but the page refreshed, so I'll just ask this question.

Why not just (learn to*) draw them/write them out?
(*if applicable)

Well, I was going to put a giant wall of text here about why creating a large amount of "original" characters in Calibur's CaS mode is a waste of time, supplemented with personal experience and excellent alternatives, but the page refreshed, so I'll just ask this question.

Why not just (learn to*) draw them/write them out?
(*if applicable)
Of course most of know how to draw and/or write them out. (or at least I do) but there is something else about seeing them move and fight on screen. I don't see why anyone would be against original characters except for the really hardcore players that complain that the hit boxes are different and junk but I'm competetive and I don't care about that. If I'm facing a good looking CaS I feel honored because I know the other person put sometime into that character. Now I think modifying and changing a already made character's clothes is a waste of time unless you just want to see you favorite character in a different set of clothing.

Of course most of know how to draw and/or write them out. (or at least I do) but there is something else about seeing them move and fight on screen. I don't see why anyone would be against original characters except for the really hardcore players that complain that the hit boxes are different and junk but I'm competetive and I don't care about that. If I'm facing a good looking CaS I feel honored because I know the other person put sometime into that character. Now I think modifying and changing a already made character's clothes is a waste of time unless you just want to see you favorite character in a different set of clothing.

Vincent May I have permission to draw Sarah Rayne out and Post it in the Art Section?
She Is a gorgeous character and I was also going to draw my CAS as well.

Tell me do you draw out your CAS first or do them on SCIV?
The way I do mine are in steps.

A.) Think of a Gender.
B.) Proceed to think of the character's personality and backstory which affects which Style/Weapon they will use.
C.) After Choosing the style I proceed to look through Items that Fit the character.
D.) Once all the pieces of clothing are in place I proceed to edit and change the Color Scheme.
E.) After the color is finished I work on the Face/Hair/Eyebrows/Eye Color Extensively.
F.) Then I proceed to Physique and Muscularity and make sure it fits in tone with the character.
G.) Then I proceed to test out the Different Skin tone colors (Sorry I don't make Red/Green/Pink characters -_-)
H.) Once the skin tone is in set I work out the Voice and the pitch as well.
I.) Once the voice is done I choose a weapon that not only reflects the character's personality but also matches with my color Scheme.
J.) Then I proceed to Draw or Sketch the character on my Sketch pad.
K.) Then I end up watching Law & Order: CI, CSI, or NCIS.
L.) Proceed to sleep.

You people's creation are really nice! I wished I met more of you during online play when fighting CaS users (Cpt. Falcon with Talim's moveset traumatized me.) Shadow, I'm really interested in seeing some of your sketches if possible.

I'm one of those people who have more than 40 female CaS by the way, and I like it that way. Just thought of saying this straight out before starting.

Here are just a few of my CaS. Some are based on my original characters, but placed inside the SC universe (with different origins and personalities). Most of the backstory I thought for them in the SC universe is VERY basic and cliche, which to me is fine for how it works in this world.

Marian
1P (Wandering Warrior)
6f8d1e92.jpg

She's a noble warrior who recently left her home to travel, hoping to find her friend who's influenced by Soul Edge and stop her twin sister. She's a kind and dependable soul who prefers to avoid battle, but do knows that some conflicts have to be resolve through violence. When in battle, especially when someone else's life depends on her victory, she wastes no time for talking. It happened that she lets her code of honor and justice get in the way of her reasoning, something she tries to avoid now.

Other outfits
2P (Princess Knight)
f0b8ccea.jpg

3P (Divine Awakening)
55bac8be.jpg

I actually recently made a new blue-white outfit that is heavily close to the 3rd one in parts, but I didn't take a photo. So instead, here's some random fetish outfits.

(Maid)
09be3007.jpg

(Schoolgirl)
e1931310.jpg

As indicated, I also created a typical evil twin to echo the conflict between Siegfried and Nightmare.

Helma
1P (Dark Mirror)
500abf14.jpg

Ever since she saw the horrors of war, how it runs the world and how inevitable it seemed, she became driven towards gaining power, bringing her search to the infamous cursed sword. Unlike her sister, Helma is relentless and will not stop to reach her goal. However, just like Marian, she values honor and considers lowly acts unacceptable. If anything, she can't allow herself to kill innocent children. That moral code might be the only string keeping her sanity together as she goes on.

Other outfits
2P (Sadistic Heir)
6d17da26.jpg

3P (Nemesis)
41e58266.jpg

Noa
DSC05096-1.jpg

Long time friend of both Marian and Helma, she was cursed by Soul Edge a few years ago when the Evil Seed was unleashed. However, unlike the regular people, she didn't go insane. In fact, her body instead accepted a new found power. However, as time went by and as Soul Edge grew in power, the influence of the sword and the Azure Knight was slowly taking over her. In fear of putting her loved ones in danger, she suddenly disappeared.

In their "canon" appearances, Helma isn't a power-hungry evil sister, but rather Marian's mother. This is two quick sketches I did of what she may look like:
83f09619.jpg

50e507f4.jpg

And here is a sketch of Marian I did a few years ago just to get a general idea. The whole outfit is just a mash of stuffs without much thought, so very little from it will be kept like that if I decide to make a final design.
b2d727f4.jpg

Shadow, I'm really interested in seeing some of your sketches if possible.
Sure.

I'm one of those people who have more than 40 female CaS by the way, and I like it that way. Just thought of saying this straight out before starting.
Same here I have 45 Female CAS.

Also I'm going to start sketching one of my most favorite and treasured CAS (Worked on her 3-4 years ago and she's still just as perfect.)

Oh man I like to take my time so the sketch won't be done until like what 2-3 hours not counting shading but counting detail.

Really like your sketches Mura and Maybe we can bounce Idea's off each other (Since I have no male CAS LOL XP)

Thanks guys!

@Shadow: I think the easiest way to start male CaS is to create some sort of a knight. The armors are among the most interesting attires for male to me. I'll just throw some of the male CaS I made back then but eventually deleted to add fan-service versions of my female characters. So yeah, I never really got interested in the male CaS I made, especially because of their voices. If I play with male characters in SC, it's the main ones.

DSC05091.jpg

Thanatos-1.jpg

Yuudai.jpg

Back