Overtoss vs Flapjack

onlywingedangel

[09] Warrior
Two of Nightmare's and Siegfried's grabs are lows that are Overtoss and Flapjack.

(I might be getting them mixed up sry in advance)

Flapjack FC A+G
Flips the enemy foward

Overtoss FC B+G
Flips the enemy behind you

Now usually i do Overtoss because i mapped R1/RB to B+G and it allows me to use backward siegfried moves such as "Catapault" (Fake-Names) Back Facing Opponent SCH B or "Sidewinder" as i call it Back Facing Opponent SSH A+B? I also use Flapjack to ring out (although as a last resort i usually pass up the option to do so because i don't like to ring out people, with grabs at least) or to prevent myself to getting into a postion where i can get ring outed. Or you can do the wall combo with Flapjack that everyone seems to know.

Now i haven't really used Flapjack much but my questions are is there any advantage to Flapjack that overtoss doesen't have? like does it do more damage, better set up for combos.etc. All i know is that Flapjack can be a cheap ring out if the enemy is near the edge. and whether Overtoss > Flapjack or are they equal?

You can use it to switch ring positions to your liking. Against most characters and in most situations the dmg difference is marginal. Its also necessary to use the other grab if your opponent is breaking the one youre using consistently, of course. That and FC B+G can start some pretty nasty wall combos.

[2]A+G is FlapJack, [2]B+G is Overtoss.
Non is better than the other. They are both useful depending on your, and the opponent's stage position, for ROs or WCs.
But [2]B+G has BT-2K guarantee as combo against most characters, so [2]B+G has slightly more damage than [2]A+G on that part.

With NM 2A+G techtraps into 33B with certain characters. Also sometimes people get clever and decide to stand and break if try to mix in one of the low grabs with a mid. So sometimes you have to use both, even outside of ring edge situations.

FC B+G, W!, A+G_B+G FOR THE FUCKING WIN!!!! ;]

One of my favorite wallsplat combos. Probably why i like overtoss better, but like sacharja said, mix it up so they wont break.

lol , i love FC B+G (W) B+K SCH B , 3B (or maybe 1B which still does 3B's move cuz you swtiched sides)

or FC B+G (W) B+K SCH B , then iaGa

mix up with post B+K and A+B works well as a mindfuck imo .

when i do FC B+G (W) B+K SCH B , i end up using BB ends up in SCH like 3B. and if the opponent is slow. I use 234 B although not allot of people are slow these days.

Flapjack: When facing the edge of the ring
Overtoss: When back facing the edge of the ring

Thats wat works for me anyhow.

Overtoss with your back to the ring can be fun. Do a quick duck to make it look like you're going to overtoss but stand back up and 1B. They duck to block the overtoss but get hit with 1B instead leading to the ringout anyway. Of course when they figure that out you just overtoss them anyway.

As for with your back to the wall.

FC B+G W! SCH B iagA W! 3 SCH A+B Needs a wall to your back and left but is just so fun to do. Even with out the wall to your left FC B+G W! SCH B iagA is just awesome.

FC B+G W! SCH B iagA W! 3 SCH A+B Needs a wall to your back and left but is just so fun to do. Even with out the wall to your left FC B+G W! SCH B iagA is just awesome.

Iaga is hard enough! I give up on that combo!

I just stick to

FC B+G W! SCH B BB SCH

Back