Pad Recommendations

Juz

[08] Mercenary
Sorry if this is a repeat thread, I used the search and couldn't find anything similar, so here goes:

Does anyone have any recommendations for good (xbox 360) gamepads? I recently got one of the madcatz sf4 fightpads (http://www.madcatz.com/productinfo....421&GSCat=97&CategoryImg=Xbox_360_Controllers) because the 360 controller's d-pad is terrible, but I'm not sure whether to stick with it.

I play Yoshi and was using a slide between the left bumper and the left trigger to do his a:B+K, but the madcatz pad only has a single shoulder button so that's not an option. I can still do a:B+K using the RB and RT buttons on the madcatz pad (which are on the face of the pad), but it's not as comfortable and I don't get the move out every time. So I figured that before I just suck it up and re-learn a:B+K on the new pad, I'd see if anyone could recommend me a pad with four shoulder buttons and a good d-pad (preferably in the same place as the 360 controller's left stick).

One thing I've looked at is a ps2/3->360 controller converter, but all the ones I can find have reviews with people saying they don't work properly. I know some people around here are using them, is there a converter that actually works?

Old configuration I had for a six button pad that worked fairly well.

ABK
GGA

That way you can hit almost anything with your thumb and it frees up the triggers for anything else you may need.

There's also this thing...

Xconverter360 (or any other lagless converters) + PS2 Dualshock II gamepad ownz!!

...the french players should attest to this... ^_^

Downside to it would be that you'll need a wired xbox 360 controller/device to 'authenticate' the converter... means you'll need to bring two controllers for yourself if ever you need to go to tourneys... =/

Back