Patch Wishlist

Is anybody here optimistic about this patch business?

I'm uneasy. I'd like to see those patch notes. The only good omen I see is Heaton's new avatar.

Sigh.

I worry. The first week, every new player played 'cool icy dude from promo'. But they all switched, leaving mostly decent or better Sieg-players online, ime. I worry Sieg win% online is rather high.. swaying Namco away from boosting him.

Im 100% Neutral Iv seen similar events completely kill Fight Night Champion....

The problem is that the 3D fighting game genera is forgetting its place

They see games like C.O.D. and they want a piece of that young 13-15 audience so they try to create simplicity and always fail what they overlook is that if it wasn't for the older classmates, brother and father praising the game the 13-15yr old most likely would care less

The truth is fighting games NEVER have been & NEVER WILL BE CASUAL

Virtual Fighter, King Of Fighters and Guilt Gear Are three of the most universally Respected Fighters They are also 3 of the most complex.... KOF13 Is a vary successful series ( 12M COPIES NORTH AMERICA 20M WORLD WIDE ) and If Virtual Fighter would make a new Game not just push a old ass DLC update they would go ( 20x platinum as well ) and dont even get me started on Guilty Gear

& NO This Is not 2D vs 3d fighter thing TEKKEN remains Top seller perhaps the last 3d fighter to stay true to its self

AM I REALLY LOOKING TOWARDS DOA & TEKKEN TAG FOR RETRIBUTION -_-

GIVE ME A GOOD SEQUEL EVERY 3-4 YEARS AND I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER

CATER TO BUTTON MASHING LOW ATTACK CRY BABIES AND I HOPE .......

Whining Garbage

Let me guess. Sc5 has decent netcode, and you get fucking bodied because you can't hide behind lag tactics anymore. So now you blame the game for being "shallow" or "bad" somehow because you can't adapt, and take obvious "issues" because the game is different from its predecessors.

Just the kind of thing I expect from you.

I knew this would happen.

I'm actually extremely optimistic about the patch, I thought more people would be... I mean, they can't possibly make Sieg any worse, right? Plus they mentioned taking into account player input, and I think Whiffried is one of the most universally agreed upon changes that need to be made. But I'll be damned if they go the opposite route and fuck him up even more... If that's possible. They would have to make it so that he can't even guard consistently without whiffing that and taking free damage.

I'm actually extremely optimistic about the patch, I thought more people would be... I mean, they can't possibly make Sieg any worse, right? Plus they mentioned taking into account player input, and I think Whiffried is one of the most universally agreed upon changes that need to be made. But I'll be damned if they go the opposite route and fuck him up even more... If that's possible. They would have to make it so that he can't even guard consistently without whiffing that and taking free damage.
I bet everyone was, till the rumors appeared that he'll get nerfed. Hell i was so sure that he would get buffed but all evidence seem to point at him getting nerfed.
Namco is listening to people BUT the point is to whom they are listening. 8wayrun's consensus is that sieg is somewhere between mid and low tier but casuals are having a lot of problems against him and want him to get nerfed.

Its sad but true.

I can't really blame them to want to appeal to casuals. Thats where they get their money from and namco is a business company after all.
I hope though, that they wont go as far as to screw balance just to please them. The best way would be to nerf the stuff that casuals don't like, like his damage and therefore buff areas that casuals don't care about, like safeness, frames, movement, follow ups ect.

I really hope they go this way.

Sigh. Business is business, of course.

But the indignity! Imagine the state of your strength being subject to the whims of weak people. My god. Someone needs to start passing out Ayn Rand books in school.

So what's the point with nerfing characters already weak? To appeal new customers? Just will not happen: Namco dropped the ball with the almost not-existent sp contents in SC V and as result sales were weak, they will not recover those sales in any way, but increasing unbalances will only drive into loosing more players...

So what's the point with nerfing characters already weak? To appeal new customers?

More or less.

Fans can influence sales by word of mouth. And the customer is always right, of course. So if something is happening in the game that could make people speak unfavorably of it then it's something the company has an interest in addressing.

The bad news is that a perceived imbalance can be just as bad for those "word of mouth" sales as a real one. Especially when we're talking about the mouths of empty-headed gamer children.

PS. They know me on xbox ... if your names not bearadox, goofy grazel or lopedo dont waste my time besides Im retired[/quote]

I don't know you. And lol lopedo.

I had the unique opportunity to spend a few hours with Daishi-san and Utoh-san and like I promised to Heaton, I asked about Siegfried.

When I said that a lot of people believe he is one of the worst characters in the game, Utoh-san replied that he definitely isn't weak and he is where they wanted him to be. He mentioned that they didn't want to nerf the entire character but some moves only (no sense I think). He talked to me how the balancing team found him too strong at the beginning, and how they nerfed SCH B (it had tracking which was completely removed, which I think is the reason why it whiffs, and now they will nerf its damage I think). When I asked if they take any balance feedback from the players and he said the balancing team consists of a very few people who read the japanese forum only because they don't understand english, lol. Utoh san is the only one who can speak english and he reads 8WR from time to time.

I had the unique opportunity to spend a few hours with Daishi-san and Utoh-san and like I promised to Heaton, I asked about Siegfried.

Thanks again for that, by the way.

Now if you'll excuse me, my neck isn't quite broken under the weight of despair yet - I should probably go fix that little problem myself. I think I've got some rope around here somwhere...

Back