Patch Wishlist

I just think Namco has their own vision of the game. Daishi isn't very open for balance suggestions from other players. When I asked if they intend to make Ivy's iCS easier (it's by far the most difficult move in the entire SC series) he said "NO" and then added that he gets it maybe once in two hours of continuous tries.

Also, I've got even better one. Utoh-san said Alpha Pat won't be nerfed because they don't believe a person who can do his JF's consistently exists... they watched the tournament videos and the execution of the players is less than what they expected. He also believes JF Twister is the most difficult JF in the game and if you can do it all the time "the character isn't broken, it's your talent", it's pretty much what I heard.

I obviously disagreed but just changed the subject, I didn't really want to argue with the game directors... I was kind of shocked though.

I just think Namco has their own vision of the game. Daishi isn't very open for balance suggestions from other players. When I asked if they intend to make Ivy's iCS easier (it's by far the most difficult move in the entire SC series) he said "NO" and then added that he gets it maybe once in two hours of continuous tries.

Also, I've got even better one. Utoh-san said Alpha Pat won't be nerfed because they don't believe a person who can do his JF's consistently exists... they watched the tournament videos and the execution of the players is less than what they expected. He also believes JF Twister is the most difficult JF in the game and if you can do it all the time "the character isn't broken, it's your talent", it's pretty much what I heard.
Noose.jpg

I heard about this version too at the last NEC. That they are not doing this with forum or tweeter. At this moment I was reasured.

But the problem is there, the correlation between the general complains and what Namco is doing to balance this game is just too strong. So I just can't believe Namco.

The most obsvious example is Natsu. The character is totally broken since the first builds, but people never complained about her. When I worked on the guide, every ones in the team agreed to said that this character was Broken tier. I cant't believe that this "balance team" didn't notice that before. It's just impossible.
And NOW since people notice that she is broken and complain about , they will nerf her.

Yes, Natsu is that one example but there are others. Utoh said Tira will be the most nerfed character because she is broken (he actually used the word "broken") and I don't think I ever heard people complaining about this character. Then we have characters like Omega, Algol or Alpha who don't change at all or become even stronger even though people complain a lot about them. Then Siegfried gets weaker. Where's the logic?

As usual, thank you for the good laughs Ring.

*sigh*... I feel the game is kinda balanced as it is (I feel like most of the characters can win against each others). Although I feel like Sieg definitively needs a buff.

Did you ask if there would be another patch like they promised?
Did they hint that it was the first and only patch they would do?

Yes, Natsu is that one example but there are others. Utoh said Tira will be the most nerfed character because she is broken (he actually used the word "broken") and I don't think I ever heard people complaining about this character. Then we have characters like Omega, Algol or Alpha who don't change at all or become even stronger even though people complain a lot about them. Then Siegfried gets weaker. Where's the logic?

Ok other example :

Omega Algol or Alpha, people complain. But less than Nightmare, Maxi or Xiba for example !
Ivy's and Viola's players complained SO much, they will buff them.
Mitsurugi ? almost no complain (Since you lost against akire I'm waiting for you post in Mitsurugi 'sSA btw), almost no change.
For Siegfried, that's normal. People complain, but not so much. I guess Namco prefer that instead of the old MONUMENTAL complain about Broken Siegfried. At least I'm not surprise !
Tira I don't know to be honest. Maybe in japan ?
But at least the Natsu example is just too strong.

Ok other example :

Omega Algol or Alpha, people complain. But less than Nightmare, Maxi or Xiba by example !
Ivy's and Viola's players complained SO much, they will buff them.
Mitsurugi ? almost no complain (Since you lost against akire I'm waiting for you post in Mitsurugi 'sSA btw), almost no change.
For Siegfried, that's normal. People complain, but not so much. I guess Namco prefer that instead of the old MONUMENTAL complain about Broken Siegfried. At least I'm not surprise !
Tira I don't know to be honest. Maybe in japan ?
But at least the Natsu example is just too strong.

You overrate too much Namco interests in 8WR. Or into foreign players.
It's the opinion of a select few japanese players that matters. Not yours. Not mine. Not Ring's. Not JeanRaoul33000's.

We should try to contact them. If we can. If it is usefull, and that means : if namco makes another patch for SC5.
I heard they wouldn't.

Yeah, I think Natsu is the most prominent example. I don't know about Xiba, but Maxi and Nightmare are supposed to get weaker too. This is strange considering that the already better characters are not getting any weaker. I won't complain about Mitsu. I played a lot against Belial and I know Ivy can win here even though it's not exactly a good matchup for her. Akire surprised me with his style + I played bad, so he was just better.

As usual, thank you for the good laughs Ring.

*sigh*... I feel the game is kinda balanced as it is (I feel like most of the characters can win against each others). Although I feel like Sieg definitively needs a buff.

Did you ask if there would be another patch like they promised?
Did they hint that it was the first and only patch they would do?
What exactly is that you find funny?

I did ask about the another patch. They said they plan to release a patch every 4 months but they are not the ones who are making this decision, it's the higher ups in Namco (I'm guessing patching a game costs a lot of money) do they couldn't confirm anything yet. But I think there is a possibility.

You overrate too much Namco interests in 8WR. Or into foreign players.
It's the opinion of a select few japanese players that matters. Not yours. Not mine. Not Ring's. Not JeanRaoul33000's.

We should try to contact them. If we can. If it is usefull, and that means : if namco makes another patch for SC5.
I heard they wouldn't.

You're free to not believe me. I could talk about this for hours, with a lot of different examples.
I was able to see how Namco balance this game for months.
BTW when I'm talking about complain, it's not only 8wayrun.

Apparently a lot of chars getting nerfed. Maybe sieg turns out to be pretty viable post patch?

Perhaps. After all, he doesn't exist in a vacuum.

I hope what Ring says is true. I feel much better about the idea that Namco is making the changes without the input of the drooling masses.

Man people really do/did think Natsu was broken... just crazy. 2 major changes to her FC 2A+B (poison dart) is worthless now which changes Wake Up games/combo dmg (VERY MINOR) and 6A+B not stunning with the first hit... that's it. those are the only major changes worth mentioning. She's still good. Seig still ... well..

Yes Sieg it looks like didn't get his whiffing fixed and got 3 nerfs? I mean he was that overpowered right that's why most people thing he's bottom tier and Alpha Pat got more buffs than nerfs that just cracks me up.

Utoh-san replied that he definitely isn't weak and he is where they wanted him to be. He mentioned that they didn't want to nerf the entire character but some moves only (no sense I think). He talked to me how the balancing team found him too strong at the beginning, and how they nerfed SCH B (it had tracking which was completely removed, which I think is the reason why it whiffs, and now they will nerf its damage I think). When I asked if they take any balance feedback from the players and he said the balancing team consists of a very few people who read the japanese forum only because they don't understand english, lol. Utoh san is the only one who can speak english and he reads 8WR from time to time.

Japan had the absolute worst SCV sales figures they barley broke 60k and these fools think this is the best place to get constructive feedback ?

Overall Japan has made the absolute WORST BUISSNESS DECISIONS IN THE PAST DECADE, THEY ALMOST KILLED SONY THEY ALMOST DESTROYED THEIR OWN COUNTRY I COLD GO ON FOREVER.... THEY SHOULD JUST LISTEN TO THE REST OF THE WORLD FOR A CHANGE ..............UGH

Back