Patroklos: Can you test this for me? thread

Paranormal_Oreo

[12] Conqueror
This thread is here for people that need something to be tested and want a quick answer. I will be updating the first few posts with the answers to the questions so that there wont be many repeats. Ask away...
How do you get your opponent stuck in the floor on Ivy's stage with Patroklos' 66B+G grab?
By: DrakeAldan
There are at least 4 positions that this could have happened judging from the description, two near the door (has figure-8 serpents on it), and two near the giant mirror-holding statues. (Call them "door corners" and "statue corners".)

In the statue corners, it's either ringout or wallsplat against the bronze statues there. I have managed to get glitchy-looking wallsplats, but nothing else (no freeze in the floor).

The door corners, even more so, ringout or wallsplat, but no freeze or glitchy wallsplats.

I would call it a freak accident; this seems pretty hard to recreate, but it does happen from time to time.

SPOILER
Toggle Spoiler
I don't think it's dependable as a possible strategy.
Does Patroklos' 4K beat out everything Xiba does after 6A or 6B on block?
By: SCPartisan
Indeed it does.
I saw a video of Keysona landing on ZWEI:
A+B:A+B (80dmg variant) 1B BE, CE.
I've tested it and its legit vs him, but does it work on anyone else?

Well I've got something I want tested, I was in the stage; House of Valentine's Prague Residence.....and I used patroklos' one grab, where he hits the opponent with his knee several times. I was fighting Ivy and did the grab in one of the corner where there is a low wall and open space for a ring out. After the grab instead of a wall splat or ring out, Ivy got stuck into the floor. I won the round because time ran out lol, then to my surprise, I somehow did it the following round against the same opponent in a different area of the stage. I didn't get a save of it, witch sucks, and I've been trying to replicate it since then.

I think it only works if your fighting ivy, but I could be wrong.

If you want to try this, by all means.

Well I've got something I want tested, I was in the stage; House of Valentine's Prague Residence.....and I used patroklos' one grab, where he hits the opponent with his knee several times. I was fighting Ivy and did the grab in one of the corner where there is a low wall and open space for a ring out. After the grab instead of a wall splat or ring out, Ivy got stuck into the floor. I won the round because time ran out lol, then to my surprise, I somehow did it the following round against the same opponent in a different area of the stage. I didn't get a save of it, witch sucks, and I've been trying to replicate it since then.

I think it only works if your fighting ivy, but I could be wrong.

If you want to try this, by all means.
I'm guessing that this is just a glitch but you can never be so sure. I can't test right now either but I'll see if Drake or someone else could find a cause.

First time I posted this, it came up all weird.

Here's what I could find.

There are at least 4 positions that this could have happened judging from the description, two near the door (has figure-8 serpents on it), and two near the giant mirror-holding statues. (Call them "door corners" and "statue corners".)

In the statue corners, it's either ringout or wallsplat against the bronze statues there. I have managed to get glitchy-looking wallsplats, but nothing else (no freeze in the floor).

The door corners, even more so, ringout or wallsplat, but no freeze or glitchy wallsplats.

I would call it a freak accident; this seems pretty hard to recreate, but it does happen from time to time.

I don't think it's dependable as a possible strategy.

Thanks for testing it!

Also that's a really good Patroklos guide, helped me work on my game.

Can someone test the aGI window for Pat's A+B, A+B:A+B, and A+B]? I'm guessing the window for A+B and A+B:A+B is the same but I'm not sure.

A+B is 10 frames. (i5-i14)
[A+B] is 40 frames. (i5-i44) (Those figures come from the FuturePress guide.)
A+B:A+B window...

We are talking about the A+B that hits for 40 damage or so twice, right?

Completely unscientific calculations, I'd guess 30~31 frames, from i11 to i42?

Here's noodalls' post.

http://calibur.8wayrun.com/threads/patroklos-a-b-glitch-scv-v1-03.14122/page-2#post-527101

Pat vs Cervantes
Pat does 4B, Cervantes blocks. Cervantes retaliates with 3A (i11 equivalent)
Extra damage comes through.
couldn't get extra damage earlier in the window, it may be an execution thing though.

Pat does 4B, Cervantes gets hit. Cervantes retaliates with 9B (i41 equivalent)

Cervantes does BT K. Pat blocks. Cervantes then does 9B (i42 equivalent)

Cervantes does 6K. Pat blocks. Cervantes then does 9B (i43 equivalent)
Pat gets counter-hit.

I'm not too great at this sort of thing, but maybe it will help?

I'm not 100% on this but I think 4K beats out everything after Xiba's 6A and 6B except guard. If someone could test that, I would be appreciative.

I'm guessing its like 236B BE 1B BE; it only works on bigger characters like Asta.

I was in training and I don't think Pat can step 6BB from Leixia. Can someone confirm/unconfirm this please? I can easily step it with other characters but Pat just gets caught 90% of the time. I just wanna make sure its not be being slow

Do you step normally or use quick step? Also, if you try to attack out of the step too soon you can get hit but besides that it isn't too hard to evade.

I do notice he is more likely to get tagged by it but I personally haven't had any trouble getting around it. Anything else you notice that might be causing this?

Do you step normally or use quick step? Also, if you try to attack out of the step too soon you can get hit but besides that it isn't too hard to evade.

I do notice he is more likely to get tagged by it but I personally haven't had any trouble getting around it. Anything else you notice that might be causing this?

It seemed I wasn't stepping fast enough for Pat. It seems like if you haven't got top tier stepping(e.g. Pyrrha), you have to be quicker reacting and stepping it.

It seemed I wasn't stepping fast enough for Pat. It seems like if you haven't got top tier stepping(e.g. Pyrrha), you have to be quicker reacting and stepping it.

Yeah, sounds about right. I always had to adjust timing a bit when switching between Pyrrha O and Pat vs Leixia players.

Back