Patroklos Tech Trap Discussion

Heaton

A Soul in the Purgatory
Discuss Patroklos' tech traps here. The permanent list, sorted list will be in the stickied thread.

(currently placeholder stuff I'll do tomorrow)

feedback if this seems to work for others as well

1B ~3B* avoidable by left and right tech...has launch properties....

1B ~3A* avoidable by left tech...leaves you in frame advantage, pretty decent Frame Trap....

1B ~44B Catches all Techs, leaves the opponent in a semi knockdown state also pushes them back pretty far.... the timing for this one is annoying, you begin the input a few frames after the opponents legs begin to fall.....

1B ~JS(Justice Step) B, A avoidable by left tech does great damage, to be honest i cannot figure out the proper timing for this one, so i dont attempt it often...but who knows some out there might like this one....

*Note timing for these are as soon as the opponents legs hit the ground....

Here's one.

22B hit, 66A BE, 66A+B (or whatever 66A BE combo you like)
116 damage, compared to the guaranteed 82 damage combo (22B, 3KK, 66A+B)

Beat it by staying down on the floor or teching right.

... Hmm, now that I know about the 82 damage combo, I don't know how I feel about paying 50% meter for 34 pts risky damage.

Can you guy's verify this for me.

22_88 B – 66k catches left and, right techs (had a bit of a problem with right tech's)
22_88 K – 9k catches forward and, back techs
22_88 K – 66k catches left techs

Against wall or, close distance
66A ~ 66b+k ~ (justice stance) bA+B+K (BE). - 44b+k unblockable will catch forward and, back tech's.
Will show in video.

New wall tech trap. Perhaps my favorite

You have about 3 different options while your opponents back it toward to the wall splat with. Different angles . If there back is to the wall and, you're to the left of them then 66k and, 33b will wall splat. Now if there back is to the wall and, you're standing in front of them your choices are 66A - 236B BE - 3b.

After you wallsplat with 66A, 236B BE, or 3b ~ 3kk (stuns) - Now because there back is against the wall no matter where they tech up they will eat a 66k and, depending on the angle 66k will cause them to wall splat again.

If anyone needs a demonstration let me know

feedback if this seems to work for others as well

1B ~3B* avoidable by left and right tech...has launch properties....

1B ~3A* avoidable by left tech...leaves you in frame advantage, pretty decent Frame Trap....

1B ~44B Catches all Techs, leaves the opponent in a semi knockdown state also pushes them back pretty far.... the timing for this one is annoying, you begin the input a few frames after the opponents legs begin to fall.....

1B ~JS(Justice Step) B, A avoidable by left tech does great damage, to be honest i cannot figure out the proper timing for this one, so i dont attempt it often...but who knows some out there might like this one....

*Note timing for these are as soon as the opponents legs hit the ground....

Just to add to his 3B followups, doesn't 236K hit people in the same manner on the ground? There were some instances where I replaced 3B with the 236K for more damage. Or is it slower?

after his 66B+G 2A catches left/right and 236B catches back. Also am i the only one that is completly astonished that if you mash B hard enough his grab does 75 dmg jesus.

Rotate the analog stick/joystick while mashing B, you don't have to mash it so hard. It's easier.

Yeah, 66B+G is bananas. B-a-n-a...

Seems like the options now are, 66B+G, 3-way-mixup.

Any okizeme move (I use 1K all the time), 2A, 236B.

Very nice find.

66B+G 2K will catch left 89dmg

66B+G 3K will catch right and back for 94dmg. If they tech to the right you can delay the second kick and possible get another 10 points (NH) or 37 points (CH stun 2A+B follow up) if your opponent is aggressive thinking you are done kicking.

22_88A, 3A catches all 56dmg. A LOT more than finishing the combo lol

I've seen it done a few times, I wondered why people did it.

3B, 236B BE, 44B. 44B hits left tech and OTG for 85-92 damage.

Hum, apparently, if you delay it by running forward a little, 66B can connect on back tech with the right timing, ends up being 144 damage (163 with CE). But, I don't think hitting this is realistic (I wouldn't go for it).

I don't think Pat can catch right tech at all in this sequence.

Honestly, I have not been using tech traps at all or even force blocks, I just keep running forward...

Is there anything after 9K hit? It feels like there should be a tech trap opportunity here, but I haven't messed around with it too much. I usually do 9K -> 1K which always seems to hit them on the ground; is it guaranteed?

is it guaranteed?
It is not guaranteed. Back tech avoids, left and right tech are within range but it's blockable.

Since 236K/3B hits OTG, 9K is one of those moves people should tech (like the B throws or 2A+B) but they just don't.
Character knowledge...

Seems like 2A will catch left/right tech.

something nifty I just caught now, CE will catch back/right tech for 119 DMG total (works with 66B+G as well, 132-157 DMG). I guess it is technically a 50/50 (either tech back/right get hit, or tech left/stay down and evade). Huh...

You don't have too much advantage hitting 9K. for example, 9K, 2B

hits OTG, 40 DMG total
force block right tech
-6/-7 left tech
at least -8 back tech (aPat CE connects)

9K, 3B

hits OTG, 49 DMG total
-17 left/right tech
force block back tech (probably hard to punish from this distance)

9K, 1K

hits OTG, 43 DMG total
force block left/right tech
-18 (or more) back tech

9K, 236K

hits OTG, 55 DMG total
force block right tech
completely %^&#ed left/back tech

forgive my "maths" if they're incorrect :[

Drake you rock as usual ;] So only 2A or CE seem to be able to guarantee a hit on some kind of tech... the other stuff you listed with frame disadvantages is for when that move whiffs during their tech, am i right?

Yessir. Most people will tech and then do nothing, but you are at severe disadvantage if you whiff after 9K.

Alright. Here's a list of what I normally use- not exhaustive, but it should get people going.

3B, 236B BE, 44B (left tech, OTG, sometimes back tech- safe on whiff)
A+B, 44B (back, left, OTG- -1 or 0 on whiff)
B+G, 66A (only force block- whiffs OTG)
66B+G, 2A (left, right- safe on whiff)
66B+G, 236B (back)
66B+G, CE (back, right)

That's about it. Not too much, but the 66B+G traps are particularly evil.

Official tech trap sticky merged into combo sticky.
66B+G 2K will catch left 89dmg

66B+G 3K will catch right and back for 94dmg. If they tech to the right you can delay the second kick and possible get another 10 points (NH) or 37 points (CH stun 2A+B follow up) if your opponent is aggressive thinking you are done kicking.
66B+G, 2K and 66B+G, 3K are messing with my mind. Unless I am testing them incorrectly, they both seem to catch all. Can someone give me some feedback? I've not gone mad with my new powers, have I?

Official tech trap sticky merged into combo sticky.

66B+G, 2K and 66B+G, 3K are messing with my mind. Unless I am testing them incorrectly, they both seem to catch all. Can someone give me some feedback? I've not gone mad with my new powers, have I?
It would seem they both catch all. Knowing me I probably didn't check it thoroughly because Pattycakes doesn't use a nunchaku.

It would seem they both catch all. Knowing me I probably didn't check it thoroughly because Pattycakes doesn't use a nunchaku.
Well.

2K changes things. Catch all, leaves you at -2 but CE can discourage most retaliation (just yomi that ish).
Hits OTG, must be blocked low.

If you try to block low to punish -14, instant mixup.

I'll be hanging on to this.

Back