Patroklos Tech Trap Discussion

I forgot about the combo discussion thread. :b
DUUUDE! OH, MY DUDE! SO HAWT! *jizz everywhere*

Anywho. *cough*
11B (turn around by holding the new 6; tech trap: front, back, left->) 66A CE = 157 (66A Clean hit = 165)
You can tech trap right by delaying 66A a bit, but it returns to it's normal +12? on hit. Tech trapping 66A.BE will sometimes mess up, he'll turn around so the second hit whiffs.
You can also combo B, but the second hit'll whiff if you input it. That's actually how I figured the CE connection would work.

You're welcome, Pattycake users. c:

I forgot about the combo discussion thread. :b
Should be in Tech Trap Discussion, actually.

Please refrain from expelling any bodily fluids onto the forum interface. Thank you.

This is a weird one. You have to "hit confirm", the CE will only connect if the opponent is close enough. It's possible with combinations of angles and other variables I haven't identified for the CE to whiff because the opponent is pushed out of range with 66A. (Seems just to be with back tech? Trying it from the 77 side.)

On the flipside, 66A BE seems to be working consistently.

We have varying results, can you think of what seems to be the problem?

I tested Pat v. Pat, Stand Normal > Stand All Guard, back and left tech. Also reversed, using the record function, and manually teched and guarded (problems came up during back tech as I mentioned, 66A BE worked fine).

In other news, you got me thinking.

11B, 66A+B. Not as good as yours... 63 DMG OTG. 74-78 DMG front/left (sometimes front can dodge for some reason). 73 DMG back that can turn into a relaunch, follow with 3B or CE (93-141 DMG).

66A seems more reliable with better damage... Meter efficiency is about the same whether using 66A BE or CE, paying half a bar for +45 or so damage.

I'd like a little more testing before I start putting it up in places...

I always have problems with 66A BE tech traps where Patroklos turns around and does the second part so I just stick with 66A.

Weird, it must be Pat's hitbox... CE works against Viola in the same conditions as above regarding back tech.

66A BE is still working consistently for me...

Should be in Tech Trap Discussion, actually.
We have varying results, can you think of what seems to be the problem?
...Tech Traps are technically combos (at least in this game), are they not?

The CE worked for me every time (Mock Battle's Edge Master), but it no doubt could have character-specific faults.

Edit:
66A BE is still working consistently for me...
66A BE on left tech often pushes them too far and Patty fails at tracing and turns around.

...Tech Traps are technically combos (at least in this game), are they not?
Well, if it's not guaranteed if they don't tech, or if they can tech a direction and escape, you can't call it a combo...

It's not a big deal or anything.

It seems consistent enough and I don't see any glaring faults, I'll put it up in due time.

Are you not going to put up 66A+B? That's a pretty good back tech trap and they can only escape the damage to the right.

66B 44B (tech trap: front, left, right (near barrier: back)) CE = 142
CH 6B.B.B 44B (tech trap: front, left, right (near barrier: back)) CE = 157
66B 66B+K 236B.BE 44B (tech trap near barrier: front, back, right) CE = 180
6B.B.B 66B+K 44B (tech trap near barrier: front, back, right) CE = 195
WR K.A 44B (tech trap: front (near barrier: back, right) CE = 142

Pretty nice tech trap in my opinion.

66B 44B (tech trap: front, left, right (near barrier: back)) CE = 142
CH 6B.B.B 44B (tech trap: front, left, right (near barrier: back)) CE = 157
66B 66B+K 236B.BE 44B (tech trap near barrier: front, back, right) CE = 180
6B.B.B 66B+K 44B (tech trap near barrier: front, back, right) CE = 195
WR K.A 44B (tech trap: front (near barrier: back, right) CE = 142

Pretty nice tech trap in my opinion.
I can't get any of these to work. In training the computer blocks the CE all the time and I can't get 44B after the 236B BE.

Back