Personal character preference list and why

I honestly love pyrrha, I've been into sophitia for a long time and using her just feels right haha XD

scv_viola_02-711x400.jpg

I recently picked up Viola and all I can say from her is...Wow! She's very complicated to use, but Im getting better~ I really hated her till I began to use her~ She's very beautiful, and Im "meh" with her but I can do 2 big combos haha~ I'm still a long way from being really good with her, but Im determined to be great with her >:]

zwei.jpg

I think I found my new main.... 4 months after buying this. *sigh*. He's very entertaining to play and watch (Given the player is good, of course.), and I'm getting the hang of some of his combos already. I'll see how this goes.

1. Viola - A mix between character loyalty and personal interest, her fighting style is very fluid and her mixups are definitely great. The fact that she could be Amy only added to the reason why I should main her lol.
2. Ivy - What can I say? The whole dominatrix-esque vibe I get from her is satisfying as hell, cause I really don't have to act like an asshole online, CH 6A & the 88B JF's (when I can do them lmfao) do that job for me. She's also my fake main cause nobody enjoys playing against Viola these days for whatever reason.
3. Patroklos - 6BBB on CH is an awesome move for one, and I was happy there was a male S&S user for once so I gave him a go, I use him every once in a while though just for fun. He is a very cool character despite the borderline incest traits and his cocky ass attitude.
4. Tira - Crazy assassin bitch who swings a hula hoop sword? I was sold on day one of SC3 lmfao, and the fact she's bipolar now added to why I needed to play her idk. She definitely improved my reaction time for alot of things in SCIV cause her random mood switches and I continue to play her for that.
5. Xiba - I was severely disappointed with the turn out of Kilik. This replacement character grew on me after I gave him a go in Training Mode. BT B+K is a funny ass move!! Lmao
6. Pyrrha - I thought the animation differences from Sophitia's Style were RAW, I just can't get over that whiny voice. And too bad I couldn't find a use for her 4AAaA+B+K cause that move is nice.
7. Leixia - Her feints and cancels really intrigued me early on, and her GI's while situational are good in match. But, just like Pyrrha, her voice KILLS me.
8. Cervantes - Nice character, I can't play him for shit though.
9. Dampierre - Gotta love the troll
10. The Bottom Row - Edgelysikilik are fun characters to play as on chill days.

Hm...I don't really have a list of preference, at least not for SCV.

My only main throughout the series have always been Mitsurugi. His fighting style fits me like a glove.
And I seem to learn faster with him than any other character.

Yoshimitsu would be my second preference, because of his many mix-ups. I'm not really good with him at all, but when I play as him for a while. My mix up gameplay as Mitsurugi significantly improves.

Next would be Devil Jin. Again, I'm not good with him either. But I know how to dish out the 10 hit combos fairly well, but only when I practice that move allot. His speed makes me want to lean more towards the offensive more, and so when I play as Mitsu, my offensive gameplay improves.

Soul of Kilik, helps me to be versatile in my gameplay. and I've dabbled with Cervantes, Nightmare, and Patroklos.
Cervantes for strong offense, and Nightmare for powerful attacks and spacing, and Patroklos' fighting style seems versatile. If I learn his move sets I probably may make him my secondary.

Basically I play as other characters to strengthen the attitude of my gameplay as a Mitsu player. By picking up on certain strengths from other characters, I can figure out how to adapt those traits with the tools I have available as a Mitsu player, and add something fresh in my mix up game. ^^ Since I don't really get to play this game that often, this is how I can improvise. Most people could probably pick up on this game faster than I could. But to make up for my slow pick up, this is how I improvised, and it works better for me. ^^

1. Viola - A mix between character loyalty and personal interest, her fighting style is very fluid and her mixups are definitely great. The fact that she could be Amy only added to the reason why I should main her lol.
2. Ivy - What can I say? The whole dominatrix-esque vibe I get from her is satisfying as hell, cause I really don't have to act like an asshole online, CH 6A & the 88B JF's (when I can do them lmfao) do that job for me. She's also my fake main cause nobody enjoys playing against Viola these days for whatever reason.
3. Patroklos - 6BBB on CH is an awesome move for one, and I was happy there was a male S&S user for once so I gave him a go, I use him every once in a while though just for fun. He is a very cool character despite the borderline incest traits and his cocky ass attitude.
4. Tira - Crazy assassin bitch who swings a hula hoop sword? I was sold on day one of SC3 lmfao, and the fact she's bipolar now added to why I needed to play her idk. She definitely improved my reaction time for alot of things in SCIV cause her random mood switches and I continue to play her for that.
5. Xiba - I was severely disappointed with the turn out of Kilik. This replacement character grew on me after I gave him a go in Training Mode. BT B+K is a funny ass move!! Lmao
6. Pyrrha - I thought the animation differences from Sophitia's Style were RAW, I just can't get over that whiny voice. And too bad I couldn't find a use for her 4AAaA+B+K cause that move is nice.
7. Leixia - Her feints and cancels really intrigued me early on, and her GI's while situational are good in match. But, just like Pyrrha, her voice KILLS me.

my fav character is and always will be ivy lol even though i like other characters

my fav character is and always will be ivy lol even though i like other characters

1. Leixia- Never played Xia in the previous games as a main, but Leixia had a lot of mix up options and several moves while crouching. Her personality quickly grew on me and her crybaby move makes me laugh every time. Plus the negative response she got made me interested making her my main. I will now stick to her forever regardless of skill.
2. Ivy- When I first got this game I hated her in this version. But after playing her, I realized that she was fun still and could range like crazy.
3. Tira- Didn't like her in previous games just because of her outfit and hair. (Stupid reason I guess but her 2p outfit drove me to play her and now I really like her.) Her 2 different personalities was like playing two different characters and I love to change it up!

So I play mostly mid-tier characters and all the girls (excluding Hilde, Natsu and Pyrrha Omega)
P.S. i am an ex-viola player

1. Astaroth - I main Roth mainly because everything he does looks painful and brutal, also the high amount of damage is nice. He was actually my second in the old games but after they turned Kilik into what basically amounts to Edge Master's special-ed bastard child Roth moved up to my #1. (Eff Xiba)
2. Ivy - I used Ivy in SCII but got frustrated and gave up on her in III and IV cuz they changed her moves (honestly if they change her moveset again in VI I'm gonna go jihad-style on the Namco HQ) but picked her up again in this one.
3. Cervantes - I used him a bit in IV and just kept learning him as I played.
4. Patroklos - Just picked him up recently. I was gonna go through each character and look at their movesets so I could learn when to react better but as I went through his stuff I decided to pick him up for real.

My list goes:
:sc4ivy1: Been maining her since 2
:sc3set1: I DON'T CARE I STILL LOVE HER.
:sc4hil1: I had the same issue where I just couldn't fucking play with her, but then I realized you can hold two buttons at once and had a happygasm everywhere.
:sc5lei1: I decided to master Elysium so I had to get all the females down. Started loving Leixia's style along the way.
:sc5nat1: Same as Leixia. Love her's slightly less, mostly because I get bitched out when I do a 20 hit combo.
:sc5pyr1: (And OPyrrha) Same as Leixia and Natsu. O Pyrrha though, I decided to actually figure out and play normally.:sc4tir1: Cuz Tira
And that's how I learned to play Elysium!

38719sc5_pub_ss__xiba000.jpg

Xiba is my soulmate *get it?*. Most of the roster was just not clicking to me or I didn't find enjoyable. When I gave Xiba a try he just clicked and his playstyle made sense to me. After using him for awhile, I tried to pick up other characters. No other character has made me interested enough to play them as in depth as I have with Xiba.

Most used
1.Natsu: loved taki and ninjas sooo i main her lol.
2. Ezio: Assassin's creed that is all
3. Voldo: I wanted a character that is tricky and alot of ppl are just confused when they see him.

Cheap/hated
1. Maxi: if u ever wanted to play a fighting game and win but just pressing one or 2 buttons play scv and pick maxi. hes too fast can not stop attack and can all been done with one button, maybe 2 if u want to get crazy. A no skilled character
Asty: If u want to try a little more than maxi than pick asty. Way op and just grab spam. he can kill u with 2 fucking hits. To many grabs way to long of range and with that much power and range to fast to.
3. Viola: i always was on her side until recent things i have seen. She can just nonstop attack you where all you can do it block for ever. Unless you can JG the fuck out of her you'll spend 3/4 of the time blocking and being grab.

Back