Photoshop

Well, she's my favorite character out of the series. She isn't my main, though. From a competitive standpoint, she's low tier for sure, but she can actually win. In my opinion, its Jolly that brings her to such low tier level. If she cold stay in Gloomy, she would be high tier.

I could write more, but I don't wanna get too off topic.

And thanks spider!

I updated the OP with some of my recent works. I also removed some of the images that will take me a while before I get around to fixing them.

This isn't photoshop but I have attempted to change the colour of Setsuka's outfit from IV:
Sc4_setsuka.png

What do you think? This is my first attempt lol.
I also tried this one:
Sc4_setsuka1.png

What do you think?

I can say that my favorite so far is Ivy. You could've done without the green armor pieces, but otherwise, she has got to be the hottest mall santa ever.

Though, I think you should work on toning down your saturation to start. Other than that, I'm liking what I see. :D

Just to make you feel better about what we talked about: Here I'm still looking at your thread!!!!! Good job on these. I like the Tira and Nightmare one a ton. Took the time to save it and show it to Rachael in fact.

Its best to try and put every on a separate layer. Hair on one separate layer, boots on another separate layer, gloves etc..

That way it become very easy to edit colors and you can create multiple edits. Here are some of mine that I edited.

Ivy_Illustration_Color_Edit_by_Eli123S.jpg

ivy_2_by_eli123s-d36w2x9.png

ivy_sc5_concept_art_color_edit_by_eli123s-d41o6mc.png

This Tira SC5 concept looks cool, I might try to make my own color edited version.

Deathinmyeyes: Try adding some Metallica textures to that sword. Maybe one type of smooth texture on the sword, and another rough texture on the hilt. There are alot of tutorials if you need help. Here something I made that's an example of what I mean.

SoulFinishedSmall.png

For The blue orb and gold rim I think you need to darken the gradient to create more relief, right now it looks to plain. As for the blue handle you might want to reverse the shading and have the shaded area at the edge of the handle rather then in the middle. Also the warp tool in photoshop can help make the handle look more like a cylinder. You can adjust the sides and make it appear more round. You got a really good base right now, just do some adjustment to make it better.

Wow, thanks Eli. I'll try and do that. I love your first SCIV Ivy and your SCV Ivy edits.

Its best to try and put every on a separate layer. Hair on one separate layer, boots on another separate layer, gloves etc..

That way it become very easy to edit colors and you can create multiple edits. Here are some of mine that I edited.

Yeah, that's what I normally do when I recolor something. But, like I said, I half-assed the Tira recolor.

This Tira SC5 concept looks cool, I might try to make my own color edited version.

Deathinmyeyes: Try adding some Metallica textures to that sword. Maybe one type of smooth texture on the sword, and another rough texture on the hilt. There are alot of tutorials if you need help. Here something I made that's an example of what I mean.

For The blue orb and gold rim I think you need to darken the gradient to create more relief, right now it looks to plain. As for the blue handle you might want to reverse the shading and have the shaded area at the edge of the handle rather then in the middle. Also the warp tool in photoshop can help make the handle look more like a cylinder. You can adjust the sides and make it appear more round. You got a really good base right now, just do some adjustment to make it better.

All right, I'll do that later tonight and post it up. I'm loving how making something from scratch isn't as hard as I had thought it to be... but its still complicated seeing, as how I've never done it before. And I completely forgot about the warp tool. That would've helped so much.

Thanks Eli!

All right, for the last few days weeks, I've been working on a recoloring of Cassandra. I took my time on this and REALLY paid attention to detail, so it should be 100% better than my Tira recoloring. Also, I gave her a pale complexion and a lip ring because I'm kinky like that.

R&BCassie.jpg

In the interest of keeping my own thread alive...

original picture:

00BIZARROIDES1.jpg

edited:

BizzardoTextured.jpg

Nothing fancy, just added a bunch of metallic textures.

Edit: Holy crap, I've had that picture for 5 years, and I just noticed that bird on the side of his head.

Back