[Pittsburgh, PA] Steel City Souls

hey are there any tourneys in teh pittsburgh area. I live in teh county below it and was wondering. any reply are welcome.

We dont have as many tourneys as we used to. The local scene just isnt strong enough (# of player wise) right now to support a tourney (If you ask me online put the nail in the coffin).

We do have a solid group of players who gather pretty frequently and travel to tournaments. If you up for a session hit me up.
-- Master KaijinJin --

Its time to resurrect this thread.

What's the status of the Soul Scene in the burgh, especially the South Hills?

-DeathCom

There is a guy in Uniontown (DK) were we usually host at. I guess thats kinda close to south hills. I do work out in Robinson which is kinda close to Bridgeville.

We only got like a 4 or 5 man team right now who still plays. That I know of. Im hoping to catch some players at comicon this year and maybe start a weekly or Bi-weekly fight night of some sort with ladders maybe when T6 comes out and include SC.

Im goin to AIP this friday to scope out that game night there. They have weekly game nights there starting at 5 on fridays. Im gona go check it out and see if maybe we can collaborate somethin.
-- Master KaijinJin --

Robinson is pretty close, its like 12 minutes from here. I know a guy who plays (quite badly Ill add) who lives out in Bellevue, which could be in the middle of your commute. But Uniontown, I think that's like 40 miles away. I think your place may be closer.

-DeathCom <- Hates driving.

Looks like I'm gonna be in Pittsburg for 2 weeks after NEC for work...

Send me some messages if anyone wants to work something out.

So it's that dead in the burgh?

Bah. Well deep in the South Hills there lurks a small group that still play. Most of the group are of a beginner level sure, but we are trying to get things rolling again. PM or email me if you seek local players.

-DeathCom

We mostly post on TZ or SRK most and if not all of the Tekken players also play Soul Calibur. We have been having weekly sessions and Ranbat tournaments in downtown Pittsburgh at a public place (like a university) were its easy for everyone to get too. We are starting the ranbats up at the end of this month and it would be cool if you could bring your group out to play.

If you want comp in this city you gotta be willing to make the trip. I do it. I live all the way out in Murrysville. Driving (and parking) sucks but if you wana help the scene in this city its a necessary sacrifice that everyone has to make.

Hopefully i will finally get to meet you.
-- Master KaijinJin --

Robinson is pretty close, its like 12 minutes from here. I know a guy who plays (quite badly Ill add) who lives out in Bellevue, which could be in the middle of your commute. But Uniontown, I think that's like 40 miles away. I think your place may be closer.

-DeathCom <- Hates driving.

I live in Bellevue and host the annual Soul Calibur Halloween Classic (costume party + tournament)

I hope you're not talking about me!

So hey, if anyone wants to play on Xbox just send me a message. Gamertag: RabidConsumers. Or if theres any local contests let me know. I'm not great but love playing.

I've been playing Tekken 6 online for a while now but its just not the same. The online interface is worse compared to SC4, in my opinion. I like seeing the opponent's rank before picking a character. I also miss my created characters, so I think I'm ready to come back. (not to mention, the 360 controller sucks for Electric Wind Godfists!)

How bout playing both? I do it. We have a Tekken tourney every other friday at Duquesne University Student Union Nitespot. And most and if not all of the Tekken players also play Soul Calibur. So we can run SC4 if someone brings another setup. we play there every wednesday and fridays just casuals so if you wana get some offline games in you should come on down. I play on PSN and I hate playing online. That Soul Calibur halloween classic sounds interesting though.

Ive definitely been itching for some Calibur play. I really dont understand why not many people play this game. Good to see someone else who plays in this city.
-- Master KaijinJin --

Back