Planning on getting game capture footage, maybe commentary

REPROBEAN_CHILD

[14] Master
For some time I've been considering getting a game capture card for SCV. With it I could record some online [and maybe offline] gameplay, make screenshots, and possibly do commentary. I'd do recordings in Player Match and the Global Colosseo. I'm still deciding on whether or not if I should do Ranked Matches, since I don't bother going there anymore. I don't really plan to go past my current B1. I've been deciding on either Roxio Game Capture Pro or Elgato Game Capture HD. Whichever does screenshots and provides good HD quality, I'd definitely get it. I'd post wins and loses; I'm not one-sided with winning like a number of players I've seen.

As I said, this is all up in the air right now, but it's doable for me. Just keep in mind that I'm by no means a top tier player, so I probably won't blow any minds like, say, Enkindu, Partisan, or Lost Providence :p. I also have a tendency to use CaS more than the normal characters, but the characters I use are just about have the same height as the characters their styles come from (yeah, I know whiffing will still be an issue...). As far as commentary goes, does anyone have any advice on that? I can be soft spoken, but I don't want to sound boring or anything.

Make sure you have a ton of memory on your computer if you plan on making videos as recordings take up a lot of space. I ended up buying an external hard drive to store all the video files.

Back