"Please look forward to collaborations with other works!" - Guest Character Speculation Thread

I don't think there's much risk of Astaroth not making it. Sure he's not a top fan favourite or anything but he's a lot more popular than Rock at least, and he's actually somewhat plot relevant unlike Rock who's always just kind of around. He also fits pretty well in the Light vs Dark thing being a follower of Soul Edge, while Rock just kind of does his own thing and doesn't really relate to anybody on either side.

Unless we suddenly get playable Bangoo for some reason I don't see much chance of Rock being in over Asta.

Sadly, this is probably true, with only like 33 properly unique (i'm talking characters with a distinct fighting style) characters, the most I can realistically imagine for this would be about 25, whereas if we are going to be getting more NON-guest characters, they are going to be unique, but probably won't be customizable, if we follow the trends with Dampierre. As much as i'd like some of the older characters, especially Necrid, i doubt we'll legitimately get more than most generic character predictions/wishlists.

Also, is anyone worried about Astaroth? I have a really weird stomach feeling that he is going to get replaced by rock, or ashlotte. My gut says it's likely to be rock, but if Asta MUST get replaced, I'd take Ashlotte anyday. She's so goddamn cute! Anyway, is anyone worried about astaroth RN? I hope my stomach is wrong
Like I was saying, even if they do decide to pad the roster and give us something like 39 characters, they're going to be half-baked inclusions.
22 to 24 characters is where everyone needs to currently strap in and settle their expectations to.

And Astaroth will be there. You don't have to worry about that.
Maxi needs someone to kill his crew and swear vengeance upon for killing his lover, after all.

Like I was saying, even if they do decide to pad the roster and give us something like 39 characters, they're going to be half-baked inclusions.
22 to 24 characters is where everyone needs to currently strap in and settle their expectations to.

And Astaroth will be there. You don't have to worry about that.
Maxi needs someone to kill his crew and swear vengeance upon for killing his lover, after all.
Completely forgot maxi existed for a moment lol. Not gona lie though. I'd rather have 22 characters, rather than a bunch of half-baked inclusions. Other than Ashlotte. Ashlotte is adorable. I want one. I am willing to pay. Hook me up bamco

Lol wow, so it was just a lucky guess that may or may not come true. What a waste of time, I'm surprised max even mentioned it. Goes to show how pointless making speculation videos are...
Luck
Sadly, this is probably true, with only like 33 properly unique (i'm talking characters with a distinct fighting style) characters, the most I can realistically imagine for this would be about 25, whereas if we are going to be getting more NON-guest characters, they are going to be unique, but probably won't be customizable, if we follow the trends with Dampierre. As much as i'd like some of the older characters, especially Necrid, i doubt we'll legitimately get more than most generic character predictions/wishlists.

Also, is anyone worried about Astaroth? I have a really weird stomach feeling that he is going to get replaced by rock, or ashlotte. My gut says it's likely to be rock, but if Asta MUST get replaced, I'd take Ashlotte anyday. She's so goddamn cute! Anyway, is anyone worried about astaroth RN? I hope my stomach is wrong
NO need for worries on that end every fighter needs a big oversized pummeling wrecking ball grappler type character and to get rid of Astaroth highly unlikely but not impossible. To much of a fan fave for that.

Luck

NO need for worries on that end every fighter needs a big oversized pummeling wrecking ball grappler type character and to get rid of Astaroth highly unlikely but not impossible. To much of a fan fave for that.
I'd still buy the game if he wasn't in it, but i'd have a huge golem shaped hole calling me a maggot in my heart.
I'm feeling a bit better about asta, but I will still have nightmares about rock replacing asta and running around in his furry manthong armor break

-2 types of potions for temporary improvements as part of his game plan
-Quen for RE
-decoction for soul charge
-CE: slash slash slash Igni slash slash Aard ground pound
Explosive Quen for GI, Aard for unblockable, Axii for RE, Igni for GB strings, Thunderbolt for SC (with slowly draining health for toxicity), and something with Yrden for CE.

Well, definitely not is complicated for Namco to do 39 different styles also I realize that this SC is being very well worked by Namco, I'll not be surprised to see this amount, even because the most of fighting games lately have a lot of chars, but if suddenly are 39, then perhaps ~12 should can be by DLC

This was the last bit of that subliminal clip.I froze cap it now im not sure but do those glyphs mean anything or is it the same as the initial announcement?? Because for a moment just teorizing here with all this talk of “Geralt” as of late I automatically assumed it was in referance to him because dont you have the options of infusing your weapons with different glypes or rune stones for different effects in that game? I know over thinking probably.
B87DDC91-4698-4860-930B-245424B6EC65.jpeg

I don't mind the half-baked inclusions, it was fun to have bonus characters before, and should be fun now. I said from the start that I expected bonus characters or CaS characters to appear in the Story Mode, so we wouldn't have random encounters between the main ones, like "Hey, Sophitia went to the garden, a wild Zasalamel appears out of nowhere with no context", yeah, keep the bonus/CaS fodder, please. Also, I don't know if we should expect the lover to die too, we'll have to wait how this will play out, seems way too obvious to just kill the lover like that.

2B and Zoro are not trash, they are popular characters with very cool fighting styles.
I agree with all of that except the part about Maxi's lover possibly not dying.
I was told he'd die already. lol
I shared that outright with all of you.
Which is kind of a thing I wanted to discuss a little since I've seen people say he can't die if he's playable, and if he's playable then he's not dying.
I will repeat again that I still don't even know for sure yet from my main SCVI source if Maxi's lover will be playable.
But what I do know is that in a fighting game, having a playable character and having them die in the story are not mutually exclusive.
KOF, Mortal Kombat, and Injustice are just 3 examples of games who kill characters off in the story that are playable.

Only reason I don't believe the 39 characters thing is because Geralt is the easiest guest prediction ever.
I still don't know and won't say that I know for sure that Geralt is the guest character because I didn't hear outright that he will be. If anything, it's interesting that I heard about the team wanting a character like him that uses Half-Swording & Murder Stroke that they regretted not being able to include.

That either means one of two things in my view:
1. They had an idea for a new character like that, but Geralt fit the same general idea they had, so they just opted for getting Geralt instead to carry out their idea.
2. Geralt WAS actually the character mentioned to me, but didn't wind up getting picked and people are just letting their hopes and expectations get the best of them because he's almost too obvious to be the guest character pick.

Last edited:
I agree with all of that except the part about Maxi's lover possibly not dying.
I was told he'd die already. lol
I shared that outright with all of you.
Which is kind of a thing I wanted to discuss a little since I've seen people say he can't die if he's playable, and if he's playable then he's not dying.
I will repeat again that I still don't even know for sure yet from my main SCVI source if Maxi's lover will be playable.
But what I do know is that in a fighting game, having a playable character and having them die in the story are not mutually exclusive.
KOF, Mortal Kombat, and Injustice are just 3 examples of games who kill characters off in the story that are playable.
I know that these things aren't mutually exclusive, but Maxi's lover dying, regardless of being in the main roster, or being a bonus, or CaS fodder or NPC, seems way too obvious and easy to expect.

Just don’t want false hype built up and then we get trash like 2B or Zoro.

Zoro I get but calling 2B trash ? damn ...

Anyways I am happy if Geralt is in even though I am not the biggest fan of Witcher. I hope they put 2B in somehow though also I wanted to ask this since I didnt followed other games like I did this one did older games had demo or anything like that before ? It would be cool to get a demo or beta to try the game

Only reason I don't believe the 39 characters thing is because Geralt is the easiest guest prediction ever.
2. Geralt WAS actually the character mentioned to me, but didn't wind up getting picked and people are just letting their hopes and expectations get the best of them because he's almost too obvious to be the guest character pick.
You two do know of this tweet, right?

I cannot think of a single other game where Geralt would fit, unless the game wasn't announced yet.

And pessimism isn't always realism. Expecting the game to be worse than 5 is definitely not realistic.
I never said the game will be worse than SCV.
Only that SCVI went through a development hell and a smaller roster is very realistic if they either send the game out earlier than they should and/or intentionally shelve characters as DLC.... which is an actual business strategy for some companies and something I heard that they would do.

I still stand by my claim that Zasalamel was originally going to be withheld as DLC despite being developed alongside the rest of the cast and part of the story, and my leaking that made them do a turn about that and assess the choice because there was still sufficient time to change their minds about a character that important. They couldn't afford the fiasco.
It's risk management. The risk was not worth the blowback because it is an incredibly risky choice to choose and alienate your fanbase and consumers to do that with a character who's not just done, but part of the story.
Doing some Day 1 DLC shit with him to ramp up pre-orders sales and sell season passes would've been a slap in the face.

Unless Maxi’s boyfriend is pivotal to the story I would be unsure why he’s playable
It's easy to assume he would be a fighter to some extent since he's part of a pirate crew. But how much shine he'd get before he died is the thing that makes the whole thing feel "wasted" if he is playable and not done right.
I still don't know how exactly the story mode will function, but let's say he's introduced, scenes play out, things that build up a reason to care about him (and Maxi) and expresses there's something there between him and Maxi, and then the crew gets attacked. You play as him fighting Lizardmen or whatever, then ultimately Astaroth bodies you and kills you. It'd give him a playable section in the story and he got to go out swinging.
It's a means to an end to build towards Maxi facing Astaroth in the story.

I cannot think of a single other game where Geralt would fit, unless the game wasn't announced yet.
Of course I saw it. I've commented here and on gameFAQs directly about it already. lol

Of course, these bit characters can’t be proper confirmation in a Soul Calibur game.

But 19 more characters sounds like the current known roster size minus a guest too... So would everyone get a bonus CAS?

I know, but my point is that anyone could type "Geralt is the guest character" online and it wouldn't be a stretch, so I don't find a low effort guess to be convincing enough to make that poster a person that is aware of the game's development.

Back