"Please look forward to collaborations with other works!" - Guest Character Speculation Thread

FallenAngelII

[09] Warrior
"Please look forward to collaborations with other works"

The wording makes it seem like we'll get more than one guest character and that they'll be from more than 1 franchise.

With the surprise guest appearances of Cloud Strife in Super Smash Bros. 4 and Noctis Lucis Caelum in Tekken 7, the chances of another Final Fantasy character appearing in Soul Calibur VI are pretty high, I'd say, especially with Bamco owning both T7 and SC.

At first, I thought maybe they'd with the uninspired choice of just adding Lightning (FFXIII) or Squall Leonhart (FFVIII) but then an inspired idea hit me: They should add Yuna (FFX). For one thing, it'd be an inspired choice because she wouldn't be just another sword wielder. They'd also be able to give her a unique style, a blend of different moves from her portion of the Sphere Grid. She wouldn't be a traditional fighter with a traditional martial arts style but have to rely on unconventional moves. They could even throw in a few Black Magic spells (or White Magic spells, even!).

But the most interesting thing would be her Brave Edges. That same link also states there'll be some moves which will only be available in one's Powered Up Soul State (whatever they'll call it). So I say give Yuna 8 Brave Edge, 5 that are always available and 3 that are only available in her Powered Up Soul State. Why 8? Because that's how many summons Yuna has (why 3 that are only available in her Powered Up Soul State? Because that's how many optional summons Yuna has), unless they just give her the 5 unmissable Aeons as special moves and the 3 missable ones as Brave Edges. It'd be interesting, such as allowing her to use Shiva to freeze her opponents and Valefor for a kind of airdash. Yuna's Critical Edge could be her summoning all 10 Aeons (there's a summoning where she summons 3 Aeons, the Magus Sisters, at once). As a summoner and practicioner of White Magic, Yuna's Powered Up Soul State could give her a buff that decreases damage done to her instead of a damage buff or whatever else other people get.

(Also, I go by Yuna and I'd love to be able to upload videos on Youtube whose titles will be "Soul Calibur VI - Yuna (Yuna) vs. ...")

Hunter from Bloodborne & God of War 4 Kratos for PS4.
Link & A Fire Emblem character when the Switch version is announced. Switch multiplats release later than traditional multiplats.

I love FFX and Yuna, but I can't see how they'd make that work. Besides, FFX is old, and people would just be like wtf is this? As much as I'd love Yuna, I think it's 99% sure we'll have to stick to CaS :)

Interesting. If we get a Killer Instinct character for XB1 I hope it's Hisako.

Hisako or Tusk would fit perfectly. Anyway, my predictions would be as follows (especially if they get into console specific ones):

-PS4: The Hunter (Bloodborne), Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil), or William Adams (Nioh)

-XB1: Tusk or Hisako (Killer Instinct)

-Switch (if it happens): Link or Marth

-Universal: The Chosen Undead/The Bearer of the Curse/The Ashen One (Dark Souls)

The amount of hype this would give me would send me to a hospital.

Even though I think it's unlikely I'd like to put my vote for a Darksiders character. Preferably Death. Darksiders 3 has been announced to be coming out next year also...

I love FFX and Yuna, but I can't see how they'd make that work. Besides, FFX is old, and people would just be like wtf is this? As much as I'd love Yuna, I think it's 99% sure we'll have to stick to CaS :)
So was FFVII when Cloud was added to SSB4. In fact, by the time SCVI is releqswd, FFX will be roughly as old as FFVII was when Cloud was added to SSB4.

And out of the older games, FFX is one of the most interesting games. Because its ending was not happy. It was, at best, bittersweet, what with Tidus ceasing to be (not just dying, but ceasing to exist, i.e. he did not get an afterlife). FFX is still rememebered fondly for its story as one of the best stories in the FF series.

I think it'd be interesting. Also, why couldn't they craft a suitable moveset for Yuna? Viola uses a goddamn floatint crystal ball. Yuna has her staff, all kinds of magic and summons. She could be like Z.W.E.I., summoning constructs here and there. It's not like the series has never had a staff character before.

It's not like Cloud or Notcis has complete movesets (even with Dissidia, but Yuna's playable in Dissidia too), they had to be made up.

I could see "new Kratos" coming out on Ps4, since the new GoW is coming. Besides, we already had Kratos in the psp Calibur game.

- William Adams (Nioh) - Nioh was a great and succesful game, which caught a lot of attention. Bringing William to the game would make total sense, not only because of its success, but also because he fits in the time period, as he is from the Sengoku period, which is around when Soul Calibur happens as well. Not to mention that William could gain some of the "weapon changing" thing that the leak mentioned, and it would fit him greatly because of how many movesets he can use in his game. Namco already gave Sophitia to Koei's Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, so I wouldn't doubt they would make their characters cross again.

- Someone (Dynasty Warriors) - With Dynasty Warriors 9 coming next year, I can easily see Namco getting a DW character instead of William. DW9 will have a lot more meaning than other DW titles because it will have huge updates in gameplay, so maybe including one of their newcomers or even a popular character would be a good idea for SCVI. DW9 will still have some over the top weapons (even though it was greatly reduced) and 1v1000 gameplay, but any moveset could be easily translated to Soul Calibur well enough.

- Mai Shiranui (KoF) and/or Gladiolus (FFXV) - Putting these together for the same reason, they're both from franchises with guests for Tekken now. I could put someone from Street Fighter too, but I cannot think of anyone important that would truly fit in Soul Calibur. Mai and Gladiolus both use weapons and could extend the partnership between Namco with SNK and Square-Enix. Mai could easily have a boob battle with Ivy... okay, I'm sorry, Mai would be really cool with all her fire attacks, and I put Gladiolus instead of Noctis because the latter is already used and Gladiolus seems to be really popular, specially considering the ammount of hentai they did with him.

- Someone (Tekken) - This seems kinda random, but I wouldn't be surprised if some moveset from Tekken would end up at least like Devil Jin in SCV, or, maybe a character itself, even if just to promote the franchise.
(EDIT) I thought I should add more to that:

- Someone (Dark Souls or Bloodborne) - Sorry if many of my suggestions have "someone" in them, but I cannot think of anyone specific, specially in this case. My only contact with either of the series was a Dark Souls 2 that I rage quit. Still, both franchises are very well known and both belong to Namco. They also include a large ammount of weapon users, so its really hard to pick, it could literally be anyone, Ornstein, Artorias, Siegmeyer, Priscilla (from Dark Souls), The Hunter, Lady Maria, Father Gascoine (from Bloodborne) the range is immense and there are many popular characters to choose from.

- Dante (Devil May Cry) and Cloud Strife (FFVII) -
The reason I'm putting these together is because they were cancelled guests for SC3 and the PS2 version of SC2 respectively. With DMC5 supposedly being produced and FFVII awaiting release, it would only make sense to bring either of these back, not to mention that, if the story is actually going to touch SC2 and SC3, its their chance to finally appear where they should have been in a long time.

- KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) - While I don't know how the Xenosaga series is doing nor do I know anything about it, KOS-MOS is another relatively famous character of Namco from that franchise and her costume was a special unlockable one in SC3's CAS, apparently made to compensate Dante's removal. KOS-MOS has many attacks to choose from, and while she is somewhat over-the-top for the SC series, she still could be fun and cool, if we had Kratos, Darth Vader and Spawn, so that is certainly not an issue.

Last edited:
- Someone (Dark Souls or Bloodborne) - Sorry if many of my suggestions have "someone" in them, but I cannot think of anyone specific, specially in this case. My only contact with either of the series was a Dark Souls 2 that I rage quit. Still, both franchises are very well known and both belong to Namco. They also include a large ammount of weapon users, so its really hard to pick, it could literally be anyone, Ornstein, Artorias, Siegmeyer, Priscilla (from Dark Souls), The Hunter, Lady Maria, Father Gascoine (from Bloodborne) the range is immense and there are many popular characters to choose from.

- Dante (Devil May Cry) and Cloud Strife (FFVII) -
The reason I'm putting these together is because they were cancelled guests for SC3 and the PS2 version of SC2 respectively. With DMC5 supposedly being produced and FFVII awaiting release, it would only make sense to bring either of these back, not to mention that, if the story is actually going to touch SC2 and SC3, its their chance to finally appear where they should have been in a long time.

- KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) - While I don't know how the Xenosaga series is doing nor do I know anything about it, KOS-MOS is another relatively famous character of Namco from that franchise and her costume was a special unlockable one in SC3's CAS, apparently made to compensate Dante's removal. KOS-MOS has many attacks to choose from, and while she is somewhat over-the-top for the SC series, she still could be fun and cool, if we had Kratos, Darth Vader and Spawn, so that is certainly not an issue.
I haven't played Nioh, and know nothing about it, but apparently it sold very well, so I can see it happening.

A Dynasty Warriors crossover is also possible, seeing as how Sophitia appeared in one of their games.

Mai Shiranui is a highly unlikely guest character and more importantly, I don't want her in Soul Calibur. She's a projectile character and we don't want more of those (side-eyes SCIV Algol) and other than as a projectile, Mai doesn't really use her fans much. She fights with her bare fists and legs. She just wouldn't be a good fit and any playstyle that tried to stay faithful to her original play style would likely break the game.

Gladiolus & Cloud Strife - We already have Cloud in SSB4 and Noctis in T7. For these reasons, I don't think we're going to get any FFVII or FFXV characters in SCVI. Square Enix likely would want to promote some of their other games or at least not create franchise fatigue by having too many characters from the same games appear in multiple fighting game franchises..

Tekken - I don't think we're ever getting another Tekken character as a guest character. We already had Heihachi and Yoshimitsu is a permanent SC character. But another guest style that we'll end up banning in tournament is possible.

The reason why you can't think of someone specific from the Souls or Bloodborne games is likely because none of the games really place much emphasis on their characters. There's little to no characterization in them. None of them even have a real name, but a descriptive name of what they are, such as "Chosen Undead" because they're just a player avatar. As such, I don't think people are that attached to any of the Souls/Bloodborne playable characters and as such I doubt we'll see any of them as a guest character.

Dante from Devil May Cry is a character I can see making it into SCVI, even if we'd have to contend with guns being in the series all of a sudden. At least I hope they don't make his gun attacks spammable.

I doubt we'll ever see KOS-MOS. She'll stick out like a sore thumb, what with being an android with an artifical intelligence wielding a handgun and a machine gun. CaS parts is one thing, a guest character is another. You also appear to imply Dante was originally supposed to appear in SCIII, but I can find no sources for this.

latest

You all know the answer
Has SC ever had a guest character that isn't a videogame character?

I thought it was confirmed by leaks that it was Link and some Fire Emblem character for cross promotion for the switch version?
For the PS4, I would assume it would be a cross promotion with the new souls game in development, possibly bloodborne 2, so it would be the hunter in that case. Maybe Gehrman.
For the Xbox, it would probably be some unannounced project character. I don't see any killer instinct characters transferring over.

So was FFVII when Cloud was added to SSB4. In fact, by the time SCVI is releqswd, FFX will be roughly as old as FFVII was when Cloud was added to SSB4.

And out of the older games, FFX is one of the most interesting games. Because its ending was not happy. It was, at best, bittersweet, what with Tidus ceasing to be (not just dying, but ceasing to exist, i.e. he did not get an afterlife). FFX is still rememebered fondly for its story as one of the best stories in the FF series.

I think it'd be interesting. Also, why couldn't they craft a suitable moveset for Yuna? Viola uses a goddamn floatint crystal ball. Yuna has her staff, all kinds of magic and summons. She could be like Z.W.E.I., summoning constructs here and there. It's not like the series has never had a staff character before.

It's not like Cloud or Notcis has complete movesets (even with Dissidia, but Yuna's playable in Dissidia too), they had to be made up.
Again, if Bamco did it, I'd love it, but I'd still be very surprised. Your argument about FFX is good but... FFVII is getting even more hype than it needed, when the remake is on the way, and I think because of the remake, if any FF character should appear in SCVI, it's going to be Cloud. I love FFX, but I think it's underrated (nowhere as much as FFIX, mind you, I love that story even more), and stands in the shadow of FFVII's popularity. Also, even if they made Yuna work, gameplaywise and all, I think people would be like wtf, where is Cloud.

Back