POLL: Are you going to purchase SC5?

Are you going to purchase SC5?

• Total voters
Dumbing down Ivy by taking away a stance. FUCK anyone who complained she was too "difficult" to use
I wouldn't say Ivy was hard to use, although I did use Ivy in SCIV so that's not saying much. From a newbie's point of view, she was hard to pick up compared to the other characters because you had to adapt to three different states - that's a lot from a newbies view but I am also quite unhappy of them "dumbing her down"".

However, I am definitely getting SCV and I will main Patroclus, no questions asked. He will be my main forever.

Dumbing down Ivy by taking away a stance. FUCK anyone who complained she was too "difficult" to use
Well supposedly, the more we complain the more Namco will change things in SC5. I honestly dont want them to make things easier for new players because its not like SC has a steep learning curve or anything. Regarding Ivy, none of us have played the game or seen enough to even really know how complicated or easy she will be to use. Im fine with her losing a stance as long as they don't take away from her game......

It kind of sucks that they're making Ivy easier to use, and by the sound of her CE, even better.

She was already too easy to play as for how good she was, in my opinion.

Hope they don't take away any of Siegfried's stances. But I'm predicting him to be almost the same. Maybe slowed down and more powerful.

Well, I doubt they'll do it like I think they will, but if they have every non-kick with a HOLD input for a whip move, it'd be a lot better for her because all moves would be instantly available without having to juggle stances.
That would help a lot if they had a TAG option, because in IV playing Tower, whenever you'd switch to her, she'd always start off in sword.

From a newbie's point of view, she was hard to pick up compared to the other characters because you had to adapt to three different states.

That's why there is a Practice Mode & that's what made Ivy unique.

Regarding Ivy, none of us have played the game or seen enough to even really know how complicated or easy she will be to use. Im fine with her losing a stance as long as they don't take away from her game......

They just said in a recent video that they listened to the community about Ivy not being "beginner friendly" so they responded by doing what? Taking away a stance? I'm all for improvement but making Ivy more "beginner friendly" sounds like a downgrade IMO.

Well, I doubt they'll do it like I think they will, but if they have every non-kick with a HOLD input for a whip move, it'd be a lot better for her because all moves would be instantly available without having to juggle stances.
That would help a lot if they had a TAG option, because in IV playing Tower, whenever you'd switch to her, she'd always start off in sword.

I feel like you might be on to something O_o It would make perfect sense to simplify Ivy for a Tag Mode. I have no doubts that a Tag Mode will be in SCV.

I feel like you might be on to something O_o It would make perfect sense to simplify Ivy for a Tag Mode. I have no doubts that a Tag Mode will be in SCV.
I think having a HOLD input would drastically change Ivy, but for the better. Stances often get in the way, and I can see how newer players would be overwhelmed by that.

Well, I'm open to others' views. By that I mean the Project Soul's director and producer. If they say they can find a more exciting way of playing it without adulterating the series, I'm willing to give it a try. I want to say yes, I'd buy because Tago and Daisho seem to be actually listening to the fans. The game's speed seems fluid enough. And I don't mind them exchanging new characters for old ones --since all they have to do is take the movesets of discarded chars and leave them up for grabs in the Create A Soul!! But I will say this, I'm not going to buy it until after I try it. Even if it's just on the display at Wal-mart, because i don't want to go thru the heart-ache and agony again as when i bought SC4.

btw I did seek out Legends and bought the last unused copy in the store just cause I'm that big of a fan. I enjoyed meeting familiar characters in a different game.

Yes, kinda hard to say your not going to if you've played the franchise since you were seven. It is engraved in my childhood, like zebra gum, the ORIGINAL power rangers, tomagachi pets, and hungry hungry hippos.
but the original power rangers are just a knock off of Vultron. That's why i never liked them. Oh and one other reason, but i'm not trolling, so i'll just shut it.

I know, me too, but there are times when I'm in Sword state, and there's a perfect opening for a Whip move. If it was just a HOLD input away, that would make her all the more deadly, but at the same time easier to use.

what do you mean hold input? She already can hold her stance changes. The only thing you can't do in most cases is go SW > WP, WP > SW. There are a few times, but generally not enough time to do the double transition. I'm just hoping we get the SC4 method of stance changing. I was really pissed about how they changed it in BD. SC4 was perfect, just CL was lack luster and SE was terrible.

I'm fine with the 2 stances, but I want easy flow from each one in my own way. i prefer manual shifting versus held strings. I feel too flow charted otherwise.

I mean, only have her able to be in sword state, but you can access the whip half of her command list by holding the input. For example, We'll say they took CL's 6A.K for her 6A SW move. So 6A.K would be the CL version. 6{A}.A would be her whip 6A.A.
The only input that would be hard to configure is A+B. In sword, it's a charge unblockable, so I don't know how they'd get the whip counterpart. :x

Signed up to add my "No" vote because there's too much fawning over Daishi's plan just because of a mix of either it being Daishi or caring solely about the gameplay and not the characters and story.

If Daishi later reveals our old female characters are returning as playables (NOT DLC playables) and important characters in the story mode, especially Sophitia and Taki, then my vote will change. Otherwise, I hate how this game is shaping up. The time skip seems intentionally designed to throw away almost all of the old female characters and replace them with new girls the team thinks will sell more copies of the game to non-fans by design, with only Ivy set to return of the important ones because they expect she's the only one they're practically required to bring back to avoid the worst backlash.

For the record, I like Setsuka the most and I would've been able to accept her not returning as long as most of the other major ones returned as playable and important characters. I also have nothing against a time skip idea in and of itself, or of adding new characters. What I hate is the way the time skip is being utilized, as what appears to be an excuse to get rid of almost all the old female characters. They didn't need to do a time skip or toss out much of the cast to "progress" the series, that's bull, they could've done it just as easily picking up where SC4 left off.

And now I'll leave you guys to complain about my complaints with how this game is turning out. I hope this game doesn't kill the series forever, but equally if this project stays on its current track, then I hope we're not stuck with this crap and we can pretend it never happened with SC6.
Stop crying. You don't see me constantly bitching about Raphael not being revealed.

Back