Problems with AS A to WC AA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroEffect317

[13] Hero
Okay, it's my understanding that after hitting AS A you can go into a WC AA for free, right? I've tested this in training mode several times, and every time I've tried I cannot block the WC AA followup. But recently, I've seen people actually block the WC AA, and worse than that I've even seen people with enough recovery to duck under it!

I mentioned this in the Talim video thread, since ,in one of my matches with InsaneKhent, he manages to block it. I just thought it was a glitch, but then this guy I played online was ducking and blocking the followup a few times, and punishing me for what was supposed to be free damage. Has this happened to anyone else?

Never happened to me... You mean it's shackable? D: Aww, more ways to counter Talim! Going into stances just seems less and less worth it...

For when he tries to punish you, do you think he can react quicker than a WC K?

No, it's not a shakeable stun. It's one of those stuns that has no lightning effect, the opponent just locks up giving you + frames. If you hit the CH version of AS A it gives the crumple stun effect, (lightning and opponent falls down eventually) but that allows you to hit WC AAB for free.

And as I said I tried this myself in training mode. I recorded the CPU Talim doing AS A~WC AA and I couldn't shake it, or recover in time to do anything but take the hits. So I'm not sure why it sometimes happens like that.

It's true that if I used WC K I'd catch him when he ducks before he could retaliate. But the thing is, I never knew he'd be able to duck, so by then I had already went for WC AA. It doesn't happen all that often, but it has cost me a few rounds/matches here and there.

I've had that problem too but there's one thing I gotta ask? You were playing online right? well, it's online, there's enough lag to where it makes some things safe and some unsafe. In this case it could be the same concept. Try doing it offline and see what happens.

I never read anywhere where it said the WC AA was free.

To be honest, I never did either. But after testing it over and over again in training mode, I could not interrupt, duck, or block the WC AA followup at all. I also tried with different characters to see if it was character specific, but it still hit 100% of the time.

I've had that problem too but there's one thing I gotta ask? You were playing online right? well, it's online, there's enough lag to where it makes some things safe and some unsafe. In this case it could be the same concept. Try doing it offline and see what happens.

No one's ever ducked and punished offline, but I've had my opponent block it offline before as well.

watch around 6:16 mark.

Well to add my worthless opinion to it, I guess it is all lag.

Also ZeroEffect, you seem to play your Talim very safe, lots of A+K in there. I almost never use that move O_o. Maybe I should try that. And yeah I did notice the blocked WC AA...very strange indeed.

Had that happen too. I've also had most ppl just attack me out of it and actually hit me. But online I blame lag. Offline...dunno what to say about it. Just more things working against a character that's already hard as hell to win with heh.

Well if it's sometimes blockable then I'd say it's not guaranteed.

I guess you can consider it an option that usually will hit.
Usually guaranteed? (haha)

Well if it's sometimes blockable then I'd say it's not guaranteed.

I guess you can consider it an option that usually will hit.
Usually guaranteed? (haha)

haha, yeah really... it's 90% guaranteed or your money back.

And yeah A+K is decent. Using it after a successful BB, limits your opponents retaliatory options since it TJs, catches step, and moves her forward. And it's safe so no harm in having it blocked.

I don't know if you've noticed this or not, but WC has a wide range for you to actually input commands. Or I guess I should say that you can "delay" attacks in WC by inputting later in the spin. WC isn't like AS or WL in that the commands in those come out at the same time everytime, no matter how you buffer them. Is it possible you were simply inputting the AA late?

Yeah, WC does have a decent sized delay window for inputting attacks. I watched the vid again and it doesn't look like I did it late, but it's possible that you could be right. I'll test it later and see if that's what could have happened.

edit: Yeah, I think you were right about inputting WC AA a tad too late. I tested it in training mode and I was able to block/duck the WC AA followup but the timing for that to happen is a bit strict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back