PS2 to xbox 360 converter?

scha

[09] Warrior
Has anybody had any luck hooking PS2 pads/sticks up to xbox 360s?

It's been said before, but I think it bears repeating: the 360's dpad is fucking horrible. I keep getting 4s when I want 3s! And I played X in SC2 and SC3; I think I know how to hit my goddam diagonals.

i need an adaptator too..
but i have the opposite problem, i play on ps3 but wanna adapt my pad in case of xbox play.
some people told me that converters suck bad, so i got up.. but i hope for decent ones.
have you ever tried this pad? the arrows are slightly better, i think is better than nothing.. never tested it, btw:
http://static.blogo.it/gamesblog/360controller_01.jpg
oh, somewhere there are sticks that work on both consolles.. from what i've heard.

most of the french players already ordered this converter and i think there s already a thread which talks about it

i forgot to mention that i got it and i never had any lag or lost of inputs with my ps2 and ps1 pad

Has anybody had any luck hooking PS2 pads/sticks up to xbox 360s?

It's been said before, but I think it bears repeating: the 360's dpad is fucking horrible. I keep getting 4s when I want 3s! And I played X in SC2 and SC3; I think I know how to hit my goddam diagonals.

Since the controls look like this:

I think the problem is you not the controller. 4 and 3 are on opposite sides of the dpad...

You know, if people actually hit the directions on the 360 controller where they are supposed to, as in right on the raised bumps that mark the directions, I think they would do fine. Also, the 360 dpad is much nicer for characters like Ivy that need alot of rolling motions.

I have the XFPS 360 Pro, which includes a PS2 to 360 adaptor. There is noticeable lag when connecting a PS2 stick. I don't play with pads, but from the people who've tried it there is slight lag, but not enough to make a difference (they can still do their JFs and the like).

I'd even be willing to sell it. It's been collecting dust for a long time.

Since the controls look like this:

I think the problem is you not the controller. 4 and 3 are on opposite sides of the dpad...

You know, if people actually hit the directions on the 360 controller where they are supposed to, as in right on the raised bumps that mark the directions, I think they would do fine. Also, the 360 dpad is much nicer for characters like Ivy that need alot of rolling motions.

umm, i know the conventions, thank you very much. not a noob. like i said, i played x in sc2 and 3, in tournaments, which means that 90% of the time i was going: 3A, 3B, 3B, 3B, 3A, 1A, 9K et cetera et cetera ad infinitum ad nauseum. and yes, my problem with the xbox dpad is precisely that it gives me inputs that are completely opposite from the ones that i press. to be fair, i play typewriter style, with my fingers hitting the pad sharp and fast, like i'm playing the piano. so it may be the kind of thing where i am pressing too hard and the dpad "rolls" in the opposite direction after my fingers relax. in that sense it might be my problem, as you say, and not the controller's. but i don't have the same issue on the PS controllers, which makes them superior controllers, at least for me. your mileage may very well vary.

heh. you know about controller preference. how's my old namco stick doing, chris? and when are you going to come to MA with a pack of skullsplitter?

the old namco stick is holding up just fine. got about 6 weeks left in the hockey season so once that comes close we'll set something up. i really should have visited by now

malek said:
I recommend adapter:

PS1/PS2 -> XBOX
360-acc-xconverter-c01l.jpg

http://www.renchi.com/renchi/Xbox_360_Accessories_XConverter_360.htm

PS3 -> XBOX
360-acc-cross-fire-converter-v01l.jpg

http://www.renchi.com/renchi/Xbox_360_Accessories_Cross_Fire_Converter_XCM.htm

Both tested, and 100% ok

http://www.8wayrun.com/f67/what-is-the-best-pad-for-the-xbox360-t6182/

Back