PS3 to 360 controller adapter being used at tournies.

Oboro

Namunamunamuna...
I've seen a couple players now using Xbox pads at PS3 based tournies including the Tira who just won Evo. Anyone know what they are using for an adapter? I had an old XMB but it had more than 1 frame of lag making slide JFs impossible.

I've seen a couple players now using Xbox pads at PS3 based tournies including the Tira who just won Evo. Anyone know what they are using for an adapter? I had an old XMB but it had more than 1 frame of lag making slide JFs impossible.
You asked exactly what I want to know! Great question.

You asked exactly what I want to know! Great question.

I was just wondering that as well. All of the converters I've heard of have input lag. I noticed his also had a plug-in for PS2 on it.

Looked like this one:

After watching the video I'm 90% sure this is the one, and at $6 it's a hard price to beat. Not sure if it will work on Sticks though, I might buy it and see how it works.

I think that one is to use the PS controllers on a 360 and not vice versa as I'm looking for isn't it?

I think that one is to use the PS controllers on a 360 and not vice versa as I'm looking for isn't it?

It does:
PS2 -> PS3
Xbox -> PS3
PS3 -> Xbox

Very versatile. I caved in and ordered one, I'll let you know how it is.

Here is a converter a friend of mine uses. It's expensive but apparently it's lagfree.
http://cronusdevice.com/
So from what I've gathered, Cronus was a new company that introduced it's cross-over adapters in the latest E3 show.

Cronus adapters come in 3 different flavours the regular one cost around ~$60 the cross fibre one ~$70 and there's the Cronus extreme priced around ~$100 + tax + shipping. Difference btwn the regular and cross-fibre is just the skin, the extreme edition is basically more on mods which you can customize your peripheral with.

As for input lag, Cronus has reported that it's input lag is @ an average of 1.2ms. You can find more details here.

As far as my search goes another adapter it may compete against is the Xim Edge but for now I'll save details on the Xim Edge for another post.

Regular Cronus ----- Cronus Extreme
cronus-main-home.png

So I did some google research as I did to Cronus and found what other supposedly 'good' adapter it can compare with. That's when I stumble across Xim in it's community boards when a user was comparing Cronus to one of the Xim products.

Unfortunately this product Xim3 is no longer available but Xim Edge is another product available for pickup and it's for both the Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles. It costs around $90 + tax + shipping.

For input lag, I've asked Xim's highly active community, they claim for Xbox 360 it's 8ms while PS3 is 10ms.

A thing to note is that Xim's community seems very highly suppportive of their products. They stand by their products and when ppl have questions or problems the tech users are ready to give answers.

Also in regards to the user comparing Cronus to one of the Xim products, for Cronus to have 1.2 ms input lag average is impossible and this is coming from a tech person with more than 5+ years of tech exp.

So this is their site http://xim3.com/ and for the Cronus vs Xim comparison you can go here.

Xim Edge
XIMEProductBanner.jpg

Back