Put up or shut up

Organous

[09] Warrior
I was going to make a poll for this, but because there's no option to vote for multiple things, I think it'd be counter-productive. I'm against bans for any unique characters (as in not custom or Bonus) regardless, but I'll at least respect the decision of a TO when it's done because attendance would plummet. For that purpose, here is my pseudo-poll.

Who would be your fundamental make-or-break character(s) that would determine whether you would attend or not? To clarify, state if you will absolutely not attend a tournament if Yoda is legal, only attend if all are legal, etc. This way, TOs can see what course of action would cost the least amount of players (any course is going to cause some people not to attend on either side).

For me, I will attend tournaments with bans solely because I need to have tournament experience to get better. However, I will continue to train against all characters and encourage my opponents in friendly play to use whoever they want.

Well I will boycott regionals/nationals because of their shenaniganry. You guys are a joke.

I dont play tournaments because I enjoy the game for the game. But, I would have to say should I ever want to attend one that I would like Yoda banned. Algol and the bonus chars are fine IMO, but yoda takes away SO MUCH of the real gameplay that it makes playing with him boring and monotonous. You cant throw him, you cant hit him with highs, you cant combo him, you can cheat with yoshi and stay on your pogo, run away, then teleport and repeat so he cant touch you. Hes just such a misfit character that I would hate to see him in a tourny.

as for me...yoda is defeinetly questionable. vader, bonus etc characters are fine with me. Codemaster is right though, yoda for sure takes some basic fundamentals out of the game itself. However I usually dont have much trouble against yoda. But if anyone has played offmatic's yoda you will have somewhat of a new respect for the little green fucker. But regardless of the potential of yoda's greatness, still he forces you to play entirley different going against every rule and habit you have developt since sc1!!

As long as you take twenty minutes to learn Yoda's moves and the moves that he can't deal with well, you're set.

You just have to adjust your game to deal with Yoda. It's the same with any character; you don't fight Astaroth the same way you fight Amy, for instance. In Yoda's case, you just have to dumb down your game and use lots of vertical attacks. I mean seriously, if the complaint is "Oh, I can't hit him with highs or throws!"... then don't use highs and throws!

I don't really care about the guest characters or Algol, so I'm fine playing in a tourney with no bans.

Never said I cant fight him...in fact its the opposite. I just hate the fact that your obligated to take out certain aspects of the game to play him. Thats my complaint, 'nuff said.

there is that thing with algol where people's argument for banishment was that his bubbles block your view. Thats a good point but.......I didnt even notice that until a couple weeks ago. so i thinks invalid

there is that thing with algol where people's argument for banishment was that his bubbles block your view. Thats a good point but.......I didnt even notice that until a couple weeks ago. so i thinks invalid

They only do so for a second or two at most, and they don't help Algol, either. Blocking the screen for a second does jack shit in a real match.

Never said I cant fight him...in fact its the opposite. I just hate the fact that your obligated to take out certain aspects of the game to play him. Thats my complaint, 'nuff said.

I don't like that you have to take certain aspects out of the game by banning them. Nuff said.

Personally I don't care as long as no "mainstream" character is banned.

Algol, Star Wars, and Bonus characters I don't care if they're banned or not. I'd prefer them banned for aesthetic reasons, but gameplay-wise I don't care at all.

now ban Sophitia or Mitsurigi, your tourney becomes a joke.
Ban Mina I kill you. ^_^

As long as you take twenty minutes to learn Yoda's moves and the moves that he can't deal with well, you're set.

Oofmatic proved to me with his Yoda play that it takes more than just that to beat someone who's put time into Yoda. But the character is definitely weak, and beatable by anyone that knows how. As it turns out, controlling distance and interrupting his strings is far more important than just spamming a few strong mids, as I had previously thought. The openings are there, though.

Oofmatic proved to me with his Yoda play that it takes more than just that to beat someone who's put time into Yoda. But the character is definitely weak, and beatable by anyone that knows how. As it turns out, controlling distance and interrupting his strings is far more important than just spamming a few strong mids, as I had previously thought. The openings are there, though.

That's what I meant. You just need to learn how to defend yourself against him (i.e. knowing his goddamn moves helps), and what moves your main has that works well against him besides BB.

I would ban only Algol. (not so much Yoda thinking about it now), customs and bonuses are fine by me. the variables make it that much more intresting

Back