Pyrrah seems to be a bit on the broken side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt go calling someone broken because someone using her has high win % online. Anyone can get high % with any char if they actually know their match ups and punnishers. i main raphael played +240 ranked matches solely with him and having a win rate of 86% at the moment. only 10 matches are with a different char (ezio) for the trophy. What i can agree with is that fuzzy guardable string pyrrha has are a bit to viable online with connection of 3 or lower. but in competitive play i dont think pyrrha is even near OP. solid mid high tier.

She's balanced by her lack of power. A good Pyrrha power has to consistently be ahead of the opponent and abuse mixups and mind games to come out on top. She can poke well in close-mid range, but you'll never win from just poking. Going up against Mitsu or Siegfried if you're not careful and you mess up BAM! more than 1/3 of your health gone. Pyrrha's best combos, which require meter, don't even do as much damage as a Siegfried's AAB combo I'd wager.

Fact is if you're unfamiliar with her, you're going to succumb to her mixups, plain as day. However the opponents that know when to block high and low can punish me easily, and usually far worse than I can.

I have to disagree with this point. Once you get to higher level competition poking is what wins matches. The game is young and not a lot of people properly know the full extent of each match up so the harder hitting characters are looking really really good now. But Pyrrah has a 14 frame dead zone guarded by 236b that gets even more dangerous once you can consistently land the JF follow up. So while at her core she doesn't do a lot of damage her ability to punish serves to keep the harder hitting opponents from using their harder hitting moves if it puts them past the -14 frame mark.

Yes, she does have her weaknesses. One being that if you can space her out and keep out of her aa range it does take away some of her options. But if you get too predictable while spacing her with your highs or your verticals you are going to eat a 236b or a 22k/b for your trouble. So I have to say I kinda agree with the TC, because if you were to take her weaknesses and list them in one colomn and then list her strengths in another you'd get a pretty lopsided list. And some of her strengths covers her weakness like the above where her punishing balances out her lack of genuine offensive power. But I wouldn't go as far as call her broken though, pretty close but quite there yet

I would probably have to say i disagree with pyrrha being broken. As everybody else has said if you keep her out at a distance shes screwed and a most people use a lot of her unsafe moves so beating her is a matter of playing keep away and playin a better mind game that whoever is using her. I learned all of this the hard way......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back