Pyrrha Ω Gameplay Discussion / Q&A

How do you know when to push 4 on DNSB: 4/NS :4? the tutorial says during hit but I've done it and just randomly get it working from time to time. Is there any visual cue or anything I'm missing to get it right?

There isn't any visual cue I can tell you of it's just a matter of practicing until you get a hold of the timing.

Technically I think when the poke hits, correct? The reason sometimes it works or sometimes it does not is because of your distance. Closer distance requires a split frame faster to input 4 simply because the poke hits the hit box earlier. Not sure; I am just going by my guess from training. I go by the the sword image between Omega and the opponent, that's when you hit 4. I practiced BK B:4 and 2B B:4 first then got the general idea and trigerred my muscle memory. DNS B:4 comes a lot faster, I think because I simply underestimate how fast Omega glides the DNS and how far that poke reaches. Even with all the training I stil don't get it lol

How to deal with Patroklo's running wake up game? 66B for ducking and standing, grab for stepping, and something else for grounded? I Block 66B, he's -2, can't punish, if he grabs, I only have 50% chance of breaking, I can't duck because risking eating a 66B is not worth it. Should I just stay grounded when he runs?

How to deal with Patroklo's running wake up game? 66B for ducking and standing, grab for stepping, and something else for grounded? I Block 66B, he's -2, can't punish, if he grabs, I only have 50% chance of breaking, I can't duck because risking eating a 66B is not worth it. Should I just stay grounded when he runs?
There's no great rule of thumb here. For example, one's options are much more limited after being grounded by A+G than by 3B → 236K. The only honest advice I can give is to hit the lab and test the different scenarios and see what does and doesn't work.

There are some specific things worth noting, however:
  • Pat's Run K is quite a bit easier to see than some others, but it can hop 2As and other lows.
  • There's no great answer to 11K on wakeup in almost any situation. 2B shuts down jumping.
  • 3B stops most rolls and does ridiculous guard damage. Watch for it and don't miss the punish.
  • Pat's hard-hitters (66B, 1B, 44A, throws) don't hit grounded, but do hit for a lot of damage against things like stepping or attacking on wakeup. Pat's options for getting you off the ground aren't nearly as strong: 1K, 11K (unsafe, low damage), 3B, 236K (unsafe, good damage), 2B, 44B, 2B+K (safe, low damage). From a purely numerical perspective, the odds favor staying grounded and forcing out the less safe options, although, if one finds oneself getting knocked down by Pat a lot, Pat's probably already winning.

Last edited:
OK, it seems staying down seem to be a decent option, I think I might have enough time to stand and block 3B in most cases, so I will just take a ground hit and then quickly get up and reposition myself.

By the way, how does poe work as an offensive character? Maybe I am using her wrong, but I don't feel she has enough tools to pressure her opponents. She has great punishing and whiff punishing tools, but I don't seem to have enough approach tools to use her offensively.
I mean, looking at patroklos it's easy to see why he is an offensive character because he's got safe stuff and great mix ups and mess with you at close range all day, but poe is quite unsafe or lacks utility.

Last edited:
I'm back and I almost forgot everything in the game but I think i'm still somehow decent
so how do I break guards? I remember (back)B is a good one and I think (jumping)A is another good one but I might be wrong lol
by the way if anyone's up for a challenge add me, my main is omega and I also use both Patroklos and Natsu

OK, it seems staying down seem to be a decent option, I think I might have enough time to stand and block 3B in most cases, so I will just take a ground hit and then quickly get up and reposition myself.

By the way, how does poe work as an offensive character? Maybe I am using her wrong, but I don't feel she has enough tools to pressure her opponents. She has great punishing and whiff punishing tools, but I don't seem to have enough approach tools to use her offensively.
I mean, looking at patroklos it's easy to see why he is an offensive character because he's got safe stuff and great mix ups and mess with you at close range all day, but poe is quite unsafe or lacks utility.
After taking a ground hit like 3B, 236K, 2B, 11K, you can tech back up, so you often have a few more wake up options after being hit OTG. Not that you should stay down every time, but it's nice to know.

As for aggression, the two easiest ways would probably be either guard damage (lots of 4B and pokes with guard damage) or grab spam. And there's her 70 dmg side grab, which you can mix up with sidestep then a mid like 33K or 33A+B. Omega isn't really designed to pressure opponents like Pat is, so I find it's better to have an active defense: JG or GI to discourage knee-jerk retaliation, interrupt them if they're not using their frame advantage or going for slower options (e.g. Pat's 66B, 44A and 1B are all i21/22), step more if they're being linear, TC under predictable grabs/highs. Don't always lock up under the mentality of 'it's his turn to attack now'.

I'm back and I almost forgot everything in the game but I think i'm still somehow decent
so how do I break guards? I remember (back)B is a good one and I think (jumping)A is another good one but I might be wrong lol
by the way if anyone's up for a challenge add me, my main is omega and I also use both Patroklos and Natsu
Check her Wiki, it has all the guard burst data. 4B, 66B and 8B+K get the job done quickest, but she has some great low risk pokes that'll gradually add GB damage, e.g. 6K, 1B, 22A, 3A+B.

When you guys 1st start learning the Greek fighters in any SC game, how do you usually practice to get the stab 4 input? Not even just frame, just the regular stab 4. I have been trying to play as Omega more often, but I can't maximize the damage because I always miss stab 4, and I don't know how to practice the 4 input effectively.

By the way, what are some good Omega vs Natsu and Maxi video to learn from?

Last edited:
Err... help? I still can't figure out a way to do stab 4 consistently outside of practice mode.
I don't think there's a secret trick to it, other than shitloads of practice. It's a gradual process.

You can use visual cues (i.e. look for when the sword enters their body) but you'll struggle to do this when there's a significant amount of lag, or you can just relentlessly mash it out in training until it's in your muscle memory, which should be more reliable but you'll have to be careful with how you buffer it. This is because when you buffer the 236B from blockstun, you'll end up hitting 4 too early since you inputted the stab before the stab actually came out, if that makes sense. Might wanna read that twice...

I'd imagine that the buffer window is often what trips people up with her stab, so it's worth spending time in training, not only practising raw 236B:4, but using the record feature to stab unsafe moves so you get used to punishing from various blockstuns. If it's more about your in-game nerves, you may just need to keep playing more matches until you feel more comfortable with your own character.

You mean when the first one trades with something?

You can get a DNS B > DNS B > DNS B combo if you catch them at tip range and they tech forwards or back. Not the max damage tech trap in this scenario but it looks funny.
The techtrap. But I did 22_88A DNS B.

A 2nd techtrap (after the quicker recovery/big stun DNS B), would be to use DNS K. Catches all directions.

Her auto GI gives nice guaranteed damage, but it doesn't seem to be as good as other people's auto GI. It only covers mid, and can't deal with piercing attacks, whereas apat's auto GI can work on piercing attacks, and cervantes could cover all 3 levels of either horizontal or vertical.

So many important mids she can't avoid. It sucks that I have to memorize the particular strings just to use this free GI effectively.

Last edited:
Her auto GI gives nice guaranteed damage, but it doesn't seem to be as good as other people's auto GI. It only covers mid, and can't deal with piercing attacks, whereas apat's auto GI can work on piercing attacks, and cervantes could cover all 3 levels of either horizontal or vertical.

So many important mids she can't avoid. It sucks that I have to memorize the particular strings just to use this free GI effectively.

you shouldn't be relying on aGI's anyway unless for specific situations like easy to read strings, reading things like Aeon 66A, countering Viola SET 44A BE, algol bubbles etc, and off the record Omega's aGI's are better than NM's, so there's that at least

Wtf? 3k doesn't track?
It kind of does IIRC, but not as well as normal Pyrrha's. It also doesn't track rolls as well as Pyrrha's does.

If you read a 2A or other common horizontal (66A, 3A, etc), you get a free 110 damage or something insane like that. Having the ability to "punish" a super safe poke for nearly half life damage is pretty sick.

If you read a 2A or other common horizontal (66A, 3A, etc), you get a free 110 damage or something insane like that. Having the ability to "punish" a super safe poke for nearly half life damage is pretty sick.
Costs a bar for the 110 damage combo (4B → CE), but she gets 86 with DNS B:4 or 81 with the easy 66B+KAB → DNS B combo. One of the more damaging aGIs for sure.

Back