Pyrrha Ω Match-ups

Yep Cervy has solid freaking frames. Definitely top 5 IMO.
I cant test it right now but I would guess A+B would GI it. Than again the window is rather small so you'd probably lose to a delayed BT B+K.

Again I cant test it out right now but maybe 44A would work. It back steps and side steps. It is rather slow though and not a large back step so you might get caught.
Or MAYBE (big maybe) an empty DNS would STC it and any throw attempt. Not sure if it would come out fast enough or super TC low enough to evade it but its worth a try.

I had no idea that DNS had STC properties as I've just gotten into Omega! I can test it out later but by the time I get home you may have already tested it. I would like to see if it works since killing off his BT mix ups off of 4b BE would be a huge loss for Vantez.

I had no idea that DNS had STC properties as I've just gotten into Omega! I can test it out later but by the time I get home you may have already tested it. I would like to see if it works since killing off his BT mix ups off of 4b BE would be a huge loss for Vantez.
That would be a huge win for us Omegans in the Cervy match-up Lol. You'll probably be able to test it first as Im out of town for the next week so I wont be able to play till Im back. Tell me how it goes!

Just did a bit of labbing. DNS will not go under either options.

Step 4K might actually beat both if you can get the timing down (easier if you step clockwise). Seems like a very small window.

B+K Does seem to work against 4B BE pretty well. Evades BT B+K and Grabs. Not sure if delaying would do anything.

vs Hilde?
Her spear tends to become a problem for omega's range, and when I try to counter with DNS B or 66B she always or almost always counters my counter-wannabe with 22/88B lol
any advices?

Don't poke at range against her. Unless I missed out on some huge change in the game while I havent been playing, hilde cannot space you effectively, so close distance in a safe manner then fight her from Ω's more effective ranges.

Anyone got any advice on the Astaroth MU?

There are certain moves I love in this MU. Like 3A+B (because it will TC a throw attempt and is often fast enough to interrupt him if he attacks, plus the pushback on block is so useful against Asty) and DNS B (because his block punishment sucks, not to mention it seems to be one of very few attacks that won't lose to bullrush BE).
If he charges bullrush at a distance, I sometimes just get frustrated and just interrupt it with my CE (it sounds risky, but the range on the CE and the invincibility frames make the timing fairly forgiving when it's fully charged). I wouldn't try this more than once in a match. It's just a way of sticking up a middle finger at bullrush so they think twice about abusing it.
I'm fully aware of how game-ending his wall combos are, so when my back's to the wall, I try to be very cautious in not giving him any CH damage, and I'll be furiously breaking B.
I do actually duck against him sometimes too because, fucking CE and command grabs. It seems like a decent tactic because most of his mids either need CH for big damage or they're slow enough to see.

Thing is, I can bait out the bullrush BE and the sidestep 22B BE > 28:B+G which does about 600 damage iirc, but then I only put myself in a position for him to just break my guard. His guard burst damage is just as disgusting as his risk/reward. I guess it's my fault for not being consistent at JGing 22B on reaction.

So other than practising to JG his stuff on reaction, has anyone got any tips for the MU that I may not have considered? I'd really appreciate it. At the moment, fighting Astaroth feels like a complete guessing game with huge consequences for guessing wrong. Sorry for whining about my hate for the MU, but I don't want to just accept that all I need to do in this MU is "guess right more often".

Yeah, I bring out DNS A if they get predictable with throws, but since it doesn't have great pushback I wouldn't spam it because I don't like it getting blocked. Else I'm practically saying, here, have another throw mix up.
Good shout though.

Me and holycarp found some nice-ish tech vs. Patroklos: If he tries to block punish DNS B with BB, you get a free 3B as the second B whiffs. Lol

Back