Pyrrha Ω Match-ups

Mandy

Yes, a guy.
Whenever I play one, no matter how good or bad they are they feel the same. I feel PO suffers a bit due to Mitsu's range being just a tad longer.

Side stepping his B,B and punishing or blocking it and countering seems to be working well, also ducking his A,A and punishing with B+K seems good too. Or going into it with 1A. After a few attempts at training it seemed like a more favorable matchup.

Just using this to plot down my thoughts. My brother decided to start using him yesterday and I looked like a scrub (he's been using Yoshi/Maxi since SC so it was an odd chance).

Nightmare, Sig and Xiba can be a pain. Everyone else feels pretty simple. Just sidestep spammy Mitsu/Raph and they become fairly easy as well. No one seems to like Viola, but it seems like she could be a pain as well.

Yeah Xiba seems to be a pain until I learn his moveset. His move set seems to be safe against PO if you dont finish any of his strings.

I got repeatedly smacked down by a Kilik using Xiba moveset on the 1st round when I first tried legendary souls using Oprah... wasn't a pleasant experience... =_=

Crazy range on his mid horizontals and incessant jGs was making it hell for me...

I just need to get the hang of them strings... hopefully with a few more beatdowns... I'll get the hang of countering that moveset... =_=

What the hell am I supposed to do with Algol? Is sidestepping really the only way to go?

Yeah Xiba seems to be a pain until I learn his moveset. His move set seems to be safe against PO if you dont finish any of his strings.

Xiba's nothing on strings. Xiba's pokes get lethal.

For example, his 6B K on block is a joke. 6B is the quick vertical strike (like Kilik's) with the stick that leads to big damage on counterhit, but on block most people have already inputted the K for the side stepping kick. You can safely AA the kick easily to break Xiba's habit. Once this is out of the way, one of his scarier CH combos are gone (6B K REM B 2A+B). If you get hit with the horizontal version (6A K) then watch for a REM B - you can tech roll that easily and he'll be completely unsafe.

Throwing out stabs will get you 3aB (the BOOM! shoulder) for RO/spacing reset and that's sadface. :(

Throwing out lots of BB/66B/etc will get you 4B (tech step high knockdown) and that's sadface. :(

4K will stop his 1A spam (low, long range sweep).

I'm trying to catch lobbing verticals with Poe's A+B (like Xiba's BB, 66BBB, etc). Not good at it yet..... :P

PS - Don't try to stab him in the rear when he tries monkey tail. You can't get the :4 so you might as well choose some other move for more damage.

Nightmare, Sig and Xiba can be a pain. Everyone else feels pretty simple. Just sidestep spammy Mitsu/Raph and they become fairly easy as well. No one seems to like Viola, but it seems like she could be a pain as well.

I think the Nightmare and Siegfried matchups are all in Omega's favor actually. They're both so slow and easily punishable. Apply pressure and throw in some of her TC moves like 66A, 44B. 4K stops both lows and TCs. And of course DNS A/B are givens. I've found that there's nothing they that really do unless you whiff something serious. Essentially, they're playing the same game as you (pressure + punish), just Omega seems to be more better at it.

As for Xiba, most of his moves can be heavily punished, especially when GIs (not Auto-GI, since it doesn't work against thrusting attacks). As weird as it might seem, I think Omega's tech jump attacks like B+K and 8B+K are really useful against Xiba as well. If you see him going for his lows, it might do you good to pop an 8B+K to make him think twice. 11A[A] unblockables are decent oki against him too.

DNS B doesn't TC unless you float in the stance first before doing it, same as every other game. I'm not sure which you meant, but please don't say anything that could perpetuate that myth again.

/edit/ also if you want reliable TC options NS_DNS A, 2A and 3A+B are probably the only ones in this iteration. 66A TC ends very prematurely, 44B isn't bad, but it also ends several frames before it hits and thus is likely to be interrupted by a near-trade high poke. 4K is a seriously bad move except as versus certain strings and usually at peculiar relative frames, I would not suggest using it much unless 1) opponent is an idiot and walks into slow CH highs a lot or 2) You both know a string it can get CH on and you expect it at the time you did it. 4[A] has a pretty good TC on it, but it is a dangerous move to use often. Likewise 8[B+K] and the reward for ducking a high here is also very limited.

Ok, did anyone test out her A+B properties? I'm trying to use it against Maxi stance bullshit and it feels like it loses to everything

Ok, did anyone test out her A+B properties? I'm trying to use it against Maxi stance bullshit and it feels like it loses to everything

it GIs all mids except ones considered 'thrusts' ...unfortunately, some mid kicks (and virtually all of Devil Jin's attacks) has this property... thus negating the aGI.

When playing Maxi... I'm always wary of using the aGI. When an opposing Maxi does end up being predictable-ish... and I start seeing them 'vertical nunchuck swings' in his strings ...I do what most average sophie player does and let the shield shine! ^_^

Viola's to punish them determines your reflexes but if you see her do a high ball 2B,B punishes it and if she does a low ball do 1,1A,A for a punish and if the ball is really far when she tries to low you can 8B+K,2K it for a nice punish.

How does she fare versus the rest of the TC heavy characters in the cast? I'm looking for someone to cover my Astaroth's ass.

Just fine unless they TC and sidestep at the same time, then she has to work a little more. Since she gets most of her damage off mids, TCs without other evasion aren't really that good against her. She does use highs primarily to stuff steppers, although 66A is a serviceable tracking mid. Also as asta, if you are fighting a character that TCs an awful lot, try crouch throwing them. It's the business vs. voldo and αPat.

How do you guys think Omega does against Cervantez? I'm sticking with 3 characters now and I use certain characters for certain match ups. Against Cervantez I don't feel that my other 2 fair well against him and I'm thinking that Omega may do well.

Omega can punish a lot of Cervantes' stuff so it will help you a lot. He can barely punish DNS B !
But Cervantes has tool to win, so be careful againt his iGDR, his pokes, his throw, and his aGI. 3AB is annoying too but is very unsafe.

Omega can do well againt Cervantes, yes. Just stabbing him. ( as punishment )

Ya Omega can hard punish his obviously negative things, but 3B is safe except for AA, BB (Pushback could get rid of these though) and her CE (If you feel confident punishing with CE though than that's a phenomenal punish), 2A+B is safe and 33B is uber safe.

Cervy's step killing options are mostly high's so DNS A and 3A+B are great option. And if he goes for 3A you can punish with DNS B:4 for 82 damage or a more consistent NS:4. That will stop him from using that.

Overall I think the match-up is only 6:4 in her favor. Im no expert though.

Ya Omega can hard punish his obviously negative things, but 3B is safe except for AA, BB (Pushback could get rid of these though) and her CE (If you feel confident punishing with CE though than that's a phenomenal punish), 2A+B is safe and 33B is uber safe.

Cervy's step killing options are mostly high's so DNS A and 3A+B are great option. And if he goes for 3A you can punish with DNS B:4 for 82 damage or a more consistent NS:4. That will stop him from using that.

Overall I think the match-up is only 6:4 in her favor. Im no expert though.

Checking Cery's frames and damn dude has amazing frames on a lot of his moves. I have no problem using CE for a punish since I usually use Ezio's CE for punishing moves.

Any ideas on how Oprah can deal with Cervy's 4B BE BT mix up? will her A+B be able to kill BT B+K?

Checking Cery's frames and damn dude has amazing frames on a lot of his moves. I have no problem using CE for a punish since I usually use Ezio's CE for punishing moves.

Any ideas on how Oprah can deal with Cervy's 4B BE BT mix up? will her A+B be able to kill BT B+K?
Yep Cervy has solid freaking frames. Definitely top 5 IMO.
I cant test it right now but I would guess A+B would GI it. Than again the window is rather small so you'd probably lose to a delayed BT B+K.

Again I cant test it out right now but maybe 44A would work. It back steps and side steps. It is rather slow though and not a large back step so you might get caught.
Or MAYBE (big maybe) an empty DNS would STC it and any throw attempt. Not sure if it would come out fast enough or super TC low enough to evade it but its worth a try.

A+B loses to thrusts, so no it wouldn't work.

I recommend either OS JGing the BT B+K or stepping and just taking the throw mixup. Of course, regular GI works too.

Back