Pyrrha Omega General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
=/ I thought she had Cassandra's shield bash. Crap, I love that move.

Shield bash is 4B. I don't like it at all.

After spending all day playing Pyrrha Omega and playing against Ramon using Pyrrha, I feel that Pyrrha is the stronger of the two. Pyrrha Omega brave edges aren't that good, she lacks a low that's scary, and her GB moves suck. On the flip side, she can do damage and combo easily into her CE.

I like her because she's not moe, has DNS B, and is more suited for the way that I want to play her. I can't wait to spend actual time in the lab with her to see what she is capable of.

Its quite interesting that u think the opposite of what we here thought. We thought regular pyrrha is better then omega :P. I guess atm its way too early to tell on a 1 day look basis :)

lool Well someone said that Omega Pyrrha is apparently over powered. But if she isn't OP, then that would be cool because I may want to use Omega Pyrrha in some tournaments. But like you said, we can't really tell anything on day 1.

well Malice, wasn't also the fact you were playing Ramon....like one of the best Sophitia players....I mean that also could be a factor, but you did pretty awesome on the stream yesterday.

Pyrrha Omega brave edges aren't that good, she lacks a low that's scary, and her GB moves suck. On the flip side, she can do damage and combo easily into her CE.

I like her because she's not moe, has DNS B, and is more suited for the way that I want to play her. I can't wait to spend actual time in the lab with her to see what she is capable of.

I'm in agreement on the brave edge moves, Anthony. Both require CH to combo, which is sort of a pain considering that you're using meter in the first place. The 1B brave edge isn't as unsafe as it's normal version, which I suppose is ok. With the 6B brave edge though, you get massive advantage on block. Oh, and CH 6B brave edge has 1AA as a big LOL tech trap.

She may not have a scary low, but she's still got 11AA and that's enough for me.

I don't have any idea how she stacks up to the rest of the cast, but she's definitely strong. Damage everywhere.

well Malice, wasn't also the fact you were playing Ramon....like one of the best Sophitia players....I mean that also could be a factor, but you did pretty awesome on the stream yesterday.

The matches with Ramon were so much fun. Pyrrha Omega still feels very foreign to me after playing SC4 Sophie for so long and Sophie pretty much staying the same character since SC1. She has some of Sophie moves, but alot of stuff is either different or sucks.

6B Brave Edge is the only BE that I use especially with the amount of + you get from it. Pyrrha's 6B BE is so much better.

Already I can see people are going to eat a lot of 1AA tech traps. When I tried to use 11AA, I would get hit out of it easily or stepped around. Now that movement is better in this game, it's easier to just step around and punish. I could also attribute that to the people that I was playing, but to me the move is not as good as it was in SC4.

But the girl can do damage without using any meter which I like. Definitely strong. And I love her 236A.

Shield bash is 4B. I don't like it at all.

After spending all day playing Pyrrha Omega and playing against Ramon using Pyrrha, I feel that Pyrrha is the stronger of the two. Pyrrha Omega brave edges aren't that good, she lacks a low that's scary, and her GB moves suck. On the flip side, she can do damage and combo easily into her CE.

Pretty much the same conclusion I reached after playing around with the two. Granted, I think we'll need more play before we can make the final judgment, but for right now, I think Pyrrha is better than Omega. Talking to Ramon last night, he didn't seem to think so.

hmm ... just curious, but why do people thing PO is OP [lol?] ...

I think there is a strong advantage with her 236b4 / 236b:4 ringout, but other than that ... I can't see -that- much of an advantage of using PO over regular Pyrrha?

Well pyrrha looks like she inherited more of the sisters traditionally fast/safe poke-y moves, TC options and can combo into CE from launchers while Ω appears to have more stuns/KNDs and generally hits harder when her moves connect. As mentioned before though, it will be hard to tell what the actual differences are till we have more info like frames, pushback, move ranges, number of blocks till guard crush etc.

Is it just me or does PO have the shortest move list EVER?

Such a barebones character.

I say just dump her meter into reGIs, GIs, and GI -> CE, and maybe random-frametrap CE. Her BEs suck.

True, for any character with high enough damage in a post GI situation holding gauge solely for GI might be a viable option.

I heard they reduced the move lists on a lot of characters. While I was fan of trying to adapt seemingly bad moves to different purposes, this should at least help the barrier to entry for new players hopefully.

Once I started seeing what Ramon was doing with Pyrrha and seeing how trash PO's brave edges were, I started holding my meter for GIs.

similar to a combo I posted earlier, I updated with another upload ... quite a bit of dmg, but pretty situational.

After playing hella matches tonight, I have to say I like omega a lot more than Tira. Much easier damage, faster pokes, and she looks good. I think I'll play her for a bit.

hmm ... just curious, but why do people thing PO is OP [lol?] ...

I think there is a strong advantage with her 236b4 / 236b:4 ringout, but other than that ... I can't see -that- much of an advantage of using PO over regular Pyrrha?

Pyrrha is the stronger character over Pyrrha Omega. I can see how strong she is over PO in playing Ramon who is the best Sophie player, and now he's playing a game that suits his style even more.

I'm just using Pyrrha Omega because she's cool looking, not moe, does lots of damage, and better suits the way I want to play this game.

I also bought the guide to SCV which has the frame data as well. It was cool to see that the assessment that they had of PO is pretty much the same as mine when I started playing her over the weekend.

As for the reduction in movelists, I'm good with it. Isn't like I used alot of moves with Sophie to begin with. Plus SC isn't supposed to be complicated to begin with, so I like that the movelists are not convoluted with junk that could seem intimidating to new players.

I intend to play O.pyrrha cause of her voice :P. cause (as i stated in other threads) im not very happy bout the roster, not much characters i like :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back