Pyrrha Punishment videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
added leixia to the first post. as mentioned in the description, I used elysium instead of pyrrha. why? ... someone on youtube suggested I create a CaS because they didn't like pyrrha's voice when she stabbed. Being a person of the people, I try to accommodate everyone, so I used elysium instead ... who apparently has shorter range on her AA [found out after I finished the vid]. anyway, all the punishments are the same except with leixia's 22b, which pyrrha's AA punishes pretty consistently with, instead of just a single A.

this character is so stupid. she has so many safe moves that do a LOT of guard burst damage. looking at the guide, she has 5 moves that break your guard in 5 hits, 3 for 6 hits and 3 for 7 hits, including her very safe and very evasive wr b,be.

to put things into perspective, pyrrha only has 1 move that breaks guard in 5 hits [66b,be] and the next after that is 8 hits. woop dee do. maybe I should pick up leixia and break guard all day hah.

hey Kane I saw the Nightmare punishment one. nice vids you are putting up

I wanted to mention a couple things in case you are unaware. NM's NSS b:A has a sidestep+TC on it and GS A can auto GI Bs and linear kicks.

If you block NM's 3(B) and he does NSS b:A it will beat your stab due to the sidestep. I think NSS b:A may also evade the 3A+B punish on NM's WR B (sometimes though you have to try regular NSS bA too cause the timing of the sidestep can vary). Also, if you block NM's 1A6 from a further distance his GS A will auto GI your 236B I believe.

^ hmm, I'll look into it ... a lot of that sounds like gibberish to me right now since I don't know the character XD

as far as the pyrrha 3a+b punish ... she can also do 3a, which tc and tracks both ways .. I just used 3a+b because it does slightly more dmg

~~

but I'll look into testing some of that stuff later on tonight. =]

added maxi to the 1st post ...

will do sieg next =] ... sorry, it's taking a while -_-

jeebus, was going to release the sieg vid, but it seems there is a patch coming out next wed on the 21st ... supposedly a lot of balance changes ... so I'll hold off on releasing any vids until then.

in the meantime, I will probably have to re-do certain characters ... such as Tira [supposedly she is getting about 30 changes to her movelist, etc].

I think you forgot to add that every single characters FC K is STAB PUNISHABLE ON BLOCK! Does it make any sense? No but enjoy that 63 damage off of a FC K poke. :D

I put most generic 2k's in there ... I didn't think fc k was also necessary. I also omitted most bt 2k's as well.

I think you forgot to add that every single characters FC K is STAB PUNISHABLE ON BLOCK! Does it make any sense? No but enjoy that 63 damage off of a FC K poke. :D

as a pyrrha player, speaking on behalf of the pyrrha community, it makes tons of sense to us ;) the only thing that does not make sense is why stab is not a launcher that can RO and lead into 100+ meterless combo, that is the real tragedy

as a pyrrha player, speaking on behalf of the pyrrha community, it makes tons of sense to us ;) the only thing that does not make sense is why stab is not a launcher that can RO and lead into 100+ meterless combo, that is the real tragedy

If you can hit the just frame reliably Omega near a wall or ring edge gets pretty close to this.

I won't deny that I've won a few close battles because I blocked a low kick at the end, muahahaha!

I won't deny that I've won a few close battles because I blocked a low kick at the end, muahahaha!

haha same here

and yes omega has that, she also has stupid hard combos to perform due to DNS which i am not interesting in whiffing hundreds of times lol fuck that, pyrrha is the only girl for me

sieg seems to be popular eh? ...

well, added sieg to the 1st post. it's quite a long vid compared to the others ... it's no surprise I've been putting it off hah.

Couple things you missed on the Siegfried video:
3A's safety depends on the range it hits you at. Its only 236B punishable up close. Further out, best you can do is AA, and at absolute tip that won't have enough range.
22BB can push you out of 236B punishment range too. You only recorded it next to the stage edge.
3{B} into anything - 22K beats all chief hold attack options (though its not a guaranteed punish of an empty 3{B}).
Just guarding 3{B} gives you a guaranteed 236B.
Stepping a SSH BBB gives you a 66B BE on whiff.
2{A+B} on block, you're taking a risk doing 236B to interrupt SBH K BE, as a chief hold transition will side step the 236B, and if they stay in base hold it'll auto-gi any horizontal fast enough to interrupt SBH K you attempt to use to counter the step.
Punishing his CE with your CE, this only works fairly close together, I think only if the initial sword downswing touches you.

hi.

I'll have to test out some of those.

- sieg obviously has a lot of range. there are situations with long range chars where things will whiff, but block punishment is still block punishment. I try to include the hit and whiff visuals for the really important [abused] moves. also see bottom note on this post

- 22k doesn't beat 3b, but I know a lot of sieg players don't use raw 3b often. I also did not want to include 236b punish for raw 3b in case people might get into the habit of using that, only to get owned up by sch k or sch k,be. yes, jG'ing 3b may give free 236... but jG'ing anything he has will probably do the same. I'm pretty sure people aren't going to be jg'ing his 3b on reaction anyway.

- stepping ssh bbb gives 66b,be ... but 66b,be, 22bak is 84 damage. 22k,236b:4 is 85 damage, with no meter ... so I believe this is the better option.

- I did include in my description about sieg's stance changes evading some punishes, which I will paste the description excerpt here: " there may be some places where he can get out of punishments using stance cancels instead of going for the fastest possible move ... but I'll leave those up to you to learn, as this is a punishment video, not really an in-depth guide to defeating siegfried"

- I think punishing ce with ce distance should be pretty self explanatory ... sieg's has full screen range heh.

overall, the video is quite long ... the finished product came out to be 900mb after compression [close to 200 gb pre-compression]. I tried to take shortcuts to cut down on length, size, editing, encoding and uploading time [such as showing distance on ce vs ce example]

overall I hope I didn't disappoint. =]

- 22k doesn't beat 3b, but I know a lot of sieg players don't use raw 3b often. I also did not want to include 236b punish for raw 3b in case people might get into the habit of using that, only to get owned up by sch k or sch k,be. yes, jG'ing 3b may give free 236... but jG'ing anything he has will probably do the same. I'm pretty sure people aren't going to be jg'ing his 3b on reaction anyway.

- stepping ssh bbb gives 66b,be ... but 66b,be, 22bak is 84 damage. 22k,236b:4 is 85 damage, with no meter ... so I believe this is the better option.

22K sidesteps 3{B} B, 3{B} KK and 3{B} K BE, and ducks under 3{B} AA. Its the followups that it beats on a blocked 3{B}, which prevents him from just throwing out 3{B} into chief hold shenanigans, as it beats the entire stance. Its also not all that hard to fuzzy just guard 3{B} and 236B it on reaction to that. And since nobody really uses a raw 3{B}, this is great, as it nets you that hefty 22K 236B:4 damage.

The 66B BE option for whiff punishing SSH BBB is more when they whiff it from the front, you can just run up and do it. For sidestepping, I'd agree that 22K 236B:4 is superior outside of ring out potential from the 66B BE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back