Pyrrha Q&A/General DiscussionThread

Hi there. I switched from Leixia recently and I am enjoying Pyrrha way more. But there are some things that I am specifically having trouble with, like characters that go crazy on oki. The only two things I miss as Leixia are the cool wall combos and the ability to shut down people who go crazy on oki. As a specific example, I just fought a Maxi who would knock me down, and then inflict crazy amounts of damage on me while I tried to get back up, and often just put me right back on the ground. I'm not trying to mash attacks or anything, I'm just trying to avoid damage and get up safely, and I end up taking shitloads of damage and getting knocked back down instead. What do you guys generally do about that?

You pretty much have the option of teching right away in a specific direction then block. or just lie on the ground and block any attacks that come your way. It's not really a Pyrrha-specific oki-defense.

There's also the option of not getting knocked down in the first place...

just wondering, why does pyrrha's back throw do so little damage? am I supposed to follow up with a combo like her A throw?

Try 6B+K. Should stuff a lot of mindless backdash attempts. 66A and 66B should work too if they try to run away when you are at + frames.

Try 236B too. It has surprisingly long range, and it being 14 frames means you'll catch them sooner in their backstep animation than with other backstep killers, meaning they'll be closer, usually close enough to make it work.

To add to what Fenris said, it's -4 on guard, but it has similar recovery time to a lot of other characters' -2 moves. You'll catch people who aren't wise to it, but people who are (especially offline) won't let you get away with it much.

how does pyrrha set up her ass bump tech trap? is it worth doing?
That's her BT B+K. You can do one after 33B, but that's pretty much the only time it's guaranteed. It has pretty good ring out range, but other than that it isn't overly useful in combos. It is a pretty good back turned interrupt though.

I am more talking about knockdowns that give pyrrha enough time to jump over the enemy and do butt hump tech trap. we already know about the easy go to combo, but I remember someone applying it in tech traps

Back