Raph Video Thread.

A few vids of DTN's Raph. I never grow tired of watching these.

6BB~A+B+K, Auto-evades, solid 66B zoning... A simple but very effective style.

Japan expo 2004 :

vs Alukard

vs Hayate

vs Kayane

another match vs Kayane from another tournament :

Every time I watch them, I can't help but think SC3 really dragged Raph down.

I remember KDZ playing some solid Raph too. I'll try to find and post them too.

vs Alukard

I dunno if this was a glitch or something but in the Ivy fight, the game starts them off in different parts of the arena.................. how, HOW, HOW the FUCK did I not notice this in the game before?

Pre post posting edit: I checked some other fights... O....M.....F....G..... a detail that was right in my face for years went totally unrecognized. Do all Caliburs do this? I dunno but I may actually check.

I rewatched the vids and it's the case for every fight. Could it be different from a version to another ?

I rewatched the vids and it's the case for every fight. Could it be different from a version to another ?

Or simply something I've never noticed. I'm quite scatter brained and thick skulled. Many things slip by the ol' Bojack unnoticed for years.

www.twitch.tv/relytgg <- Raph vid @ 29:00, 47:30, 50:00, 1:26:00, 1:30:30, 2:02:00, 2:49:00, 2:50:00, 2:53:00 of a vid called Soul Calibur vod 6/17/2013

Last edited:
Or simply something I've never noticed. I'm quite scatter brained and thick skulled. Many things slip by the ol' Bojack unnoticed for years.

www.twitch.tv/relytgg <- Raph vid @ 29:00, 47:30, 50:00, 1:26:00, 1:30:30, 2:02:00, 2:49:00, 2:50:00, 2:53:00 of a vid called Soul Calibur vod 6/17/2013

Wow...is this a dream where Raph had + on hit lows, godly range, good tracking, and air combos , etc?? Nope it's the remnants of Raph a decade ago. Anyway, is it just me, or did his 66B (today's 3B) actually track?? That version blows SC5 3B completely out of the water lol. I should have loved that move more back then.

I dunno if this was a glitch or something but in the Ivy fight, the game starts them off in different parts of the arena.................. how, HOW, HOW the FUCK did I not notice this in the game before?

Pre post posting edit: I checked some other fights... O....M.....F....G..... a detail that was right in my face for years went totally unrecognized. Do all Caliburs do this? I dunno but I may actually check.
It does this in SC2. I. SC4 and 5, you start in the same spot. I'm not so sure about SC3, though. I think it does it also but I can't remember.

Anyway, is it just me, or did his 66B (today's 3B) actually track?? That version blows SC5 3B completely out of the water lol.

He kept nailing 66B on CH though, so I don't know if he's catching people backstepping, side stepping or starting their own attack since the resolution on the CH is not high enough for me to identify, but the damage taken was a big chunk.

DTN vs hayate from 4:30 was pretty entertaining from just simple zoning + 66B pressure. SC5's 3B doesn't have nearly the same range because
Raphael doesn't take such a large step forward, and yet both moves are i16. Incredible. Look at 4:05 DTN vs alukard. That will only work with 236B in SC5.

Raph 66B is also 2G-able on whiff. This is incredibly important.

Although I think you have to do the run cancel after it so it's like 6(6)B 2G to get to work if memory serves. It's been a long time since I seriously played this game. Even my Raph knowledge is rusty.

Last edited:
He kept nailing 66B on CH though, so I don't know if he's catching people backstepping, side stepping or starting their own attack since the resolution on the CH is not high enough for me to identify, but the damage taken was a big chunk.
66B damage : 35NH, 42CH.
Not that much compared to SCV3B, but quite a lot considering the speed and reach.

DTN vs hayate from 4:30 was pretty entertaining from just simple zoning + 66B pressure. SC5's 3B doesn't have nearly the same range becauseRaphael doesn't take such a large step forward, and yet both moves are i16. Incredible. Look at 4:05 DTN vs alukard. That will only work with 236B in SC5.

It's the move I miss the most in sc5. I think it would fill the gap between 22B and 66B. And it's fun to use.

Back