Raphael Pre-Release General Discussion

Things to investigate:

• How to exploit the evades
• Are the canterella needles actually decent at catching step?
• How to bait out reactionary RE-counters (step attempts/GB) with Shift stance.
• Using prep~RE to beat out mids/lows ?
• Figuring out his best horizontals

I plan to thoroughly test these inquiries. I'm thinking QP can enter its attack series without GI confirming (Quick Parade B) in this game. Like Maxi's Wavering Light KK, BB, etc.

How do you guys feel about the omission of Ebony Stock from the game? Any miscellaneous thoughts?

I'm loving the just frames on both 236B and 214B though.

I'll miss it as a quick wall combo transition. At least he still has 2A, which had about the same startup and range.

What I don't like is losing Dark Abyss. It's a far cry from the useful SCC guard break version in SC2 but it was still fairly important as high damage oki. If he had his really old 3B it might not be a problem but this new 3B, I'm not sure if it hits grounded. If it doesn't what will his oki game be like? How do we catch people rolling around?

I wished SCV 3A stayed. It seems Raph will not be as strong at the wall in SCV unless 66B can wall splat on NH (it stuns on CH and RO at least on NH) or he has some other wall combo set ups. 3A being old SC2 3A better have improved frames on hit and block.

Dark Abyss actually became the third hit of Prep BBB. The best ground hitting moves will probably be 66A+B, B4, 2A+B, b2B, and 1K. Raph benefits greatly from backing up after KND and forcing the enemy to come him. SCIV and SCV 3B didn't hit grounded anyway; besides, I feel it's appropriate for him to lack oki game as honorable fencers invite their opponents to get up from the ground or even pick up their dropped weapon.

I saw it stun on CH in one video. However, I've never seen 4B with Prep entry. Maybe it stuns on NH when held down?

It definitely appears to stun on CH, which makes me partially retract my statement. However seemingly not being able to prep out of would be a bummer as well.

I def stunned my opponent tonight w ch 4b. Also 1b is amazing though i think its negative on hit as a prep entry. Also i got a ring out on my oppononent when their back was to a wall with 3b. I only got like 4 games in with him but so far im liking what i see

I def stunned my opponent tonight w ch 4b. Also 1b is amazing though i think its negative on hit as a prep entry. Also i got a ring out on my oppononent when their back was to a wall with 3b. I only got like 4 games in with him but so far im liking what i see

Welcome back youngfox!! 1B will be a great bait attack as we can enter aerial shift or prep to confuse people. Does 4B still enter prep and still guarantee prep BBB?

Yea its been a minute since ive checked the site lol. So i was at the ring out event and didnt test too much as all stations were stick and my opponent was my gf lol. I didnt try to enter prep off of 4b sadly.

Back