Raphael Tech Trap Discussion

Had a bit of a laugh when i realized his jump attacks could be used to tech trap

33B(CH)
  • 8A, All but left, 60 damage
4(B)BBB (or similar CH property)

• 8B, All but left, 73 damage
22B

• 8A, All but left, 48 damage
  • 8B , All but left, ~52 damage
Others

66B+K 1A, Front and left, 42 damage
22B (slight delay) 66A+B, 55 damage

Havnt tested these on all characters
Sorry if this was already known

Good stuff. Gotta figure out what catches on the left side, as 33KB works pretty darn good against the right rollers. A+BA gets disrupted really easily by any tech.

Well i did find some moves that would tech left in game

66(B)~Prep [Just at the end of prep] Prep K, All but right, 45 Damage (~97 damage with Prep K BE)

22B, 33A - All - 44 Damage

CH 33B, 33A - All but right - 55 Damage

CH Prep K, 33A All but right - 42 Damage

They may not be great but at least they exist.

Prep K BE>236B tech traps all but right. It does a whopping 117 damage, and that's without the Clean Hit. I tested it against Edgemaster (Nightmare style), so it may not work on all characters. Let me know if it doesn't.

Edit: Prep K BE>66B, Prep A+B tech traps front and back tech and does 128 (for some reason, front tech does 2 more damage). I used the same tests. This one puts you into Prep though, so it's more risky.

Also, for the first tech trap it turns out you need to wait just a bit to hit back tech, but if you do that on left tech it won't hit. Front tech gets hit during both situations. It's weird. The Clean Hit version does 128 damage. You guys should check this one out because I might be messing up the timing or something.

A few tech traps off 66(B) at the end of this video.

The dash forward, A+BA one is interesting

Here's a fun and dirty one I might as well share:

66A+B, BT B, 44A+B

There are a few situations where it doesn't work, like if you're flush against the wall or if they AC as far away as possible after BT B, but otherwise it works quite well.

Thnx to ZUZU i was messing w the traps after 4(B) prep bbb and found that FC 3b catches to the left for 77 dmg. I only tested on pyrrah but the dmg of those traps are pretty gd. ill try to see if i can find some others.

big guys only i think, similar scenario following the crumple stun from 3rd hit prepBBB CH.

Anyone ballsy enough post 33B CH to run up and try 2_8B+K ? You're usually in ranged for A+BA, 66A+B to followup.

The timing is more forgiving then trying it post CH prepK. A+BA is a lil bit tougher because somehow they're farther. 3(B)~prepBBBE or 3(B)~prepA(B) seems to be more reliable.

I think testing it post 3rd hit stun prepBBB, 33KBE catches pretty much all left tech and 85A+BA catches pretty much all right tech. Now you need to actually delay the A+BA input a slight bit.

All of the above tested on pyrrha.

4(B)BBB or SEB 3B BBB
And then 33K B or 33KBE
Is a tech trap from all directions.

Attachments

• _at__rage__by_alice_madness-d3lihar.png
    _at__rage__by_alice_madness-d3lihar.png
    530 KB · Views: 284
Back