Raphael Tech Trap Discussion

I wouldn't call this much of a tech trap, but if you ever land 66a+b, then do bt b, 44a+b. Alot of times they get up into it.

Though I should point out that you shouldn't ever be doing 66a+b.

I hate that I can't crimson moon people out of the air anymore. And you are right, it is good against grounded enemies, and there is the off chance of doing the launch, but I would never use it on a standing opponent.

You can still do THAT. In fact, imo crimson mooning pyrrha out of her air UB is one of the steeziest things you can do, but in SC4 you could sometimes CM off of 66a+b, and it was one of those "ohhhhhhhh" moments.

You mean 1A is a TT off both those moves? Or just the CE?

About 66A+B, I think the move is actually fine to use for once. It's 66B+K that sucks balls; narrow hit area, unsafe, very little you can do with it on hit. I was hoping this move might have some TT applications like Amy's in SC4, but so far I haven't found anything.

I like 66A+B for left and back rollers and A+B for right. At the wall it's the 11K/1B/throw game.

Okay, I don't know if these are real tech traps or if the training dummy is just retarded, but I've managed to get just about any mid to tech trap off of 22_88B. If this is legit then the applications of this move just keep going up.

The window is very small; you have to time the move to hit almost the second the opponent goes face down and if you're too late then they'll guard it. Also for the less tracking moves like 3B you may have to step a little to the side to ensure the move doesn't miss completely.

22_88B:

3B, Prep BB
66A+B (this might be a good RO setup if Raph's back is to the ring edge)
66B+K
11_77K
33_99KB or 33_99K,BE (best damage option if you have the meter, don't forget to follow up)
33_99A
FC3B
44B
22B (does not re-stun)

i just know that after CE 1A is counted in consecutives hits so its either TT or combo and its the only move i found to get enough range/speed :|

After Prep :B::bA+B+K: (or any variation) :CE: seems to combo from any ukemi. Further testing is needed, but I am relatively sure of this as the combo counter continues. Expensive tech trap, but meh, found it. I figured I would post it.

After Prep :B::bA+B+K: (or any variation) :CE: seems to combo from any ukemi. Further testing is needed, but I am relatively sure of this as the combo counter continues. Expensive tech trap, but meh, found it. I figured I would post it.

it works only right or front ukemi but pretty good.

and... after 66B+K, variety options for ukemi trap.
right/front : 2K
left : 1A
right/left : 2K (slightly wait = 44dmg)
right/front : can CE (slightly wait)
back : 3B (YEAH!!!)

After the new CH prepBBB stun (after 4(B)~prepBBB or SE B, 3(B)~prepBBB), 33KB or 33K BE is a really strong tech trap. Obviously you get nothing if they just roll.

Normally you do a quick 8, A+BA and try to get the ground damage but if they tech it becomes really hard to time so you may opt to risk catching them teching.

A+BA and 66A+B catches rollers/techers in the opposite directions and unless you're absolutely sure they're going to tech then you should toss out 33K BE, 2B for a big catch.

Cool info.

This isn't a trap, but 663B after the CE or after 66A+B B dealssome good damage. I think they may roll/tech away, though.

33KB seems to unfortunately not work on smaller characters (since i only tested originally on raph vs raph).

Anybody with testing and their own results ?

33KB seems to unfortunately not work on smaller characters (since i only tested originally on raph vs raph).

Anybody with testing and their own results ?

Will try to test as well

but i have a feeling... the list goes like this

all males + ivy works
all females doesn't work

I know this is true with certain combos in the game. (by other characters)

-LAU

Had a bit of a laugh when i realized his jump attacks could be used to tech trap

33B(CH)
  • 8A, All but left, 60 damage
4(B)BBB (or similar CH property)
  • 8B, All but left, 73 damage
22B
  • 8A, All but left, 48 damage
  • 8B , All but left, ~52 damage
Others

66B+K 1A, Front and left, 42 damage
22B (slight delay) 66A+B, 55 damage

Havnt tested these on all characters
Sorry if this was already known