• Final Fantasy

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Claymore

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Soul Calibur

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters
Let your creativity soar"!

I'm all for creating cross play characters, do whatever you think looks good, just be able to tie back to the original brief.

I'd be happy to participate in this, although I'm not to fond of recreating comic book characters I'm sure their will be many more challenges on here that I'd be interested in!

I have so many comic book characters but a lot of others from different games such as Alucard from Castlevania. So is the challenge to make a Gambit right now?

Man, it's hard to make characters with large jackets!

gambit1.jpeg

This guy took a couple of trials. At first he looked really good with Cervantes' undersuit, but you can't put any stickers on that so the final result lacked the red undershirt. In the end I just made his skin blue and worked my way out with stickers. I'm somewhat pleased with the final result, though I don't think the you can appreciate the colorwork with my iPod pictures.
Gambit.jpg

Yes, that's Alpha and not Xiba. There's two reasons I chose this fighting style: personality and equipment. Gambit's too much of a badass to use Xiba's rustic and unsophisticated style, and the already clunky jacket looked even bulkier with Xiba's rough animations. Alpha, on the other hand, gives just the right feeling, even if the weapon is not at all accurate.

The final result is a sleek-looking character with quite a lot of stickers. I took special care of the colors to mimic the shading style of the original Marvel vs Capcom, with highly saturated dark colors giving a metallic look to darker pieces. I used the tiger pattern on all the cloth items to make them look worn, contrasting with the shinny and crisp metal items. I'm very pleased with the colors and he looks great in-game. Item choice was a bit hard, especially the greaves and the jacket. I replaced the ninja mask thing on the forehead with two stickers, just because he's bulky enough as it is.

I'm surprised to see how well he turned out, definitely a keeper.

Gambit-stance.gif

Last edited:
I agree with styles having to match personality and stuff. Like when I was making Vega, people said Voldo but I thought it looked way too creepy and unnatural which not appeal to Vegas grace. So I went with Raphael since I thought it suited his nobility, agility, elegance and thought the petals in the CE was a perfect touch.

Thus I have no DLC making my CaS limited. But I try my best to whatever extent.

I vote for KokoYoshi's. I like how he didn't go for a straight-on recreation but instead made a medieval-ish version of the character to kinda "fit" better in the game.

I vote for Norik's. He seemed to put a lot of thought into this. Also liked how he made it a point how he used alpha's style instead if xiba's.

Voting wont start till sunday, unless you guys really want it to. Then after voting will be after everyone has posted their work.

Koko Yoshi's Soulcaliburized version.

Accrate recreation with Gambit is pretty straightforward (even Xiba moveset fits the character imho) so Koko Yoshi's unexpected equip selections win the day

First Recreation Challenge -Gambit
Winner - Norik !! Well Done
You are now free to choose the next challenge.

Awesome!

Ok, the one thing I have trouble with on CaS is boys and teenagers, so let's see if you guys can figure this one out...
PIT (KID ICARUS)
UprisingPit.jpg
Pit's_profile_pic.jpg
3DS_KidIcarus_3_char10_E3.png

Have fun! Voting begins next Friday.

Back