Ring-Out!

gotta love ivy lauchers

CH WP 3,SE k,b+k6

CH CL 1a, WP 3b+k

CL a+b,a+k[a], WP 1b+k, 3b+k, ]a[ (may need to back dash after a+k if too close)

I hate ring outs. I understand it is a part of the game, But nothing is more annoying than being cornered by nightmare at the edge of a stage. If wanted to play with ring outs, I will pop super smash bros. in.

Whether your character has a ro game or not it's part of the game and must be accepted. It teaches you spacial awareness and is another skill to develop if you want to succeed. I personally don't care for ro's in fighting games and wished certain characters weren't balanced around them. But that's a minor disagreement and not something I generally think about when I'm playing the game. I can take it or leave it. No game will ever have everyone agree on all its elements.

like i told a guy who sent me a message about how im a fag for ROing him...

Go play Tekken

No offense to people who play that game. Just saying if you don't like 'em play another game and leave us alone.

Yeah, RO is part and parcel of SC4, although I'm pissed off by the fact that Kiliks and other characters are so awesome at ROs. Damn!

If people can learn how to not get reverse RO-ed by Nightmare/Apprentice/Amy/Vader/Siegfried/Asta etc.etc.etc. Shouldn't have a problem with avoiding RO from Kilik.
Edge to your right. Press B.
Edge to your left. Press A.

If you can't remember that, or choose not to dedicate that much brain power to the game. Then just don't play against people who do.

I think it is really lame to chose stage atleast on ranked if you care about it, i know most of you here hate online and online ranked even more. Most of the time it is faster to creat then to join a game you shouden't have to give the other player the advantage of shosing stage just becouse you don't want to wait a few mins more. I'm not saying that it is lame to aim for RO or depend on the walls to protect you, if i get the chans to RO someone ofc i will take it. I woud say that Taki's RO's are very underestimated becouse she has stun combos that can push someone quet far if they can't shake them, she has the unblockable bomb that can RO not to meantion 8KKK. She can also RO when she her self is by the edge with the dubble bomber (6A+B B) and ofc followed by some air jugles. She can easily get behind the other player by simply jumping over then or a side windroll. Don't really know if you woud agree with me that her RO tricks are good but i think so atleast.

I love ring outs!

Nothing gets my group more excited than a clutch victory eked out by a well peformed RO.

Like yesterday at my friends house, close game between my Xianghua vs. Ivy. Two rounds won each and both of us were below half health. I tricked him into getting close to the ledge, but he was on the offensive... one well timed 44:B: and I just barely managed to ring him out. Having never rung out with this move before (at their house, anyway... online is a different story), everyone went "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Good times.

you can beat the h*ll out of your opponent and they can kill you wit a ring out, i choose the wall stages least i know i lost cause my opponents better :D

but it honestly dont matter to me wall or no walls love the comp, and the game SC universe.....^_^

like i told a guy who sent me a message about how im a fag for ROing him...

Go play Tekken

No offense to people who play that game. Just saying if you don't like 'em play another game and leave us alone.

yea. RO is an important part of SC, so if anyone doesn't like it, they should play something else.

the best part is when you KNOW someone is trying to ring you out, and you ring them out instead haha

yea. RO is an important part of SC, so if anyone doesn't like it, they should play something else.
Yes, these folks should play 2D fighting games.

Btw, RO has it's funny moments too, though.
Like once Apprentice did some attack which flipped over the edge and RO himself.
And once, Yoshi did that spin-sword-and-hover-in-air until he reached the edge and then fell straight down from there. LOL!

i love ringing out, even when im fighting against hilde, i take it with a grain of salt, teaches you how to be patient and not whiff any fucking attack against your opponent, especially hilde.

I think it is really lame to chose stage atleast on ranked if you care about it, i know most of you here hate online and online ranked even more. Most of the time it is faster to creat then to join a game you shouden't have to give the other player the advantage of shosing stage just becouse you don't want to wait a few mins more.

finally someone says this... no problems with Ringouts (well, some people on ranked create their entire playstyle around this option, not a single guard, just spamming some RO-heavy mixup all the time until it hits) in general, but I really get angry if some spamvantes manually chooses the cage, just to not have to worry about me sidestepping his teleport thingy (M. Bison one, no idea what it's called) and therefore spamming that crap. Or if that Siegmare manually chooses the raft... Alright that they got more RO options than my Taki, but fuck, there's no reason in hell why they should have the advantage of choosing a stage which favors them. Just use random stage, and I'll take whatever I get.

finally someone says this... no problems with Ringouts (well, some people on ranked create their entire playstyle around this option, not a single guard, just spamming some RO-heavy mixup all the time until it hits) in general, but I really get angry if some spamvantes manually chooses the cage, just to not have to worry about me sidestepping his teleport thingy (M. Bison one, no idea what it's called) and therefore spamming that crap. Or if that Siegmare manually chooses the raft... Alright that they got more RO options than my Taki, but fuck, there's no reason in hell why they should have the advantage of choosing a stage which favors them. Just use random stage, and I'll take whatever I get.

Personally, I find it faster to join a 5 bar game, than create a game and hope to get a 5 bar opponent.

If you're going to host the match, it's only fair that your opponent gets to select. Otherwise, the host would always choose the most favourable map for them, everytime. The host already gets an advantage as the match is hosted locally on their console. All things considered, the host should have less latency.

Of course, offline is still better as the winner of a game gets to choose the stage for the next match.

I am not saying i have not used it occassionally as most people do but i still don't like winning any matches this way.
I think that the RO's were created by the developers to bring a chance of "danger" to a player when standing too close to the edge of an arena and to give a bit of a "random/fun" factor to the game.
I do not think that it was intended that a player should make his main strategy to ring out on every occassion and in that aspect i think some people that constantly use this (except possibly on tournaments when u play 100% to win)it is just "Gay"( in a very lame crappie specific meaning for the word).
The real issue that i think has totally gotten out of Hand is the Hilde Ring outs from almost anywhere once u get hit 1 time in many arenas that for me is the only "big" imbalance issue.

ring outs are fine, i love getting the hate mail after ringing someone out with 3 different moves, specific case was maxi 1 ring out with 66B4 one with WL-K and one with RC-KK:K and the messages i recived, oh how i chuckled, my replay was simply, "if your to stupid to guard it then it aint my problem"

Personally, I find it faster to join a 5 bar game, than create a game and hope to get a 5 bar opponent.

If you're going to host the match, it's only fair that your opponent gets to select. Otherwise, the host would always choose the most favourable map for them, everytime. The host already gets an advantage as the match is hosted locally on their console. All things considered, the host should have less latency.

Of course, offline is still better as the winner of a game gets to choose the stage for the next match.

you misunderstood: I don't want to choose a stage that suits me better. I just want an option to force stage random, that's all.

RO are totally legit and add more depth to the game...however, I will not that some characters have soem ridiculous RO potential that often has me screaming "WTFH? I was 20 feet away!". You know those times when you land 90% on the ground and then "slide" off. yY Ivy sure as hell didn't get any broken ring outs like that, share the wealth Mitsu and Cassandra.

Back