Rumble in the Tundra

ChaCha

[10] Knight
Hi people. Trying to get some regional tournament action going around my parts. This will be a multi-game tournament, run quickly and efficiently by me and my staff. All tournaments will begin promptly on time, and be double elim- randomized brackets via software.

It will probably start off small, but I hope to make this at least a semi-annual occurrence, once I can get some hype up.

Anyone wanting to come, let me know via the various threads, on various forums. Or pm me if you need specific info or crash space.

Location: University of Buffalo- Student Union (North Campus)

http://www.buffalo.edu/community/visitor_directions_north.html

Time: Doors open at 11am for casuals, tourneys start at 1pm.

Venue Fee: $5- a small fee to help us cover the cost.

Games:

SoulCalibur 4: $10 entry (1st-70%, 2nd-20%, 3rd- entry back)
Best 3 of 5 rounds, 2 of 3 matches, default time/life/gauge
PS3 only Bonus & CAS characters banned
Algol is banned
Vader is legal
Yoda is legal
Binding Legal

Tekken 5: DR: $10 entry (1st-70%, 2nd-20%, 3rd- entry back)
Best 3 of 5 rounds, 2 of 3 matches, default time/life/gauge
PS3, Jinpachi banned

StreetFighter 3: 3rd Strike: $10 entry (70,20,entry)
Best 3 of 5 rounds, 2 of 3 matches
PS2, all normal tournament rules apply.

GuiltyGear: AC: $10 entry (1st-70%, 2nd-20%, 3rd- entry back)
Best 2 of 3 rounds, 2 of 3 matches, default time/life/gauge
Normal Tourney settings, PS2

Capcom vs SNK 2: $5 Entry (1st-70%, 2nd-20%, 3rd- entry back)
2 of 3 matches, default time/life/gauge
DC or PS2
Normal Tournament settings, and banned characters

Battle Fantasia: $5 Entry (1st-70%, 2nd-20%, 3rd- entry back)
Best 2 of 3 rounds, 2 of 3 matches, default time/life/gauge
No characters banned, No infinite's banned

Plenty of crash space available for those who travel to this. Should have a decent local turn out, so try to make it and see what it's all about. BUFFALO AIN'T THAT FAR.

More Updates to come as I have them.

cha cha

Sounds good. Hope to see other areas make this. For motivational purposes, I can make disparaging comments about the size of your penises if necessary. Questions on how I came by such information and/or requests for duels will only be satisfied on the date of the tourney, so start planning.

Cheers!

What better way to spend on my birthday than at a tournament, I'll try and make this, but why on a wednesday?

There will be plenty of out of towners as well. I expect SC4 to have a turnout of at least 25, hopefully more.

It'd be sweet if you guys came up. Plenty of crash space availible.

cha cha

Yeah i was looking at today's calendar, that's why I got it mixed up. But yeah Saturday I will so be looking forward to this.

You are an LOL factory Jon. Or should I call you Cpt. Stagnetti from now on?

WTF Jon you have the same birthday as me? And yeah this is on a Saturday, I probably won't be in the Buff until a few weeks after this though.

Hahahahaha god I'm dumb. ELEVEN 22 08. I'd like to come to this if I can get some crash space. the night prior. Maybe only me, 1-2 more at most. Any takers?

I know its on the same weekend as the BONE tourneys here in MA; but its on saturday so I can drive back post tournament, crash, and get some sleep before the BONE the next day. Oh yeah something about Thanksgiving? heh. Nah Cha, I'm straight. Looking forward to visiting Buffalo again.

-Idle

Everyone should come to this, i will run brackets on time AND have casual stations! OMGZ with todays standards for tourneys this is an amazing feat apparently!

Back