SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

I wonder if the direction of the news thread should be more of a privileged locked sticky then. Limit those who can update it and the content they post to very minimal, but informative posts.

For example: “SCVI playable at PAX!” followed by brief bits of info regarding time, date, potentially what build etc.

This could spawn threads within the forum (probably not automatically, but by those interested in the events/updates themselves) which would be further discussions of those topics.

Issues:
Who would be able to update the thread?
It’s a huge responsibility for those privileged posters to be the mouthpiece for SCVI global news.
It would cause those contributors to do extra work to stay on top of the news.

Thoughts?
Basically LeBello is going to update the first post with any relevant news.

I had no desire to post in that thread most of the time and sorting through garbage to find actual news could be a pain but this still seems a bit extreme and dare I say... Silly. It's a discussion thread, you've got to expect people say things you don't agree with or outright dislike and now it seems when 'news' happens the 'news' thread is going to be the last place most people see it rather than the first I think...

Updating the first post only works if people are being obsessive, there's no notification option for someone editing a post as far as I'm aware anyway, also when people post about it elsewhere it's going to get buried under the recent activity too...

But whatever, I've got no horse in this race, I just check here when I'm bored hopefully not to become more bored and generally in vain. Mostly I don't care one way or another anymore.

Personally the news thread should only be open to a handful of people who just post news and leaks with a hyperlink to this thread for people to then discuss. I get and support the idea that some form of protection of the actual news from being swamped with shitposting is needed so we can find the actual information with ease. Not knocking you guys for your discussions but having something open for everyone to post their opinions inevitably leads to a mess. Links from the news thread to a containment board such as this is the only productive way to fix the situation and keep everyone happy.

There probably should be a separate, locked news archive thread for easier reference but all I'm saying is naming the thread a 'discussion' thread and then complaining when people discuss is misleading and a bit asinine... You'll put people off visiting this site entirely if you carry on like that.

Just make a separate thread and lock that don't make a 'news discussion' thread then complain and delete posts when people discuss the news. Kappa

I mean, can't they just keep the first page of that thread for actual news/leaks or whatever, and have the rest of that thread for people to comment on whatever is going on regarding upcoming events/announcement? If a post goes very off topic or potentially causes childish bickering, then maybe move or delete it. But keep the main thing going. If anyone who visits the site is curious as to what is the latest regarding those announcements or leaks, he can find it all in the first few posts of the thread (Which can be edited by G1 or Le Bello).

I'm not trying to do a mod's job, i'm just curious.

Mainly because we get crap like Macaylum arguing that lizardman doesn't belong in the game and other dross that has no mooring in any released news at all.

I mean, can't they just keep the first page of that thread for actual news/leaks or whatever, and have the rest of that thread for people to comment on whatever is going on regarding upcoming events/announcement? If a post goes very off topic or potentially causes childish bickering, then maybe move or delete it. But keep the main thing going. If anyone who visits the site is curious as to what is the latest regarding those announcements or leaks, he can find it all in the first few posts of the thread (Which can be edited by G1 or Le Bello).

I'm not trying to do a mod's job, i'm just curious.
This is exactly what we were doing.

The intention was always to try have the latest news and announcements thrown up in front two pages for easy reference and for people to comment on those things and talk about it. But people didn't stick to simply "commenting on whatever is going on regarding upcoming events/announcements", instead you get a flood of posts that spiderweb into petty arguments and straight-out harassment and shitposting with only the odd two or three people actually discussing the topic at hand. There's a difference between discussing an announcement, and have a 6-page debacle about Taki's tits.

Despite multiple warnings, people continued. So posts got deleted. Then people whinged about their posts being deleted, further derailing everything.

The fact is that the Admins and Senior Mods spent a lot of time cleaning up that thread to try keep it operating smoothly while people repeatedly ignored it.

Some users were aware and tried linking to others to the relevant threads, and we do appreciate that. But as it stands there're no plans to reopen that thread. I'll keep updating it when things keep happening, and if there's any new you feel I've missed feel free to wing it my way.

If you have any issues with how I moderate, as ever I encourage you to PM me to talk about it.

On a newsy front a bird on facebook said that the release date is targeted for September 6th. Same source provided a lot of valid info back on sc3 so this has some weight to it.
NO!!!

You're shitting me...you know that's my birthday >:o or whoever this bird is.

don't play with muh feelings like that..

Well it was revealed around the same time as MvC:I which was a freaking rush job and my birthday happens to be close by. But being Floridian, chances of a hurricane go up around that time. And there's also Dragon Quest XI coming out around that time.

And because MvC:I was released around the same time, I'm going to be super skeptical now.

But the sixth is a Thursday. Games don’t generally release on a Thursday afaik.

Last edited:
I was guessing the 9th since that's when sc1 on the dreamcast came out in the U.S. soI wasn't that far off if it's true.

9th is a Sunday. Not happening.

Anyways we have about half that character select screen filled and know what 1/4ths of the stages are.

PAX should ideally preview the next batch of info.

Anyways we have about half that character select screen filled and know what 1/4ths of the stages are.

PAX should ideally preview the next batch of info.
It would make sense for them to have April's reveal on the 5th since it's been a while since March's reveal (which was also only one character), but i wouldn't hold my breath. It may very well be the 12th or even 19th, and i doubt at this point that they will show a new build before another announcement.

lol, even with a new announcement, i'm pessimistic that they'll show a new build anytime soon.

Isn't Arthur just a bootleg Mitsurugi swap? I'd rather have someone else for DLC.

NO!!!

You're shitting me...you know that's my birthday >:o or whoever this bird is.

don't play with muh feelings like that..
Happy early birthday!
tumblr_ngwarrlkfG1qcm0i5o2_500.gif

Back