SC1 character ban list? (and Soul Blade?)

PhilBond

[09] Warrior
Looking for a real old guy here:

I didn't play competetively until SC2, and I'm curious. Were any characters or tactics banned from SC1 tourneys, either on consoles or in the arcade? Also: same question, on Soul Edge & Soul Edge v.II & Soul Blade.

Not even Cervantes in Soul Edge? But he's a boss character! He can fly! He breaks the rules of the game! He shoots bubbles! -wait...

Not even Cervantes in Soul Edge? But he's a boss character! He can fly! He breaks the rules of the game! He shoots bubbles! -wait...
*squints* For a second there, I thought I saw Tiamat for a second there. But no, Tiamat's otherwise occupied.
But really, the SB folks were interchangeable to the point that it scarcely mattered if Cervy was in the mix or not.

Hwang never returned as a full-fledged character after SC1. He was and always will be my favorite.

You're so missed, my friend.

Nothing was banned in SC1. It would have been plausible to ban Cervy; however, the DC version added so many new moves to existing characters the arcade-based model couldn't be considered.

SE was never a serious tournament game.

Hwang never returned as a full-fledged character after SC1. He was and always will be my favorite.

You're so missed, my friend.

SC1 Hwang was awesome. Such a shame. His animations are still some of the best I've seen in the series. He was part of the main cast in SC3 AE along with Li Long but he lost his most interesting tools.

Lizardman was the master of ringouts in SC1 I remember and there were a lot of differing oppinions on Maxi. I never used him or played against a good one myself.

Han Myong (Hwang's master and Seong Mina's father) was another that didn't come back after SE/SB. Anyone remember him?

Back